Shoutbox

Designing Windows... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Designing Windows... (/showthread.php?tid=61348)

Designing Windows... by Mike on 06-25-2006 at 04:25 PM

How do all the scripts developers design their windows?
Yes, I know that MP!L offers a feature for creating windows, but how do they design these windows?
The windows are designed using XML.
How do they know how to position their control, how big it should be, etc?
But I doubt that every developer that has used windows (speaking those offered from MP!L) in their script have been entering "random" numbers for height, width, top and left until they found something that looks nice :-/

There must be a way that allows you to design the window, expect using their XML Editor and having to guess the values...

And if there isn't a way, then I think I'll just use the good ol' VB forms, called from an ActiveX DLL...
And thats too bad, because the windows that scripts could make, were looking nice, since they adopt the style of WLM... :(

RE: Designing Windows... by matty on 06-25-2006 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Yes, I know that MP!L offers a feature for creating windows, but how do they design these windows?
But I doubt that every developer that has used windows (speaking those offered from MP!L) in their script have been entering "random" numbers for height, width, top and left until they found something that looks nice :-/

There must be a way that allows you to design the window, expect using their XML Editor and having to guess the values...

And if there isn't a way, then I think I'll just use the good ol' VB forms, called from an ActiveX DLL...
And thats too bad, because the windows that scripts could make, were looking nice, since they adopt the style of WLM... :(
Dempsey was/is (not sure anymore) was working on a GUI Maker for the windows.
RE: Designing Windows... by Mike on 06-25-2006 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Dempsey was/is (not sure anymore) was working on a GUI Maker for the windows.
Nice to hear that :)
Hope he is still working on the project and that he will finish it soon (Y)
RE: Designing Windows... by Tochjo on 06-26-2006 at 11:07 AM

This discussion is continued at [Request]Visual PlusWnd Tool.