Shoutbox

[Request] Remove user from multi-conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation (/showthread.php?tid=61357)

[Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by AdamCookie! on 06-25-2006 at 04:58 PM

Would it be possible for anyone to make a script where the person that invited someone into a conversation can remove them? - I for one think it would be extreamly useful!

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by Chris4 on 06-25-2006 at 04:59 PM

I don't think that will be possible.

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by segosa on 06-25-2006 at 05:00 PM

Not possible.

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by AdamCookie! on 06-25-2006 at 05:01 PM

Didn't think it would be, worth a try anyway..

Cheers guys

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by Owl on 06-25-2006 at 05:02 PM

Yes, tricky, because messenger offers no functionality to kick someone out of a multi-party conversation. It's quite deliberate, designed to enforce some sort of manners - if you don't like the conversation, you can leave it, but you can't boot people out of it.

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by DRaGoM on 06-25-2006 at 05:09 PM

there's a way to do it.. but is not perfect... It should be possible make messenger close that conversation and open a new one with all the people exept the black sheep LOL but... the other conversation would be open on the rest of the chaters but they can always close it :P (sorry my english)

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by Mushroom_Man on 06-25-2006 at 05:10 PM

Couldn't you make a script that makes you leave the conversation, and invites everyone else but the person you've "kicked" into a new convo?

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by mathieumg on 06-25-2006 at 05:10 PM

You had the same idea I think :p

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by matty on 06-25-2006 at 05:14 PM

If you want to get out of the conversation type .pif

It will say you have network troubles and kick everyone out.

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by Owl on 06-25-2006 at 05:18 PM

The documentation doesn't seem to give any easy way to leave a chat (probably quite easy to work around, just close the window one way or another), or to invite people into a chat window (could be harder to work around)

I'm hoping the future will bring a bigger toolkit for use with MPL scripts;)

Owl

RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by lopardo on 06-25-2006 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
If you want to get out of the conversation type .pif

It will say you have network troubles and kick everyone out.

That doesn't seem to work like that anymore, it just kicks *you* out now.
RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by Flatron on 06-25-2006 at 05:41 PM

If you have a fast upload bandwidth, you can write a script, which floods the user's port, and the connection will be lost because of timeout. :D

RE: RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by segosa on 06-25-2006 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Owl
The documentation doesn't seem to give any easy way to leave a chat (probably quite easy to work around, just close the window one way or another), or to invite people into a chat window (could be harder to work around)

I'm hoping the future will bring a bigger toolkit for use with MPL scripts;)

Owl

Closing a chat window is simple.

code:
Interop.Call("User32", "SendMessageW", pChatWnd.Handle, 0x10, 0, 0);

Note that 0x10 is WM_CLOSE, and pChatWnd is the ChatWnd object.
RE: [Request] Remove user from multi-conversation by matty on 06-25-2006 at 07:14 PM

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(pChatWnd){
    if (pChatWnd.Contacts.Count != 1){
        if (Interop.Call('user32', 'MessageBoxW', pChatWnd.Handle, 'Exit multi-user conversation?', 'Exit :', 36) == 6){
            Interop.Call('user32', 'SendMessageW', pChatWnd.Handle, 0x10, 0, 0);
        }
    }
}