Shoutbox

Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! (/showthread.php?tid=61365)

Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by giancarlo90 on 06-25-2006 at 05:44 PM

Hi everyone!
Is there any way to remove the contact list advertisement?

Many thanks in advance.

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by matty on 06-25-2006 at 05:46 PM

Not using Messenger Plus! Live. However StuffPlug 3 will have this feture incoporated; unless development plans have changed.

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 05:47 PM

Use A-Patch

NOTE : PATCHING MESSENGER MAY CREATE PROBLEMS

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Zahid™ on 06-25-2006 at 05:47 PM

Use A-Patch [ http://apatch.ikhost.com/wlm.php ] or use Mess Patch ( for Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0787 & 8.0.0792 ) [ http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=675 ]

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Chris4 on 06-25-2006 at 06:51 PM

I reccomend Mess Patch, as it's MsgPlus! Live compatible.

In the changelog, Patchou wrote:
- Compatibility fix for messpatch.

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Reload2 on 06-25-2006 at 07:04 PM

Well I remember few days ago, a official tester (Apprentice_Anakin) posted on the mess.be forum about a compatibility issue with Mess patch but it was fixed after. Anyway, I recommand Mess Patch too, more options and never had bugs or compatibility problems with other add-ons :)

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by giancarlo90 on 06-25-2006 at 07:25 PM

Thanks everyone for your help!:D
:D

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by rpsgc on 06-25-2006 at 09:26 PM

Yes, Messpatch is best.
FYI: DON'T use CleanMessenger.

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Skyler0 on 06-25-2006 at 10:06 PM

Could someone possibly tell me the difference between A-Patch and Mess Patch. I tried MessPatch once, and I like the general layout of A-Patch better, and I haven't had any problems with compatibility.

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 10:08 PM

I have not done many tests with A-Patch. Try to use it and if you notice anything wrong, post about it :)

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by giancarlo90 on 06-26-2006 at 01:25 AM

I downloaded the mess patch!
Way to cool!
lots of options.
No problems
Thanks again guys!

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Terry_K on 06-26-2006 at 01:37 AM

I see you have used the Patch. However, if you no longer prefer to use the patch after a while, you may enable MSN Video in Windows Live Messenger. This shows a video carousel in Windows Live Messenger. This replaces the advertisement but the advertisement will still appear instead of the Video Carousel from time to time. To do this, you will need to do the following:

• Go to Tools > Options
  • Click on General
  • Enable the check box: " Show Video Carousel in the main Window Live Messenger"

RE: Windows live Messenger advertisement removal! by Reload2 on 06-26-2006 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Terry_K
I see you have used the Patch. However, if you no longer prefer to use the patch after a while, you may enable MSN Video in Windows Live Messenger. This shows a video carousel in Windows Live Messenger. This replaces the advertisement but the advertisement will still appear instead of the Video Carousel from time to time. To do this, you will need to do the following:
  • Go to Tools > Options
  • Click on General
  • Enable the check box: " Show Video Carousel in the main Window Live Messenger"

Primo, it doesn't work (using Mess Patch)
Secundo, no need to see the video carousel again if you already choosed to not see it :S Just restore backups