Shoutbox

Akward way to set toast notifications - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Akward way to set toast notifications (/showthread.php?tid=61372)

Akward way to set toast notifications by mummycool1 on 06-25-2006 at 06:18 PM

Hi all. Just small point really but annoying all the same. When I went to set my preferences for the pop up notifications for when people sign in/out or change their names etc, I had to check each individual contacts box (could we not have the option to check all, for those of us who have lots of contacts?) Its a bit more long winded setting these up than in the older versions, and would be made much simpler and faster if there was a check all option.
Thanks for listening. Hope I've not repeated this, I did look though 21 pages and do a seach before posting.

RE: Akward way to set toast notifications by matty on 06-25-2006 at 06:32 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=675808]

Already available.

RE: Akward way to set toast notifications by branthemosherman on 06-25-2006 at 08:06 PM

Now the only problem (with me anyway) is that no notification is showing when my contacts go offline.
Which is odd.....

RE: Akward way to set toast notifications by matty on 06-25-2006 at 08:11 PM

Create a new Event

Select All Contacts
Choose User has signed out
Check Display a popup notification when event occurs

Then fill out the rest of the settings and click next then done

Alternately edit the event you have and make sure 'Display a popup notification when event occurs' is checked
RE: Akward way to set toast notifications by branthemosherman on 06-25-2006 at 08:17 PM

Ohh sorry, I know how to do it, and have it set up to tell me that.
It's just that it is not showing the toasts/notifications, that's my problem

RE: Akward way to set toast notifications by mummycool1 on 06-26-2006 at 10:16 AM

Ahhhhhhhhh doh!!!! I cannot believe I missed the drop down menu to select all, sorry guys :$:$:$

RE: Akward way to set toast notifications by M73A on 06-26-2006 at 10:33 AM

i hate the way u have to tick the people over and over to add one different option!

RE: Akward way to set toast notifications by branthemosherman on 06-26-2006 at 01:16 PM

ok, it's working now
i'm prosuming it might be a compatibility fault with Messenger Discovery Live!
As that has not started up this time and the toasts are working, i will have to test further to see if that is the case.
Sorry for any worry.