Shoutbox

Chat Log Viewer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Chat Log Viewer (/showthread.php?tid=61429)

Chat Log Viewer by Malmis on 06-25-2006 at 09:23 PM

When i try to view a big logfile in the chat log viewer it's very slow, i can't understand why it's so slow to read from a plain text file?
Even Notepad is faster and shows the file directly when i open it.
I think u need to fix this.. it's not so fun to wait 3-4min for 1 logfile to be fully opened..

RE: Chat Log Viewer by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 10:04 PM

well, the problem is that notepad is indeed much faster to open text files than Internet Explorer. Can you tell me wha'ts the language included in your log? so far, I've only heard problems with rtl languages such as Arabic or Hebrew.

RE: RE: Chat Log Viewer by Malmis on 06-25-2006 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
well, the problem is that notepad is indeed much faster to open text files than Internet Explorer. Can you tell me wha'ts the language included in your log? so far, I've only heard problems with rtl languages such as Arabic or Hebrew.

the language is Swedish, why can't u make so it will open xml with IE and plaintext with notepad or something like that?
RE: Chat Log Viewer by hitt on 06-25-2006 at 10:17 PM

well, i have the same problem, i want see the older conversations that are too long, but i cant =/..my instalation is in spanish, i just want to copy some parts of this conversations but i can, it go too slower, who can tell me how to open this logs on the older way (with notepad) or make that the chat log viewer go faster..plz help, i dont want to loose that value old information..=)