Shoutbox

DESTROYED my emoticons :( (Please Help) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: DESTROYED my emoticons :( (Please Help) (/showthread.php?tid=61445)

DESTROYED my emoticons :( (Please Help) by Ignis1982 on 06-25-2006 at 10:22 PM

I was using WLM with Plus perfectly when I tried to send a sound... then WLM hanged and i had to close it. Weird coz it was working perfectly until then. When i started WLM again... i couldn't send emoticons!!

So instead of the smiley i get just see the characters (EJ: ":" & "P" instead of :p). Even worse, whenever I tried to send a sound WLM hangs! :s

I reinstalled WLM but the problem remained.

I uninstalled messenger plus but i still can't have emoticons.

I even tried uninstalling wlm and reinstaling Msn Messenger 7.5. And still no emoticons! In fact all my custom emoticons from wlm are avaliable for 7.5 AFTER uninstalling.

Is there a way to COMPLETELY uninstall msn messenger/wlm? Maybe that way (and reinstalling) I can recover the ability to send them :p

RE: A bug that DESTROYED my emoticons :( (Please Help) by user27089 on 06-25-2006 at 10:24 PM

Well in the Instant Messaging window try checking: Tools > Show Emoticans.

RE: A bug that DESTROYED my emoticons :( (Please Help) by Chris4 on 06-25-2006 at 10:25 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=676313]

Try ticking Show Emoticons :)

Edit: Beat me to it :-#

RE: A bug that DESTROYED my emoticons :( (Please Help) by Ignis1982 on 06-25-2006 at 10:29 PM

wow, can't believe it was that easy... how is it possible that plus deactivated that feature?