Shoutbox

McAfee - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: McAfee (/showthread.php?tid=61457)

McAfee by Fuzzles on 06-25-2006 at 11:11 PM

Hey Everyone
-!felu!- gave me Mcafee to try ad get rid of my virus, how good is it? It says for me to uninstall all other virus protectors. Is it worth it? I currently have ad-aware SE and this other crappy one.

Need advice!

RE: McAfee by NiteMare on 06-25-2006 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzles
Hey Everyone
-!felu!- gave me Mcafee to try ad get rid of my virus, how good is it? It says for me to uninstall all other virus protectors. Is it worth it? I currently have ad-aware SE and this other crappy one.

Need advice!

mcafee once found ad-aware as a virus:dodgy:

i used to use it, it can be very picky, 80% of the time it doesn't work for me and i have to reinstall it, i've switched to AVG free edition
RE: McAfee by Chris4 on 06-25-2006 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i've switched to AVG free edition
I was just going to say, use AVG Free Edition (Y):D
RE: McAfee by Reload2 on 06-26-2006 at 12:49 AM

There's also avast! Free Home Edition I've saw people using it and it seems good in reviews too. Maybe you could give it a try

RE: McAfee by Jimcando on 06-26-2006 at 01:30 AM

I use avast! and I quite like it. I used to use AVG, but I can't remember why I switched. They are both good (Y)

RE: McAfee by Fuzzles on 06-26-2006 at 05:34 AM

Downloading AVG now..........

FUCK! this virus is annoying me, it is changing my settings, I cant even go into my Documents or internet! To get to internet I have to onto msn then click ckeck your inbox.

GRRRRR:@

RE: McAfee by Anubis on 06-26-2006 at 07:28 AM

I have the latest version of McAfee and it has worked fine with me in the past. I once downloaded an infected file (only something very light) and it identified the infection as soon as the download had finished. I'd say it is very good personally.

RE: McAfee by Fuzzles on 06-26-2006 at 08:04 AM

Reload you legend!!!!!!! Not even the Tech Centre at my school could get it off. They said i needed a reload. You legend! Now the only problem is getting my homepage back.... But thanks heaps!!!