Shoutbox

Contact list clean-up - deleting also blocks! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Contact list clean-up - deleting also blocks! (/showthread.php?tid=61465)

Contact list clean-up - deleting also blocks! by Derwan on 06-26-2006 at 12:01 AM

In the Contact List Clean-up for Messenger Plus! Live, deleting someone from the contact list cleanup also blocks them.  I think it would be better to have this as an option or an alternative button (e.g. "Block and Delete")?

To me, the idea of a contact list clean-up feature is to delete contacts you no longer talk to - or who may not have you on their list any more.  Why fill up the block list with these people when all you want to do is remove them from your contact list?

What do you think?  (Use the poll and add comments.)

RE: Contact list clean-up - deleting also blocks! by Discrate on 06-26-2006 at 01:51 AM

But if you delete someone why not block them? you do not want to talk to them again so you deleted them off your list

RE: Contact list clean-up - deleting also blocks! by Derwan on 06-26-2006 at 01:55 AM

1.  The block list is limited.
2.  If I delete someone because we haven't chatted in ages, it doesn't mean I don't want to talk to them.  I'm cleaning up my list, but if they choose to talk to me again, they're most welcome.  I don't want to block them.