Shoutbox

Non-Instant Messaging Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=61467)

Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by xa0s on 06-26-2006 at 12:14 AM

Is there anyway you can remove this?

It's the only thing I HATE about WLM. 8o|

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by qgroessl on 06-26-2006 at 12:16 AM

Filter contacts... -sort contacts by status
                  or  -display online contacts only.
                  or  -Messenger Contacts only

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by tony on 06-26-2006 at 12:18 AM

Yes, just Untick this option..

"show all contacts"

[Image: untik9nb.jpg]

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by xa0s on 06-26-2006 at 12:21 AM

Sorted. Cheers guys. My WLM is now perfect.

[Image: image0494hy.png]

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by mattmadge22 on 02-05-2010 at 04:15 PM

ok im having lots of trouble finding this and i dont have any kind of up and down arrow button, please help

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by Chrissy on 02-06-2010 at 02:02 AM

IIRC, in wlm 9 this was removed? (or changed?)

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by mattmadge22 on 02-06-2010 at 05:40 AM

im pretty sure it must of been removed, ive even downloaded wlm 8 and it had it so obviously the newer one doesnt have it unless its somewhere hidden and i never changed anything yet. i just downloaded it like a few days ago and im pretty confused how to fix all this.

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by Chris4 on 02-06-2010 at 06:10 AM

Hm, my WLM 2009 doesn't show non-instant messaging contacts...

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by mattmadge22 on 02-06-2010 at 06:14 PM

heres my messenger, is there any suggestions where to go for filter contacts or where to right click anything? i just cant fingure this out.

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by djdannyp on 02-06-2010 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mattmadge22
heres my messenger, is there any suggestions where to go for filter contacts or where to right click anything? i just cant fingure this out.

What are you trying to do?

The original poster was asking how to remove non-instant messaging contacts from Windows Live Messenger 3 1/2 years ago....since then they have been removed, so I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for?

Also, if you want to show a screenshot, try using the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard rather than taking a photo ;)
RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by Chris4 on 02-06-2010 at 08:06 PM

From what I can see, your Messenger isn't showing non-instant messaging contacts. I don't think WLM2009 does any more...

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by mattmadge22 on 02-07-2010 at 05:36 PM

what i cant fingure out is how to remove non-instant messaging contacts on wlm 9. when i delete someone it still shows that contact there.

(thanks for the tip but the print button dont work either) :S

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by djdannyp on 02-07-2010 at 06:26 PM

quote:
what i cant fingure out is how to remove non-instant messaging contacts on wlm 9. when i delete someone it still shows that contact there.

(thanks for the tip but the print button dont work either) :S

When you delete them, tick the box that says "Also remove from my Windows Live Hotmail contacts"

And the print screen button does work, you have to then paste the image into a program such as paint and then save it ;)
RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by mattmadge22 on 02-07-2010 at 11:21 PM

thanks but what about the contacts i already deleted and cant get back and still stay non-messaging contact? and do you have to have a printer in order to show the print screen or not cus where ever i press it nothing happens.

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by Chrissy on 02-07-2010 at 11:23 PM

Press the button, open paint and press CTRL + V. You do not need a printer.

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by djdannyp on 02-07-2010 at 11:48 PM

quote:
thanks but what about the contacts i already deleted and cant get back and still stay non-messaging contact? and do you have to have a printer in order to show the print screen or not cus where ever i press it nothing happens.

Non-instant messenger contacts do not show up in WLM 2009...so if you've already deleted them then they're gone from your messenger, the only place they'll show up is in Hotmail.

If you think that they're showing up in WLM then please post a screenshot

Also read messages properly before replying, I clearly said that you had to paste the image into a program like paint after pressing the print screen button ;)
RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by mattmadge22 on 02-08-2010 at 06:12 AM

well thanks, i dunno why i find all my old contacts in a list when i create a group or category. it shows every single contact even the ones that aren't on my contact list anymore. ive been to so many forums and i dont understand everything on how to remove these.

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by djdannyp on 02-08-2010 at 10:48 AM

Easiest way would be to re-add them to WLM (they will recieve no notification) and then delete them again, checking the "Also remove from my Windows Live Hotmail contacts" box

RE: Non-Instant Messaging Contacts by mattmadge22 on 02-08-2010 at 08:18 PM

hey thank you once again. you helped me alot. i was never sure if that hotmail thing would work since i only have windows live. :D(Y)