Shoutbox

Get rid of some emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Get rid of some emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=61471)

Get rid of some emoticons by radiodemon on 06-26-2006 at 12:51 AM

Hi, I've been having this idea for a while of developing a script that would get rid of some emoticons sent by my contacts since I have some friends who like to abuse emoticons and the message just becomes not understandable, I thought that Msg Plus Live would help me with this but I am reading that if I use OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage emoticons will not be re-parsed, any ideas?

RE: Get rid of some emoticons by cloudhunter on 06-26-2006 at 01:27 AM

Just turn off emoticons for the conacts who abuse them? Would save scripting.

Cloudy

RE: Get rid of some emoticons by radiodemon on 06-26-2006 at 01:32 AM

thanx, that was actually my second option, but I really wanted to make the script :(

RE: Get rid of some emoticons by cloudhunter on 06-26-2006 at 01:45 AM

Well it may be possible to have selective turning custom emoticons off with certain contacts... Would that be what you are looking for? I'm not sure though haven't looked at it or scripting in too much detail... (Have yet to create a script...)

Cloudy

RE: RE: Get rid of some emoticons by radiodemon on 06-26-2006 at 06:03 PM

I was thinking of at least disabling them when I received certain emoticons but I guess it wouldn't also be possible. :(

RE: Get rid of some emoticons by Graventhorp on 06-26-2006 at 06:10 PM

Disabling specific emoticons wouldn't work for much time since emoticon abusers tend to add new ones constantly. Maybe block those emoticons that are triggered by normal words?

Like those people that have a big annoying thing triggered by "lol" and then when they type soemthing like "Lollipop" you see "EMOTICONlipop"

RE: Get rid of some emoticons by radiodemon on 06-26-2006 at 06:14 PM

yeah I was planning on having some function to add new words and remove them, I don't want to disable all emoticons

RE: Get rid of some emoticons by Graventhorp on 06-26-2006 at 06:16 PM

But a planned, well developed emoticon abuse script would be an instant hit, I'm sure..... it's perhaps one of the single most annoying things people do in MSN

Excuse me, WLM

I'd be happy to provide feedback....beta test it if you will, I have lots of emoticon abusers in my contacts

RE: Get rid of some emoticons by radiodemon on 07-27-2006 at 06:23 PM

Any ideas?