Shoutbox

[Release] Msn Flash 1.1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 (/showthread.php?tid=61488)

[Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by ivan300 on 06-26-2006 at 03:10 AM

Here is my Msn flash updated for messenger plus live ! ;)

What it does is turns on and off the comm port while you have a message. So if you attach a led to the comm port it will blink and alert you that you have a message. Very useful in games or when you’re away from the computer. :D

Instructions:
----------------------
Have messenger plus live installed and execute the script

You will need MSCOMM32.OCX and it has to be registered, so copy it to C:\Windows\system32\
and then run regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMM32.OCX"

How to hook up the led:
----------------------
Make sure it is hooked up to Com port 1 (I only have one on my comp so i cant test it)
An led has a positive (longer lead) and a negative lead what you do is connect the positive pin to
the 4 pin and the negative to the 3 pin

____-_+___
  \ o o o o o/
   \ o o o o/
    --------
Note: The cable that i am using is a crossover type cable so it might not be exactly like yours.
Do not be afraid try different pins if it doesn’t work for you.

[Image: msnflash19ec.jpg]

please post any suggestions or questions you have

Updated in 1.1
The led will turn off when you start typing a message, there is no need for it to be running while you are talking to someone ;)

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by ykz on 06-26-2006 at 03:23 AM

hmm.. sounds cool
but i havent got a led :P

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by can16358p on 06-26-2006 at 07:21 AM

how can we find a led for com port?

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Themuzz on 06-26-2006 at 11:09 AM

Hi, nice work. I also added this:

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(Wnd,Msg) {
    if(Msg == "flash") {
OnEvent_ChatWndDestroyed()
        return "";
    }
}

So if you don't want to speak to the person but you want to keep the window open you typ flash and it stops flashing..

It's a really cool script, but perhaps there are more possibility's like adding more led's on the com-port and for example:
*turn a red led on when your signed out
*turn a green led on when you recieve a message from someone special (you can do that with more led's)
*you can think yourself of more

I di'dn't found anything to turn on more numbers of the com-port, perhaps that isn't possible because the com-port is used to transfer data.

But what if you use the printer-port, you could use (from the head) 6 pins, so 6 leds. I already have something to turn lights, radio, accespoint on and of with your parallel-port (printer-port) but i can't get this work in messenger plus! live scripts.

In visual basic .NET 2005 i use this:

code:
Module Module1
    Public Declare Sub PortOut Lib "io.dll" (ByVal Port As Integer, ByVal Value As Byte)
    Public Declare Function PortIn Lib "io.dll" (ByVal Port As Integer) As Byte
End Module

//example
Call PortOut(888, 255)

I copied this from the source file so it's a kinda messy, but you get the point. Does anyone know how to do this in Live scripts?
The most important thing is to import 'io.dll'...

Greetz Themuzz
RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-26-2006 at 11:18 AM

hi,       

hey Themuzz,  i would like to know how do you controll all that stuff from the LPT1?   i mean i imagine it's with rellays controlled by that port  but where did you get the software?

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Themuzz on 06-26-2006 at 12:52 PM

It's not that hard. To control hardware with your lpt1 port you do this

here an image from your lpt1 port:

[Image: printer2.gif]

here some information:

Pin-nummer - Uitgang - Waarde
2 - D0 - 1
3 - D1 - 2
4 - D2 - 4
5 - D3 - 8
6 - D4 - 16
7 - D5 - 32
8 - D6 - 64
9 - D7 - 128
18 = mass

here the circuit:

[Image: printer1.gif]

the end that says 'data' you connect with the pin (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) and the '-' you connect with the mass (18).

So you can make this 8 times and connect the 'data' line to a new pin and the '-' everytime to the mass (18).

The you can connect every hardware that works in the range of 9-12V. The power source of the hardware you connect with the + and the - with the end of the hardware (i hope you understand, otherwise just ask).

-------------------------------------------

now the software part:

First you have to donload io.dll, i included it.

Download io.dll
Mirror 1

Then include it in your project.

+++++
Here some functions you can then use:

PortOut
Outputs a byte to the specified port.

PortWordOut
Outputs a word (16-bits) to the specified port.

PortDWordOut
Outputs a double word (32-bits) to the specified port.

PortIn
Reads a byte from the specified port.

PortWordIn
Reads a word (16-bits) from the specified port.

PortDWordIn
Reads a double word (32-bits) from the specified port.

SetPortBit
Sets the bit of the specified port.

ClrPortBit
Clears the bit of the specified port.

NotPortBit
Nots (inverts) the bit of the specified port.

GetPortBit
Returns the state of the specified bit.

RightPortShift
Shifts the specified port to the right. The LSB is returned, and the value passed becomes the MSB.

LeftPortShift
Shifts the specified port to the left. The MSB is returned, and the value passed becomes the LSB.

IsDriverInstalled
Returns non-zero if io.dll is installed and functioning. The primary purpose of this function is to ensure that the kernel mode driver for NT/2000/XP has been installed and is accessible.
+++++

I only used this function:

Call PortOut(888, 255)

The 888 stands for lpt port 1.
The 255 for the pins you turned on, if you want to turn on all the pins you dot his:
1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128=255

If you want to turn on pin 4 and 6:

4+16=20
so: Call PortOut(888, 20)

I hope I made it clear for you :)

If you have any questions just ask.

Greetz Themuzz

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-26-2006 at 01:05 PM

YES!  very clear!   thank you,   now i can start coding some commands con MP!L,   thanx!

ut now, i'm wondering..   is there a standalone software t control devices with the LPT1?   just wondering,   later today i'll google it but maybe you already know one...

thanx again!!

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Themuzz on 06-26-2006 at 01:23 PM

yes, i have a program to control your lpt1 port fast..

Link: http://www.geekhideout.com/parmon.shtml
Download: http://www.geekhideout.com/downloads/parmon.zip

But do you know how to call the io.dll in a script and use the function so you can control everything in a script??

Greetz Themuzz

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by vk3xem on 06-26-2006 at 01:34 PM

Do you guys realise there are many more applications possible for this script?

Remote control for example!  I could see it controlling almost anything if the script was developed a little more!

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Themuzz on 06-26-2006 at 02:01 PM

hehe, yeah, i know...
I already attached my old nokia phone to my pc and when i recieve a message like: 'turn on light1' it will turn on a light i connected, i did the same with my radio, you can do almost everything :p

But yeah, it is remote control

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-26-2006 at 04:14 PM

So,  when you use the Call PortOut(888, 255),      if the pins are connected to a bunch of relays,   does the voltage go continuously or is it just a pulse?   i mean,   my idea is o connect different relays to each pin,  to turn on or of through a command i receive through a message,   so I'm on another computer and i can turn on the radio in my home,  or a light,  or anything....

with the Call PortOut(888, 255) command,   does it send a pulse to all pins or continuous voltage?

and one other thing...    how would you write the script? 

I'm new,  but i can understand already written code,   and seeing the one for the Comm port i see he calls the Mscomm activex or something like that...   how would i start a script to control the LPT1?

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Lou on 06-26-2006 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ivan300
Msn
wlm maybe?:P
RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Themuzz on 06-26-2006 at 05:44 PM

Hi Novolo,

I havn't looked that much at it but here some information:

-If you turn a pin on then there is continuously voltage, the  BC547B from the circuit will then allow the I to go from the + to the - , you know...
-It is possible to make it work on recieving a message, but i have to look at the code.. Later this week i will post my code, i hope it's working by then, i'll also post a full tutorial

and the function PortOut(A,B) is used as this:
A = 888 = lpt port 1
B= number calculated by the relays you want to turn on

i'll explain later

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-26-2006 at 06:13 PM

ok great! :)
so PortOut turns on certain pins,   how do i turn them off?

PS:  I'm anxious to see your script to control LPT1 pins :D

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Themuzz on 06-26-2006 at 07:07 PM

you can turn them off by sending a new command that doesn't include the old one, for example PortOut(888,8) will turn on led (or radio:P) 3 (2^3=8).

If you want to turn it off you just send PortOut(888,0) or anything where 8 is not included...

I hope you understand.

I also made the script and it works so i can now control my lpt1 port with messenger plus! live scripts..
The things i've coded are just for led's flashing, i havn't put anything on to turn it on or off.

But i can code it to turn on a pin on an event...

This is what i've made

+On opening convo; flashing pin 1 and 8
-stops on closing convo or when you type something

+On recieving message 'walk' (so someone sends you message walk) it will turn on pin 1, then 2, then 3, etc, and starts over; a walking light..

I'm waiting till the program is released to make a descent window to config it:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61531

So I'm sorry you have to wait :p if it's taking to long i will release something this week...

Perhaps some people could submit a feature that they would like to see, or to turn on a relay on a new event....

Greetz Themuzz

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-26-2006 at 07:13 PM

well,   since you ask to request features,    i would like to see this:

when receives certain message like:  !radio   it would turn on a certain pin,   and that would turn on the relay of the radio...    then i could add something like a response telling that the radio is on...
and if sent again it would turn it off

my idea is that my messenger is online all day,  so i could log in to another account and send commands to my messenger and turn things on and off at my house...

one other thing,   sorry to bother you...    do you use a relay on a pin to turn your radio on?  or how do you do it?  just curious

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by DRaGoM on 06-26-2006 at 08:04 PM

You give me an exellent idea!!! =D

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by ivan300 on 06-26-2006 at 08:56 PM

i like you ideas guys. I will play around with the parallel port in the next few days. Also has anyone tried using a tri color led? I have a couple i will test out in a day or two

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by ivan300 on 06-27-2006 at 12:53 AM

here is a video of msn flash with a tri-color led

[Image: i530wkd8.jpg]

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-27-2006 at 02:12 PM

so...    any progress with that script to controll the LPT1 ?:P

just checking :P

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Lou on 06-27-2006 at 03:48 PM

I still don't get why it's called MSN Flash when it's not even for MSN, but for WLM. Besides, MSN is copyright:P

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by DarkRaider on 06-27-2006 at 04:50 PM

Can you make this script so that the Scroll-Lock LED on the keyboard blinks/flashes? :)
or send me some code how i can do that myself, cause i have no idea how to control them*-)

RE: RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Bmw1000c on 06-27-2006 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkRaider
Can you make this script so that the Scroll-Lock LED on the keyboard blinks/flashes? :)
or send me some code how i can do that myself, cause i have no idea how to control them*-)

yeah, caps lock or scroll lock would be gr8
RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-27-2006 at 05:05 PM

yes, that would be great,  but lets try to stay in the subject.. (how to control LPT1 pins through script)

if you want to you can start a new thread requesting how to make the scroll lock or caps lock leds blink...

otherwise lets stick to the LPT1 subject...:P

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Lou on 06-27-2006 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by novolo
yes, that would be great,  but lets try to stay in the subject.. (how to control LPT1 pins through script)

if you want to you can start a new thread requesting how to make the scroll lock or caps lock leds blink...

otherwise lets stick to the LPT1 subject...:P
Actually the point of the thread is to discuss the new MSN Flash. Not those ports.
RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-27-2006 at 05:21 PM

well since you are so picky about it...    this thread is about how to control the comm port pins through script,  so if you want to know about num lock or caps lock led controll  you should post a new thread as i said before...

and since this thread is about controlling port's pins through script,  i believe LPT1 fits better than num lock leds...:P

RE: RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Bmw1000c on 06-27-2006 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by novolo
and since this thread is about controlling port's pins through script,  i believe LPT1 fits better than num lock leds...:P

no it isn't.
u have to spend some money @ some leds and cables, and a lot of time to put everything OK.

num/scroll/caps lock are simplest.
RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by DarkRaider on 06-27-2006 at 05:33 PM

I only asked this here because these guys seem to know alot more about controlling hardware devices than i do..
And i've seen that this has been asked in the past.. so they know what i'm talking about ;)
also, if they can create it, a screen to set the LED's that have to flash might be usefull.. cause i understand it when people say that flashing the Num-Lock and Caps-Lock LED's might be annoying when they are typing something.. ;)
But if i have some code to access them, i think i can make this script myself :)

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-27-2006 at 05:34 PM

ok, sorry,   but if the creator of this thread,  and MSN flash    said he would be coding a script to controll LPT1 pins...  i think i'll stick to the pins theme here...  ok?
the idea in MSN flash is to controll the pins in a comm port so that f you connect a led to it, it would light,   it can be also used to turn on devices with relays,    (its all in this thread,  read it)
and the last message that ivan300 (creator of MSN flash) posted,  was that he was developing a script to control LPT1 port..:P so.......

EDIT:
darkraider..  its ok,  all im saying is that maybe its better to make a completely new thread,  more people would read it,  and if you post this here  the thread might change directions and never finish the LPT1 thing...  thats all,  this is not my thread so do whatever you want

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by DarkRaider on 06-27-2006 at 05:46 PM

ok, lets continue the Keyboard LED conversation here:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61770

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-27-2006 at 06:48 PM

hey ivan300 ,   any progress on that LPT1 script controller?

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Apola Silverstone on 06-27-2006 at 07:21 PM

i am using the script that is availible for download, but it is saying something is defective, and not starting
please help me, maybe you can walk me through how to set it up?

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Themuzz on 06-27-2006 at 09:01 PM

Hi, i've created a new thread for the script to control your lpt1 port...

check here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61809

Btw:
novolo, i'm not ivan300 :P i'm Themuzz

Greetz Themuzz ;)

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by novolo on 06-27-2006 at 10:11 PM

oopss,  sorry Themuzz,   seems i got some posts mixed!

thnx!

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by cyberdev on 06-28-2006 at 09:38 PM

hello, when i want to install the script i becom an error massage that the plugin have install seccesfull but can not start.
the debuger says:

Skript wird gestartet
Fehler: unbekannt.
       Zeile: 6. Code: -2147221230.
Skriptstart fehlgeschlagen
Skript wird gestartet
Skript wurde geladen und ist bereit
Aufgerufene Funktion: OnEvent_Initialize
Fehler: 'com' ist Null oder kein Objekt.
       Zeile: 12. Code: -2146823281.
Funktion OnEvent_Initialize meldete einen Fehler. Code: -2147352567

google translation:

Script is started 
Error: unknown.
         Line: 6. Code: -2147221230. 
Script start missed 
Script is started 
Script was loaded and is ready 
Called function: OnEvent_Initialize 
Error: “com” are zero or no object.
         Line: 12. Code: -2146823281. 
Function OnEvent_Initialize announced an error. Code: -2147352567

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by ivan300 on 06-29-2006 at 02:11 AM

Hmmm i dont think you have mscomm32.ocx

You will need MSCOMM32.OCX and it has to be registered, so copy it to C:\Windows\system32\
and then run regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMM32.OCX"

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by cyberdev on 06-29-2006 at 03:35 AM

MSCOMM32.OCX is in system 32 and its registred.
the msn flash plug in function. but the script not.
the program code from the keyboard led run

Edit:
now it runs.
after the installation of visual basic 6 it runs

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by DarkFox on 07-06-2006 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Apola Silverstone
i am using the script that is availible for download, but it is saying something is defective, and not starting
please help me, maybe you can walk me through how to set it up?

Ditto on that one

Also, i have a 5 volt LED so pin 1 & 2 gives a stronger light. will i have to make a change in the script if i want to use them instead?
RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by asfd64 on 07-09-2006 at 12:57 AM

I also had to install visual basic 6 to get the script to work. Is there an easier way that doesn't require visual basic 6?

I made a serial port LED and it works great, but is it possible to add some options like turn off the LED when the window is focused, and if the window isn't focused and a new msg comes in on an existing window to have it flash?

I don't know any programming so i'm just wondering if this is possibe.

Thanks

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by ivan300 on 07-18-2006 at 05:08 AM

any interest in something like this
Link to movie

its a scrolling message on the lpt port through a led matrix
anything can be shown fun if ur sitting far away on the comp

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by utenteprova on 04-22-2009 at 06:15 PM

Hi all!

Actually, I was trying to doing the extact inverse of the wonderful msn flash thing.

I will explain myself better: the result I want to accomplish is just the creation of a script that listens on the serial port, and if receives data it calls a script (maybe parametrized? let's see later...) that makes a simple message action.

I looked for an hint on the web, but I didn't found nothing.
Does someone got any useful resource to tell me, please?

I will be soooo grateful to everyone can help me :)

Bye,
Luca

RE: [Release] Msn Flash 1.1 by Jarrod on 04-25-2009 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ykz
but i havent got a led
I haven't got a comm port:P
[Image: mac-book-pro-ports.jpg]