Shoutbox

Why cant we copy,paste, or cut our display nick names in personal settings? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Why cant we copy,paste, or cut our display nick names in personal settings? (/showthread.php?tid=61528)

Why cant we copy,paste, or cut our display nick names in personal settings? by hello on 06-26-2006 at 09:10 AM

In the old messenger we can, but how come we cant do it in live?

what i mean, is when it shows " My display Name:" and it says please type the name others want to see"

is there a way to copy/paste/cut words to add into that box? because it seems im stuck with my old nick name i had with the old messenger, and i dont wanna delete it because ive used many colors to make it look nice etc

my personal message is the only thing i can copy, paste, and cut but i cant with my display name, any help?

RE: Why cant we copy,paste, or cut our display nick names in personal settings? by ddunk on 06-26-2006 at 09:11 AM

Select what you want to copy and press Ctrl+C. This will copy it.

Ctrl+V = Paste
Ctrl+X = Cut

This is a universal shortcut that should work in most programs.

RE: Why cant we copy,paste, or cut our display nick names in personal settings? by user27089 on 06-26-2006 at 09:12 AM

Can you not highlight it and use ctrl+c to copy?

Other shortcuts:

Ctrl+V to paste
Ctrl+X to cut.

RE: Why cant we copy,paste, or cut our display nick names in personal settings? by hello on 06-26-2006 at 09:24 AM

thank you ppl :D but its kinda harder now, because im used to doing it with my mouse lol