Shoutbox

[Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) (/showthread.php?tid=61548)

[Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by FineWolf on 06-26-2006 at 10:55 AM

NameCustomizer is a Messenger Plus! Live script that extends the name and personal message management options in Windows Messenger Live.

Features:

• Automatically or manually log old names and personal messages
  • Restore old names and personal messages (when logged)
  • Create and manage templates for your names and personal messages
Version 1.0.4 New Minor Update

This script is part of the scripting contest... Please support it by highly rating the script!

Download:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/22-NameCustomizer/

Screenshot:
[Image: namecustomizer_screenshot.png]
RE: [Release] NameCustomize by LxBlck on 06-26-2006 at 10:57 AM

OMG
That's super
Thanks, that is the thing which I've looking for

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomize by FineWolf on 06-26-2006 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LxBlck
OMG
That's super
Thanks, that is the thing which I've looking for

Glad you like it!
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Jeffers on 06-26-2006 at 12:49 PM

Nice one (Y)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by bigb88 on 06-26-2006 at 01:06 PM

damn nice

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by GroteSmurf on 06-26-2006 at 05:07 PM

Very nice :)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by MX-G on 06-26-2006 at 05:08 PM

nice :)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Thor on 06-26-2006 at 05:09 PM

Good script! (Y)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by jmccarroll on 06-26-2006 at 05:49 PM

This is a great script.  I'm loving the tags to help change your name quickly.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by whatever- on 06-26-2006 at 06:59 PM

I'm sorry but i don't really see how tags help... they'r so far "menu" away :P
seems easier to change the thing directly on the nick....or i'm missing something?
but i really like the name/psm history! very usefull!

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 06-26-2006 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whatever-
I'm sorry but i don't really see how tags help... they'r so far "menu" away :P
seems easier to change the thing directly on the nick....or i'm missing something?
but i really like the name/psm history! very usefull!

It's more for people that have a scheme for their names...

For exemple, mine is always (yes, with italics):

[ Andrew "FineWolf" Moore - X ]

Where X is a quote... So, the mask I use is:

[ %0 - [i ]%1[/i ] ]

I set the %0 to:

Andrew "FineWolf" Moore

and I set the %1 to a quote like:

Messenger Plus! Live Released Today, it is time to all update our messenger clients!

Which gives:

[ Andrew "FineWolf" Moore - Messenger Plus! Live Released Today, it is time to all update our messenger clients! ]

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by John Anderton on 06-26-2006 at 07:06 PM

I wanted something like this ... ill give it a try :)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by prashker on 06-26-2006 at 07:07 PM

very nice (y)

Interesting and useful :D

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by John Anderton on 06-26-2006 at 07:15 PM

isnt there a way to make the ctrl+k (colour) menu appear cause seriously i cba to select a custom colour in the IM window and copy paste it in the script config window :P

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 06-26-2006 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
isnt there a way to make the ctrl+k (colour) menu appear cause seriously i cba to select a custom colour in the IM window and copy paste it in the script config window :P

Scripting doesn't currently allow that.
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by John Anderton on 06-26-2006 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Scripting doesn't currently allow that.
I know ... i meant it should :P
It was a request that i should have made ages ago tho :P
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by whYeNQue on 06-26-2006 at 10:20 PM

nice script, works ok for me... i was wondering if it was possible to link the dp, name and psm together so that you can choose one selection and it loads up all 3 together like a set

like i have at the moment "Pac-Man" as name, "waka waka..." as psm and a pac-man eating the dots in my dp

i hope you understand the idea. it would be cool :D

thanks, let me know if it is possible :)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Karlita x_X on 06-26-2006 at 11:52 PM

i  like the name & psm history :P its very cool

quote:
It's more for people that have a scheme for their names...

For exemple, mine is always (yes, with italics):

[ Andrew "FineWolf" Moore - X ]

Where X is a quote... So, the mask I use is:

[ %0 - [i ]%1[/i ] ]

I set the %0 to:

Andrew "FineWolf" Moore

and I set the %1 to a quote like:

Messenger Plus! Live Released Today, it is time to all update our messenger clients!

Which gives:

[ Andrew "FineWolf" Moore - Messenger Plus! Live Released Today, it is time to all update our messenger clients! ]

I cant use it xD mi nickname usually has schemes, always is something like:
[Karla] ["here i write anything"]
RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 06-27-2006 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Karlita x_X

Then use as a mask [%0] [%1] and set %0 and %1 accordingly.
RE: RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Karlita x_X on 06-27-2006 at 02:24 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Karlita x_X

Then use as a mask [%0] [%1] and set %0 and %1 accordingly.

lol :P only that!... cool XD :lol:
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 06-27-2006 at 06:18 PM

I have posted an update to fix some bugs... See About dialog for a list of changes.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Xenopholis on 06-27-2006 at 06:43 PM

FineWolf,
I love this plugin, but it has a bad side effect.
I'm using greek characters to spell my name, and the NameCustomizer changes them into '?'-characters.
Is it possible to add support for foreign characters?

Thanks in advance,
Xenopholis

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 06-27-2006 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xenopholis
FineWolf,
I love this plugin, but it has a bad side effect.
I'm using greek characters to spell my name, and the NameCustomizer changes them into '?'-characters.
Is it possible to add support for foreign characters?

Thanks in advance,
Xenopholis

That's WScript's unicode support for you :S... I'll fix it in the next version. I'll have to Base64 encode every string, but whatever...
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Xenopholis on 06-27-2006 at 07:39 PM

If there is any -not to hard- way to do this, could you post how?
I'd love to do it myself, just give me a tutorial or whatever.
I mean, can it be that hard, I'm just using basic Arial characters for it.

Friendly Greetings,
Xenopholis

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 06-27-2006 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xenopholis
If there is any -not to hard- way to do this, could you post how?
I'd love to do it myself, just give me a tutorial or whatever.
I mean, can it be that hard, I'm just using basic Arial characters for it.

Friendly Greetings,
Xenopholis

It's rather hard... Tried to use Base64 but it didn't work well, had to create my own encoding scheme... Now it works, I sent the update to the scripts page, should appear within 24 hours.

And I don't want anyone to modify (or use) parts of my code.
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Xenopholis on 06-28-2006 at 05:04 AM

The version you've send me works on the Greek characters from the Arial font I am using.
It works just fine, thanks for making this edit.

Friendly Greetings,
Xenopholis

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by OutrageouS235 on 06-28-2006 at 07:46 AM

how can i use the script? i install but nothing happen?

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by Yetike on 06-28-2006 at 08:23 AM

In the conversation window click on the Plus! icon at somewhere the middle of the conversation window (between the 2 messageboxes)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 06-28-2006 at 01:53 PM

New version is released, everyone is recommended to update.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by jerone on 08-13-2006 at 01:29 PM

first of all, i love this script (Y)

but...:P

• in the 'restore previous...' window you can see the previous names, but words of the names that are longer then the field are not shown.
    somethings i have edited a character at the end of the sense. if there are more sense stored there, i can not tell which one is the correct. perhaps increase the field or a window when you hover above it.

• is it possible to NOT log the names of another script called: 'Swimming PSM'

• could it be possible to at a fast link below your name and psm to the 'restore previous...' window
i hope i made sence
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 08-13-2006 at 03:39 PM

I don't understand the flast link thing...

For the other scripts PSM, there is no way for me to detect from who the PSM comes from...

For the long names, hovering the name should show you a tooltip with the complete name written. I might had a field like the EDIT window with a preview.

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by jmccarroll on 08-25-2006 at 02:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jerone
first of all, i love this script (Y)

but...:P
  • in the 'restore previous...' window you can see the previous names, but words of the names that are longer then the field are not shown.
    somethings i have edited a character at the end of the sense. if there are more sense stored there, i can not tell which one is the correct. perhaps increase the field or a window when you hover above it.

Wondering if there has been any updates on this.  I was thinking if you could add a scrollbar, but the hover idea is great too.
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by verticalnfinity on 09-08-2006 at 11:56 PM

erm where does all the logged info go?my received files?

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 09-09-2006 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by verticalnfinity
erm where does all the logged info go?my received files?

In the "Restore Previous Name/PSM" window.
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 09-30-2006 at 07:57 PM

I have sent a improvement update to the script database. New version is 1.0.3 and should be available shortly...

See about box for changes.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer by FineWolf on 10-09-2006 at 07:31 PM

New version uploaded to script database. See first post for download link.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by rpk on 10-10-2006 at 11:59 PM

is there anyway to change the colour of your display name using the tags?

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by FineWolf on 10-11-2006 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rpk

[c=<colorcode>] [/c] ?
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by rpk on 10-11-2006 at 01:37 PM

Yup that works, cheers buudy, and nice script btw

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by Solar_custom on 10-13-2006 at 05:08 PM

Does your contacts need to have msgplus installed to see the effects of bold and italic?

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by FineWolf on 10-13-2006 at 06:04 PM

Yes, but they do not need to have this script installed.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by CookieRevised on 10-13-2006 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rpk

quote:
Originally posted by Solar_custom
Does your contacts need to have msgplus installed to see the effects of bold and italic?
The bolds, italics (aka: text formats) and colors are integrated into Plus!.

So yes, your contacts need Plus! to see them.

If you use BBCode for the formats and colors your contacts even need Plus!Live to see them as those codes are not compatible with Plus!3.

Plus!3 only knows the IRC style format and color codes.

In other words, you even do not need this script to color or format your nickname or messages as all that is already integrated into Plus!.

This was also a big misconception in previous version where people thought they needed to download a certain plugin which could add color to your nick. All the plugin did was using what was already in Plus!. The same goes for any other plugin or script which uses colors. It may (and often does) make selecting and using colors easier of course, but you don't need them per-say.

All you and your contacts need is Messenger Plus! (or Messenger Plus! Live if you use the BBCode style formats).

;)

To FineWolf: As for the purpose of your particular script: excellent ideas (y)
RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by FineWolf on 10-13-2006 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Solar_custom
The bolds, italics (aka: text formats) and colors are integrated into Plus!.

So yes, your contacts need Plus! to see them.

If you use BBCode for the formats and colors your contacts even need Plus!Live to see them as those codes are not compatible with Plus!3.

Plus!3 only knows the IRC style format and color codes.

In other words, you even do not need this script to color or format your nickname or messages as all that is already integrated into Plus!.

This was also a big misconception in previous version where people thought they needed to download a certain plugin which could add color to your nick. All the plugin did was using what was already in Plus!. The same goes for any other plugin or script which uses colors. It may make selecting and using colors easier of course, but you don't need them per-say.

All you and your contacts need is Messenger Plus! (or Messenger Plus! Live if you use the BBCode style formats).

;)

I never said you needed this script to do that... My plugin is a name management system, not a nick colorizer. If you only want to color your nicknames, this plugin is not for you.
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.3) by CookieRevised on 10-13-2006 at 10:14 PM

quote:
I never said you needed this script to do that...
I know, just as I never said this is the only or main function of this script.

The explaination I did was done in general, without specifying your particular script, to make it clear to them (and anybody who might read it) that colors are not plugin or script specific, as there is still a big misconception about that sometimes (as you can read from the questions).
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by FineWolf on 01-23-2007 at 05:42 AM

I'm about to work on a new version of the script. For people that are current using this script, are there any ideas for the new version?

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by zethicus on 03-15-2007 at 03:52 PM

quote:
I'm about to work on a new version of the script. For people that are current using this script, are there any ideas for the new version?

Yeah, color fading please!
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by Jorfapigo on 04-02-2007 at 04:52 AM

Yeah. An Easier-to-use tag system...i had problems with this version's.
And, speaking of tags, you can add some text format options, to make the tag function more reliable... for those who use schemes on their nicks (like me :P or FineWolf)

Oh, and thank you so much... now that I finally understand the tag function, this script is going to make my life a lot easier(Y)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by tmt64 on 05-12-2007 at 11:54 PM

Please make an option to disable the toasts. They're very annoying if I use a script that constantly changes my nick/psm (countdown).

Or please tell me how to do this manually by editing the script.

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by FineWolf on 05-12-2007 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tmt64
Please make an option to disable the toasts. They're very annoying if I use a script that constantly changes my nick/psm (countdown).

Simply disable automatic logging for the PSM in the configuration.
RE: RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by tmt64 on 05-13-2007 at 12:33 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tmt64

Simply disable automatic logging for the PSM in the configuration.

Sorry, but I still want to log them :D
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by FineWolf on 05-13-2007 at 12:34 AM

Then wait till the next version, I don't want anyone to fiddle away in my code.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by tmt64 on 05-13-2007 at 03:37 AM

meh I figured it out, promise I won't tell anyone tho XD

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by ravela on 05-17-2007 at 08:42 PM

Hey there!
Sorry if my question is stupid, but I'm trying to use the script with no success... Although in the preview-field my psm appears the way I want it, when I click "ok" my psm on messenger appears in plain text and with the codes instead... What am I doing wrong?

I'm using two codes (colour gradient and italics) for the whole psm, which also contains emoticons. I tried without the emoticons but that doesn't seem to be the problem... I'm typing [c= ...]%0[/c= ...], it seems to be correct and it does show properly in the preview, but... Please help! :)

RE: RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by FineWolf on 05-17-2007 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ravela
Hey there!
Sorry if my question is stupid, but I'm trying to use the script with no success... Although in the preview-field my psm appears the way I want it, when I click "ok" my psm on messenger appears in plain text and with the codes instead... What am I doing wrong?

I'm using two codes (colour gradient and italics) for the whole psm, which also contains emoticons. I tried without the emoticons but that doesn't seem to be the problem... I'm typing [c= ...]%0[/c= ...], it seems to be correct and it does show properly in the preview, but... Please help! :)

You will see the color codes in the contact list below your name but your PSM will appear fine to your contacts (add yourself to your list to see). This is a Messenger Plus! Live limitation.
RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by ravela on 05-17-2007 at 08:47 PM

Wow, you're fast! Thanks a lot!!! Cheers! :)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by Tantri on 05-18-2007 at 09:25 AM

Nice script,well done (y) .

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by warmth on 05-22-2007 at 11:35 PM

Mate I am using your script for first time... and I have noticed something that I denominate as a kind of bug... I have erase all my PSM, leaving it blank and you script logged it as a PSM change... so please tell me... why do you wanna restore a blank space??? ^o) I hope that you can fix that...

Note: and I advice you to fix the screenshot ;)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by DarkGhost on 05-22-2007 at 11:37 PM

THUMSSS UP (thumbs)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by warmth on 06-04-2007 at 12:05 AM

I have some suggestions!

1. Add emoticons to the preview of PSM and names.
2. Clickable toast... to go to the panel of changes.

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by BYQ on 09-28-2007 at 09:51 AM

I would suggest

3. add more than 9 template in .. 15 for ex.

:)

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by :No-Frost: on 02-27-2008 at 02:49 AM

So... It's a new version coming??

RE: [Release] NameCustomizer (NEW: VERSION 1.0.4) by warmth on 02-27-2008 at 03:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by :No-Frost:
So... It's a new version coming??
:( is the same I was asking to me... for a long time....