Shoutbox

Anyway of altering the names of my contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts (/showthread.php?tid=61609)

Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by redflux on 06-26-2006 at 05:46 PM

I would like to be able to prefix of suffix a contact name with the time of day where they are.  Any suggesions?

Thanks

RE: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by Chris4 on 06-26-2006 at 11:46 PM

It would be very useful, however how is the script going to connect to their computer to see what their local time is?

Ask them to type (!T) if they have Msg Plus! (Live) :P

RE: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by redflux on 06-27-2006 at 12:00 AM

very funny! :) 

But any kind of handle on the contact-name display label would be useful even if I have to store their time zones in a local file.

RE: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by CookieRevised on 06-27-2006 at 12:10 AM

Always search forums before posting a question. Almost every thinkable question has been posted before ;)

Timezone Script
Attaching timezone attributes to my chat list - A Suggestion

RE: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by redflux on 06-27-2006 at 01:17 AM

I don't want to get into a debate about calculatng timezones.  My question is simply this:-

Is there anyway that i can change the text which is displayed for a contact in my contact list using script in msgpls live version 4?   

(let me worry about what I put there, it might be times, it might be colour of their hair, it might be shoe size, it might be number of days since we last had sex) :P

Yes, one should always check to see if questions have been asked before. I did.
Thanks

RE: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by redflux on 06-29-2006 at 12:29 PM

apparently I blew it by getting shirty ... my bad.

Anyone used the memeory access objects?  Is there any documentation on the memory layout of messenger live?

- "...good afternoon, good evening and goodnight"

RE: RE: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by CookieRevised on 06-29-2006 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by redflux
I don't want to get into a debate about calculatng timezones.  My question is simply this:-

Is there anyway that i can change the text which is displayed for a contact in my contact list using script in msgpls live version 4?   

(let me worry about what I put there, it might be times, it might be colour of their hair, it might be shoe size, it might be number of days since we last had sex) :P
Which is also exactly what has been explained in the thread "Timezone Script" which I linked to.

quote:
** append a contacts timezone or the actual time in their location to the end of their name in the contact list.
=> This is not possible as you can not modify such things with a script. The best you could do is to create a nickname for the user and constantly update it. But this is a very lame-ass and bad way of doing it if you attempt to do this with a script.

As for a built in feature in Plus!Live, it is possible, but I also doubt something like this will be added.

PS: don't double post please

RE: Anyway of altering the names of my contacts by redflux on 06-29-2006 at 01:29 PM

Thanks,

A simple no would have sufficed.