Shoutbox

The logfile-system - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: The logfile-system (/showthread.php?tid=61621)

The logfile-system by Kian on 06-26-2006 at 06:35 PM

Anybody knows why Patchou created his own HTML-based logging-system when Messenger logs the file as XML and its simply juat a question of formatting these XML files?

Okay - it would make the encryption-thing impossible but is that the only reason why not using the existing logfiles?

// peter, danish translator

RE: The logfile-system by Patchou on 06-26-2006 at 07:39 PM

many many reasons, the first one that comes to my mind is recodring your custom emoticons, the pictures of the winks, etc.. also, not everythign is recorded in the xml files, the original formatting is lost, etc...

RE: The logfile-system by Kian on 06-26-2006 at 08:17 PM

Okay - I was aware of the emoticons but not that Messenger saved the XML without formatting...

But thanks though - anyway - while youre here: what happend to www.msgpluslive.dk? did you kill it?

// peter

RE: RE: The logfile-system by ZrednaZ on 06-26-2006 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kian
But thanks though - anyway - while youre here: what happend to www.msgpluslive.dk? did you kill it?

:P Guess there's no point in taking that site online as long as there's no translated webpage to show on it yet.. People may as well go straight to msgpluslive.net until that's done ;)
RE: The logfile-system by Kian on 06-26-2006 at 08:35 PM

it could just be a redirect to the .net-one as long as the .dk dosnt exists...

(Why does Patchou always wear that manga-picture? - its always the same girl...)
RE: RE: The logfile-system by Terry_K on 06-26-2006 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kian
it could just be a redirect to the .net-one as long as the .dk dosnt exists...
(Why does Patchou always wear that manga-picture? - its always the same girl...)

If he did that, he will be paying domain costs for no reasion.
RE: The logfile-system by ZrednaZ on 06-27-2006 at 12:22 AM

He's already bought a number of domains including the .dk... You'll notice that msgpluslive.dk returns a 403 (forbidden) and not a 404.

RE: RE: RE: The logfile-system by Kian on 06-27-2006 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Terry_K
If he did that, he will be paying domain costs for no reasion.

Well I am asking because Patchou asked one from every trans.-teams to do so. I bought the .dk so that Patchou could use and administrate it...