Shoutbox

Status changer - Quake - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Status changer - Quake (/showthread.php?tid=61674)

Status changer - Quake by zefaya on 06-26-2006 at 11:28 PM

Hi everybody, i would like know if it's possible to create a script who change my status when Quake4 is running?

RE: Status changer - Quake by cloudhunter on 06-26-2006 at 11:33 PM

Hmm... The only conceivable way I can see of doing it is monitering if the process is running (if it is even indeed possible) and then changing the script.

It's also a possibility that you could use the XFire API (if there is one...) and connect to it via script. Pure guesswork on my part though.

Cloudy

RE: Status changer - Quake by segosa on 06-26-2006 at 11:37 PM

Well as cloudhunter said the best way would probably be to have a timer and check the existence of the process (using Interop.Call and the Windows API, or creating a DLL) and changing status accordingly.

I don't know of a way that the script can be notified the moment Quake is started, though.

RE: Status changer - Quake by deAd on 06-27-2006 at 12:38 AM

It can't because JScript can't get events (grrrrrrrrrr) ... you'd have to do it on a timer. Isn't Quake full screen though? Messenger has an option to change your status to Busy automatically when fullscreen apps are open..

RE: Status changer - Quake by zefaya on 06-29-2006 at 01:01 AM

OK :( thanks lloks for addin so ^^

RE: Status changer - Quake by rob_botch on 06-29-2006 at 09:22 AM

Or you could do it completely differently and write a script that looks for keywords, such as !quake. It would then run Quake (/run <path> ) and change your status etc.

Hope that this helps

RE: Status changer - Quake by Mentality on 06-29-2006 at 10:08 AM

Leet Sig can monitor current forground apps - So a script similar to that should work but that would monitor all forground apps - so therefore they would all appear. - (Maybe it can be scripted to only show the one that your requesting)

Some people might like that I spose.

Is this possible? I don't know.

(If you look at my second Sig at the top it reads -"Current Foreground App - " Thats what I'm talking about)