Shoutbox

What features are missing in Plus! Live? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: What features are missing in Plus! Live? (/showthread.php?tid=61686)

What features are missing in Plus! Live? by riahc4 on 06-27-2006 at 01:42 AM

Well the good news is that the features that are missing (which will be put in a later release/update) are unnoticable to be.

The bad news is they are to some. Could someone list the features currently missing and "Coming soon..." to Messenger Plus! Live ?

Got one already: Quick Icons (Pressing "(" brings down a menu and show all the icons) is missing.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Mr. Bougo on 06-27-2006 at 04:43 PM

Shedule !

And the old QuickText from MP!3 !

And /insult, omg I miss it so much %)

Edit: oh, and I forgot about the /me format customizing!

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by GrimReapersSon on 06-27-2006 at 04:58 PM

The one that sticks the msn to the side of yer screen.. if ya know what i mean.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by matty on 06-27-2006 at 05:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
EDIT: Now up to date with build 230.

I created this list yesterday while I was testing and comparing it to 3.62 that ran in a VM. I don't have a real purpose for this list. I know Patchou is still working on adding various of these features to MP!L. And some old features may not come back at all (either because they became useless or because of other reasons).

Please do not post in this thread like "I want the X feature back", "Will X feature be back?" or "I used to like X feature a lot".... I posted this list only for reference. If you find another thing that was in 3.6x but you couldn't find it back in this list or the current MP!L features you can post a reply.

*** PARITALLY INERGRATED ***
** Features that don't have all the things that it had in 3.6x (yet). This doesn't have to mean these features are incomplete... Some things that are missing have become useless in WLM. I don't expect all these things will come back.
- Contact List Clean-Up
  * Missing "View Profile" button
  * Missing "Send e-mail" button
- Contact on Desktop
  * Rightclick on nick > Messenger Plus! extras > Display on Desktop... doesn't let you choose location like old version did
  * "Copy E-mail to clipboard" missing
- Boss Protection
  * No more multiple presets
- About box
  * No Hyperlinks or buttons (obviously just not finished yet :p)
- Contactlist Plus! menu
  * "Online Help" button (in Plus! menu on contactlist)
- Contactlist Quickmenu
  * Missing "Show the Event Log Window"
  * Missing "Open the Sound Library"
- Conversation Window Plus! Menu
  * Missing "Disable Personalised Status"
- Tabbed Chats
  * Missing "Auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"
  * Group/Ungroup keys don't work (F7 and F8 if I recall correct)
- Personalised Status
  * Auto-responder message formatting
  * Shorten my name when I use a status tag
  * status presets keyboard shortcuts
  * other status then away or busy in presets
- /ping
  * "Respond to ping? requests" on/off
- Quick Texts
  * Missing "shortcut sends the text"
- Word Filtering - ??? Replace by new style quick texts ??????
  * Not able to filter messages you receive
  * Not able to filter contact names

*** MISSING FEATURES ***
** Features I didn't have seen come back in MP!L at all (yet). I know that doesn't mean the won't come back in MP!L at all (v4.00 or v4.10, or maybe even later.
- Task Scheduler
- Enable/Disable "Allow Plus! to send anonymous stats..."
- Automatically change status after period of inactivity
- Contact List Docking
- Truncate Nicknames
- /clear
- Quick Icons
- Triggers (File Sharing)

*** FEATURES THAT MIGHT/WILL NOT COME BACK ***
** These are features that won't come back at all. That means not in 4.00, not in 4.10 and not later. The are probably more features than is listed below that won't come back, but I only put those on the list that are 100% confirmed by Patchou. If you know another features that wn't come back and Patchou confirmed this, please reply to this topic so I can update the list. Link to the topic where Patcou confirms if you can.
- Plugins (completely replaced by scripts)
- Comeback Messages (became useless because you can now use offline messaging)
- Custom Names (WLM has it's own rename, altough it's less features)

This was from one of the beta builds. There weren't any new features added at that point so it should be up to date. You dont see this information because it was posted in our Beta Testing forum.
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ramik on 06-27-2006 at 06:43 PM

There will be no "Task Scheduler" with MP!L ? i really loved it and used it a lot..... change status on specific hours, notify on specific hours...
can it be made with scripts?

maybe the anonymous status showed that it was not used much, and that's why you removed it...

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Marky on 06-27-2006 at 07:50 PM

The ability to set notifications on groups (instead of individual users) has gone too. This was a really handy feature.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by R2-D2 on 06-27-2006 at 11:59 PM

Quick emoticons panel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notifications on groups would be nice!

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Antwan on 06-28-2006 at 12:25 AM

I have a sugesstion : I might be good to add a feature to block chosen smileys. Sometimes, peoples uses annoying smileys to remplace letters, and what they say can't be read anymore.

The probleme is if I disable smileys in messenger, i won't see them from other contacts...

"Rightclick > Block This smileys " would be great ;)

More over, a "signout" button near plus! logo in the contact list might be cool to.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ramik on 06-28-2006 at 05:17 AM

I agree with Antwan on both things, block specific smilies and signout buttons will be wonderful

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Mr. Bougo on 06-28-2006 at 05:23 AM

With the MessPatch you can add a signout button in the contact list, i don't know where (never tested it...)

/yeahright has disappeared too (but thats not a problem for me, i recoded it)

And /insult too, but i think 'ill stop missing it soon :p

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Riverfox on 06-28-2006 at 05:55 AM

I do need the schedule back.....I'll miss my appointments without it. Will it be back?

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Iain on 06-28-2006 at 08:24 AM

The ability to right clck a group and block/unblock them all.

That was good... or is there a new way of doing this that I've missed?

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ehbk2006 on 06-28-2006 at 06:19 PM

In version 3.XXX you can choose how long your custom sound list needs to be (10 sounds, 20 sounds, 30 sounds in row).

I would like to see that back in version 4.X.  Makes my sound list a lot well-organized. [Image: headphones.gif]

RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by bugmenot on 06-28-2006 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bougo
With the MessPatch you can add a signout button in the contact list, i don't know where (never tested it...)

Indeed the logout button is right next to to the right of) the msg plus button (at least with the group of patches I used).
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by NBNP on 06-29-2006 at 03:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ehbk2006
In version 3.XXX you can choose how long your custom sound list needs to be (10 sounds, 20 sounds, 30 sounds in row).

I would like to see that back in version 4.X.  Makes my sound list a lot well-organized. [Image: headphones.gif]

Agree this feature needs to come back as the current size is to small.
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by superjugy on 06-29-2006 at 04:47 AM

i have a question. does Stuff plug Plug inn has to do something especial to use the script? i mean to recode or something, since The Blasphemer is supposed to be finishing it. and since there are no more plug ins, i dont know how is it going to work.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Mr. Bougo on 06-29-2006 at 07:21 AM

It won't be a script or a plugin for MSG+ but an addon for WLM

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by NBNP on 06-29-2006 at 09:38 AM

As long as it has bigger display pics and emoticons AND opens hotmail in my DEFAULT browser then i dont care how it works. As long as it works lol

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Mentality on 06-29-2006 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GrimReapersSon

Dock Messenger - or Auto Dock

quote:
Originally posted by Antwan
"Rightclick > Block This smileys " would be great

That's a great Idea - but might be difficult since the smiles appear by a certain text - to block the smilie might mean to block the text there for you would still struggle to read what people are saying because you wouldnt be able to see it.

Again it might be possible to just block the image - but I don't know how you would ever do that.
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by :No-Frost: on 06-29-2006 at 03:00 PM

quick emoticons panel and I think it have to be improved the event notification feature... For some reason is not working on my machine...

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Morpheous416 on 06-29-2006 at 07:17 PM

Yeah, there some of the funner features not here yet, but the UI is very clean, very user friendly.

Well done!!  I like it.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by :No-Frost: on 06-30-2006 at 03:48 AM

another feature that I love to see added is something to allow the use of the designed web browser...

I use opera, and I hate that some links get opened in explorer... damn:P

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by heyitsme on 06-30-2006 at 04:45 AM

MsgPlus Logs --> MsgPlus Live Logs Converter
I have been using Messenger Plus for years, and I love the new chat logs, however, I am very, very disappointed that all of my legacy chat logs were forgotten about. These logs were created using the Messenger Plus logging functions and Patchou ought to make a converter to bring them up to the new XML specification with some quick options like removing the truncating to a specific line length so that they are readable in the new HTML format. Or, at the very least an addon script to convert them to the new specification so that my years of chat logs aren't left in the dark by the new logs viewer. Also, what happened to the options to auto archive the logs? The new logging options have no options for archiving or naming conventions. And the naming conventions in the new MsgPlus Live are ambiguous compared to the older ones in MsgPlus 3.x.

Thank you for hearing my suggestions.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by 19nazzy on 07-01-2006 at 12:01 AM

Word Filtering.

Would appreciate this one in the next version if possible.

RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by goku262002 on 07-01-2006 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by heyitsme
MsgPlus Logs --> MsgPlus Live Logs Converter
I have been using Messenger Plus for years, and I love the new chat logs, however, I am very, very disappointed that all of my legacy chat logs were forgotten about. These logs were created using the Messenger Plus logging functions and Patchou ought to make a converter to bring them up to the new XML specification with some quick options like removing the truncating to a specific line length so that they are readable in the new HTML format. Or, at the very least an addon script to convert them to the new specification so that my years of chat logs aren't left in the dark by the new logs viewer. Also, what happened to the options to auto archive the logs? The new logging options have no options for archiving or naming conventions. And the naming conventions in the new MsgPlus Live are ambiguous compared to the older ones in MsgPlus 3.x.

Thank you for hearing my suggestions.

Hmm funny i was able to keep my old Msgplus logs but i kept mine in a old chat logs folder and when i switched over to msgpluslive it defaulted to the my docs. chat log folder and started there. did your logs get erased

when i edit the contacts and use the nickname feature  it has a character limit in the old msgplus there was no limit bring this back in its full!
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 09:05 PM

I don't think that will come, but the dock feature would be highly recommended. :)

RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by goku262002 on 07-01-2006 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
I don't think that will come, but the dock feature would be highly recommended. :)

who you talking to? me? and whats the dock feature?
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 09:17 PM

The dock feature was that if u just drag your windows into the side of your screen, if would fit perfectly.
I'm not sure who I was talking to... :S
I think I meant the smiley stuff, that Mentality posted at this page.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by superjugy on 07-05-2006 at 06:18 PM

Can someone sticky this? this should be an official feature suggestion or somewhat.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by riahc4 on 07-06-2006 at 12:01 AM

I would also like (even tho this isnt a "Feature suggestions" thread) that auto-complete of emoticions is turned off/blocked.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by standout on 07-06-2006 at 07:09 AM

Hi,
Not that it's needed but I'd like to add my I really miss the '(' for the emoticons...
there was also a function, I think, to sort nics by email that left the display names of contacts available to see... I really miss that.. over the years of using Plus my list was a constant... can't stand not having it that way... yet like the amusing nics my friends come up with...

just my 2 cents

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by *Nena* on 07-06-2006 at 09:02 PM

1- "Block or unblock an entire group" feature: doing it one by one is REALLY annoying!!
2- Quick emoticon panel.
3- Disable personalized status feature.
4- Auto-message formatting.

The first 3 features are the most missed, wanted and useful.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by netnet on 07-07-2006 at 07:08 PM

Locking of MSN Messenger

Currently, the locking procedure will lock the entire MSN Messenger.  I'm suggesting that a lock will be provided to change the preference only, and not to lock the entire MSN Messenger

Thank you.

RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Poom on 07-08-2006 at 01:13 PM

quote:
​Originally posted by netnet
Locking of MSN Messenger

Currently, the locking procedure will lock the entire MSN Messenger.  I'm suggesting that a lock will be provided to change the preference only, and not to lock the entire MSN Messenger

Thank you.

You can do this in Plus! Preferences>General>Main>Password for preferences. ;)
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by cybercafepro on 07-11-2006 at 07:50 PM

Holy!  Every important feature I needed was removed.  Does anyone know how to do a roll back easily, or is it just a matter of uninstalling LIVE and MSG Plus and then reinstalling?

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cybercafepro
Holy!  Every important feature I needed was removed.  Does anyone know how to do a roll back easily, or is it just a matter of uninstalling LIVE and MSG Plus and then reinstalling?
If I understand what you mean.

To get back to 3.xxx
Uninstall WLM
Uninstall MP!L
Install MSN 7.5
Install MP! 3.xxx

:) Then you're back at 3.xxx

But, in a while, there will be a new build of MP!L which will contain more of the features that weren't in the current build. :)
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by cybercafepro on 07-11-2006 at 08:29 PM

any idea when that is... this has really made a mess for me.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 08:53 PM

hehe... I don't have the MSN 7.5 download link on my hand, but maybe Microsoft got it in their download centre. Take a search
MP! 3.xxx is found at http://www.msgplus.net :)

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by cybercafepro on 07-11-2006 at 08:59 PM

Thanks.  I appreciate the answer.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by crana on 07-11-2006 at 09:29 PM

Group blocking.  It would save me loooooooads of time :)

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by cybercafepro on 07-11-2006 at 09:31 PM

Me too!  I have rolled back now and will return if that feature and the renaming feature is added.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by CookieRevised on 07-11-2006 at 11:49 PM

The group blocking is removed because of a bug in Windows Live Messenger itself. Until MS fixes that bug, it is very doubtful the group blocking will return. Unless Patchou finds a workaround, but last time he spoke of the group blocking he said he had to remove it because of it.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by find_your_spot on 07-15-2006 at 12:23 PM

I'm missing:

- The Quick Emoticons that when you typed:  (   it showed up all your emoticons.
- /insult

- And at last the /strek \V/
When you typed that, it showed some man that sayd something. I really miss those 3 things.

Does Patchou knows if there coming someday back?

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by carajillo_dwsq on 07-15-2006 at 08:32 PM

I miss to change the color of my contacts'nick, the chance to choose a sound for them when they starts session, make nicks shorter on the conversations and all the things anybody have said before, specially what is about quick emoticons writing (

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Thor on 07-15-2006 at 08:35 PM

Quick emoticons is coming in 4.01 (will be released today, well, for Patchou's time).

You can color your contacts nick, just right-click, select "Add a nickname" and use bb codes to color your contact. :)

The shorter nick feature, I haven't heard anything about it coming in 4.01. But, I don't know.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by find_your_spot on 07-16-2006 at 11:25 AM

[Image: kkpeccewppmk-plus3.jpg]

Is this function new? Or was it allready in the 4.0 version?

I saw this screenshot on a website and it sayd: That emoticons help window will be new in the 4.1 version.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Stef on 07-16-2006 at 12:08 PM

it can be a script or so :p

what is /insult? O.o

i can't wait, what features are included in the new version :D

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by lukeamott on 07-17-2006 at 07:03 AM

i'd like to see the backup\restore preferances thingy back coz then i can reimport all my personalized statuses back without having to redo them.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by PKPN on 07-17-2006 at 12:31 PM

This might already have been noticed earlier in this thread but as of now I don't have the time to look it all through.

I am missing some features in the Plus! Live such as the Personal Status hotkeys to change your status just by pushing a defined hotkey.

Furthermore I am missing the hotkeys to push when you want to display a quick message.

I installed Plus! Live with much joy the first time but quickly I degraded my messenger and plus extension to the latest one before Live as there was no hotkeys added. That makes me sad.

I hope to see those features added soon.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by mark_roeling on 07-17-2006 at 06:14 PM

/msg and /invite with contact nick dropdown instead of emailaddresses

(already mentioned in another thread, but added here for completing the overview (h) )

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by CookieRevised on 07-17-2006 at 06:51 PM

@carajillo_dwsq: you can already color your nicks and you can already make sound notifications
@find_your_spot: the quick icon panels are new in 4.01.240 as you can read in the change log.
@find_your_spot: the eastereggs are different for each version. Eastereggs also have no functionality, hence they might be removed (and replaced by others) in updates.
@Stef: the /insult easteregg provides you with a small "insulting" game based upon the sword-fights of the adventure game The Secret of Monkey Island. It was available in Plus!3.
@Stef: what's new? Download and find out or read the change log.
@lukeamott: that is already included.
@PKPN: both those features are already available
etc...

I hate to be the party pooper, but people, please look around the preferences of Messenger Plus! before making requests for stuff which is already there or already talked about when it will be included...

Or at least read this thread (I know it is long, but if everybody keeps posting stuff which is either already available and/or already known when it will be included, this thread would become totally useless and be pruned. Aka: it is long because no-one bothers to read anything, so this might as well be pruned too)...

Even simply reading the change log might help too...

;)

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Stigmata on 07-17-2006 at 07:00 PM

/exit  is missing

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by paulcstevens on 07-17-2006 at 08:25 PM

the quick texts....

in previous versions they changed preset texts when alone

ie. if y = why

then

'y are you here' would turn to 'why are you here'

but in 4.0

'y are you here' turns to 'why are whyou here'

just saying.. i like the old way better

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by CookieRevised on 07-17-2006 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paulcstevens
in previous versions they changed preset texts when alone.
ie. if y = why
then
'y are you here' would turn to 'why are you here'
but in 4.0
'y are you here' turns to 'why are whyou here'

just saying.. i like the old way better
Hoover over the textbox and you'll see the tooltip which explains how you can filter on whole words only:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=696612]

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by fitterashes on 07-17-2006 at 09:01 PM

Well, we can't block a whole group anymore (very usefull when you use msn at home & at work).

I hope this feature will be back soon. thanks
;)

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by CookieRevised on 07-17-2006 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fitterashes
Well, we can't block a whole group anymore. I hope this feature will be back soon.
Hi and welcome, but please read this thread (or any thread for that matter) before posting...

CookieRevised's reply to "What features are missing in Plus! Live? (Why group blocking is not included)"
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by FabUK on 07-18-2006 at 06:53 PM

Hi,
I'd like to be able to manage my groups by hierarchy instead of a single list.

Basically, I would have two (or more) root groups (home and office) and then several others whitin each.

This would be a neat to prepare the RETURN of the very famous Group Blocking feature ;-) if you see what I mean... (if not just ask).

Thanks.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by user13774 on 08-24-2006 at 05:39 PM

I just discovered another feature that is missing.

It's no longer possible to keep the Quick Emoticon Panel open by holding Ctrl. With Msgplus! 3 you could keep the panel open so you could add multiple emoticons at once, without having to reopen the emo panel.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by runawaydick on 08-26-2006 at 11:17 PM

There is one thing that I can think of that would be a good feature - how about a shortcut key for "sign out"?? You used to be able to do it using boss protection but now you can't - it keeps you signed in. It would just be a simple combination like Ctrl+Shift+Space that would sign you out automatically - instead of having to go to the main messenger screen then file then sign out. Just a suggestion! :o

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ddunk on 08-26-2006 at 11:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by runawaydick
There is one thing that I can think of that would be a good feature - how about a shortcut key for "sign out"?? You used to be able to do it using boss protection but now you can't - it keeps you signed in. It would just be a simple combination like Ctrl+Shift+Space that would sign out out automatically - instead of having to go to the main messenger screen then file then sign out. Just a suggestion! ;)
You can set up a quick text to have a hotkey like Ctrl+1 and then have it send the text "/signout" to the chat window.
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by runawaydick on 08-26-2006 at 11:26 PM

Oh thanks mate! Ive been trying for ages... Can you set it so it can be something else other than the shortcut keys in the dialogue box?? For example Ctrl + Shift + Space like i used to have lol

RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Dennis_86 on 09-05-2006 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Iain
The ability to right clck a group and block/unblock them all.

That was good... or is there a new way of doing this that I've missed?

I would really like to get that back to. :)

Thx for a great software. Its the first thing that goes in after messenger install
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by haydos on 09-05-2006 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis_86
I would really like to get that back to. :)

Thx for a great software. Its the first thing that goes in after messenger install
Unfortunately the option to block a group is still not available. We can keep hoping...
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by boston on 09-05-2006 at 07:37 PM

the /clear is never coming back now coding issues

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Keikonium on 09-06-2006 at 05:31 AM

I'm real tired, so I have not read through the entire thread, but here are the things I miss or things that should be added...

- The right click > block all contacts in group feature talked about above.

- Get rid of the "My Sharing Folders" [seperately] in my documents and my computer.

- Background image or gradient background for desktop contacts.

- Fix status icons for desktop contacts so they reflect the actual status (mainly when the contact is offline and blocked it shows them as online but blocked).

- Add more "sign in as --email---" links to the right click menu of the taskbar icon.

- Add/Remove any and all links that may appear in the status bar drop down menus. Also the option to move links from a category to another one, and add categories (like how Plus! has added a Plus! category).

Thats all for now...

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by SaintsKnight on 09-06-2006 at 12:45 PM

About emotion sounds

missing recent sounds ( why they took it out ? )

My request

Number of sounds to display in sound panel   option 10 , 20

i want 40. 10 and 20 are too small list.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by riahc4 on 09-12-2006 at 04:39 PM

More features are missing than I orginally thought...

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by tom_taetz20 on 09-15-2006 at 03:16 AM

one thing that really pisses me off is the fact that you cannot name your contatcs like the old plus...like 3.6....u can give them knicknames in the live msgplus...but u cant keep the original name like the old pluses....is there anything u can do about that or has there been anything done?

i actually havent gone to live msn because the plus doesnt have the naming feature like the old plus..one MAJOR thing missing..please fix:):)

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by haydos on 09-15-2006 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
the /clear is never coming back now coding issues
I don't recall patchou saying it's "never" coming back, although there have been problems with getting it implemented. Don't give up though.

quote:
Originally posted by tom_taetz20
one thing that really pisses me off is the fact that you cannot name your contatcs like the old plus...like 3.6....u can give them knicknames in the live msgplus...but u cant keep the original name like the old pluses....is there anything u can do about that or has there been anything done?
Well Plus! Live doesn't have nicknames anymore for the main reason that Windows Live Messenger has introduced nicknames. You can rename your contacts with Windows Live Messenger by right clicking their name in the contact list and going to 'rename contact'. Yes, it doesn't extend as far as what Messenger Plus! used to do, but it's better than nothing. :)

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by tom_taetz20 on 09-15-2006 at 08:47 PM

can you make plus do it though? cuz its a hell of a lot better when u can see the original name along with the name you have given the contact..its alot easier to find out some ones screen name

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by _Humphreys on 09-15-2006 at 09:16 PM

The docking feature for the Windows Live Contact list is missing, this is the feature I miss the most however, I have heard that it is coming back in a later release.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by cloudhunter on 09-16-2006 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
The docking feature for the Windows Live Contact list is missing, this is the feature I miss the most however, I have heard that it is coming back in a later release.

Try Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer

:)
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by lrac522 on 09-16-2006 at 02:49 AM

quote:
EDIT: Now up to date with build 230.

*** PARITALLY INERGRATED ***
** Features that don't have all the things that it had in 3.6x (yet). This doesn't have to mean these features are incomplete... Some things that are missing have become useless in WLM. I don't expect all these things will come back.
- Contact List Clean-Up
  * Missing "View Profile" button
  * Missing "Send e-mail" button
- Contact on Desktop
  * Rightclick on nick > Messenger Plus! extras > Display on Desktop... doesn't let you choose location like old version did
  * "Copy E-mail to clipboard" missing
- Boss Protection
  * No more multiple presets
- About box
  * No Hyperlinks or buttons (obviously just not finished yet :p)
- Contactlist Plus! menu
  * "Online Help" button (in Plus! menu on contactlist)
- Contactlist Quickmenu
  * Missing "Show the Event Log Window"
  * Missing "Open the Sound Library"
- Conversation Window Plus! Menu
  * Missing "Disable Personalised Status"
- Tabbed Chats
  * Missing "Auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"
  * Group/Ungroup keys don't work (F7 and F8 if I recall correct)
- Personalised Status
  * Auto-responder message formatting
  * status presets keyboard shortcuts
  * other status then away or busy in presets
- /ping
  * "Respond to ping? requests" on/off
- Quick Texts
  * Missing "shortcut sends the text"
- Word Filtering - ??? Replace by new style quick texts ??????
  * Not able to filter messages you receive
  * Not able to filter contact names

The feature highlighted red is the one I miss so much. I hate each time I want to do this I have to go to preferences. Most times I can't bother so I just leave it as is.8o|

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by anty on 09-16-2006 at 04:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GrimReapersSon

"docking" ;)

quote:
[i]

that and the schedule are the features I miss the most .... :(
ppl never see your status tag cuz its at the end of a very long nick with quotes and stuff xD

oh! and blocking/unblocking groups ...
but I found a script much more useful for that purpose :P

(I usually did that when i only wanted to chat with my boyfriend, but there's a script that can block everyone and automatically unblock the contact who's conversation window u opened :P)
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by CookieRevised on 09-16-2006 at 11:04 PM

[off topic]

quote:
Originally posted by anty
(I usually did that when i only wanted to chat with my boyfriend, but there's a script that can block everyone and automatically unblock the contact who's conversation window u opened (Smilie))
instead of flooding the servers with blocks and unblocks, why don't you simply set your status to appear offline. In that way all your contacts will see exactly the same (that you're offline), and you still can chat with your boyfriend... ;)
[/off topic]
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by cloudhunter on 09-16-2006 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
[off topic]instead of flooding the servers with blocks and unblocks, why don't you simply set your status to appear offline. In that way all your contacts will see exactly the same (that you're offline), and you still can chat with your boyfriend... ;)
[/off topic]

Well the main reason I think is that if you are on appear offline, you can't send and receive web cam.
[/off topic]
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by riahc4 on 09-19-2006 at 01:35 AM

True, you cant do anything expect "Chat" when you appear offline. They must implant it to have full 100% Yahoo! Messenger compatibility.

I am also one who was found of "/clear"

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by 125KTM on 09-19-2006 at 09:30 PM

When can we expect to see the changes? Sorry if this has already been discussed :$

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by riahc4 on 09-30-2006 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 125KTM
When can we expect to see the changes? Sorry if this has already been discussed :$
When and if Patchou can.
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by tom_taetz20 on 09-30-2006 at 05:58 PM

NAME CHANGING!! PLEASE ADD THAT TO PLUS!!!!i dont like the messenger knicknaming because u cannot see their screen name as well...patchou has to add their naming feature to live plus.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by riahc4 on 10-02-2006 at 11:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tom_taetz20
NAME CHANGING!! PLEASE ADD THAT TO PLUS!!!!i dont like the messenger knicknaming because u cannot see their screen name as well...patchou has to add their naming feature to live plus.
Patchou said that this feature was not coming back BUT because of so much requests for it that he may consider it.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by tom_taetz20 on 10-03-2006 at 01:21 AM

it better come back or im gunna kick some patchou ass.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Intruder on 10-18-2006 at 12:33 AM

Is it possible to change how to open the chat logs? I want them to open in Notepad like before instead of Messenger Plus! Live Log Viewer. IMO, that's stupid. Please fix that! By the way, I am using good ol' plain text chat logging.

Also, I've noticed that for a while there hasn't been an option to hide the advertisement bar on the bottom of the Messenger window. Why?

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by tom_taetz20 on 10-18-2006 at 12:35 AM

is it going to come back cuz if so i will be checking the new plus updates and move to windows live messenger...but im not going to if its not comming back, cuz i need the custom names, with the screen names afterwards.

RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ~*McoreD*~ on 08-23-2007 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ramik
There will be no "Task Scheduler" with MP!L ? i really loved it and used it a lot..... change status on specific hours, notify on specific hours...

maybe the anonymous status showed that it was not used much, and that's why you removed it...

This is exactly what I was looking for. Is this already being developed in a script? TIA. :)
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by toddy on 08-24-2007 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Intruder
Also, I've noticed that for a while there hasn't been an option to hide the advertisement bar on the bottom of the Messenger window. Why?
because like all companies, they need to make money. so its either have a small advert at the bottom of your contact list, or pay to use messenger. i'm pretty sure most people would pick seeing an advert over paying
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by felix_nukem on 08-29-2007 at 09:34 AM

I would like to see "log merging" feature. I hold chat logs on two different locations. For example, one at home, other at work. The scenario is taking logs from work to home and merge them with logs @ home. Merging module should work as follows:

- User clicks "import" from somewhere inside log viewer.
- Log viewer asks which file(s) to merge (multi-selectable).
- It then stops (pauses) any incoming/outgoing transmission now. (Caches data somewhere else other than log files)
- It extracts each file (decrypts) temporarily (can be in-memory, or a temp file) and asks for password if needs one.
- It also extracts user's current logs in the same way.
- It then merges all data and re-sorts them (order by date, user name/mail or whatever).
- Next, it appends latest temporary user-log in the same way.
- Finally, log viewer encrypts according to the settings at log encryption tab and writes the file.
- Then, it starts logging again...

This might not be the best and fastest way, but you got the idea. Since I assume most of the modules necessary (encrypt/decrypt/etc..) are already inside your code, only merging/sorting algorithm should be implemented.
Thanks for this great plug-in anyway, I use it a lot.

RE: RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ahmetgns on 09-02-2007 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~*McoreD*~
quote:
Originally posted by ramik

This is exactly what I was looking for. Is this already being developed in a script? TIA. :)

Reminder+ by Ameba
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Dragunov on 09-03-2007 at 03:50 PM

- Better support when chatting with tabs, I really want to see how it was in the past, when minimized, see who sends a message, maybe with an option to enable/disable this :)

- Maybe support to record movies or take pics from cams

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Oxy on 09-03-2007 at 04:45 PM

Along with the tabs subject, maybe "drag and drop" to change the order or even to create a seperate window?

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by vaccination on 09-03-2007 at 06:34 PM

I haven't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been suggested but what I'd like is to have it so when I copy a bunch of text from a chatlog it copies the emotions too.(like when you copy from conversation to conversation)

I guess to do this you'd have to save each image with a text value or something, that is copied when the image is copied. Which is how I think the convo to convo works.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by motaro84 on 09-24-2007 at 04:43 PM

I haven't read the entire thread too, but I think, whether it has been told or not, that "repetita juvant".

The feature ***BLOCK GROUP***(every contact in a group could be blocked with a simple click) is missing. That was a really useful feature indeed, sure more useful than other "bling bling" faggish features. Often these patches&plugins are packed with pointless things (such as weird colour settings and so on). So: Why did they remove it? And above all why haven't they yet fixed it back?!

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Matti on 09-24-2007 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by motaro84
The feature ***BLOCK GROUP***(every contact in a group could be blocked with a simple click) is missing. That was a really useful feature indeed, sure more useful than other "bling bling" faggish features. Often these patches&plugins are packed with pointless things (such as weird colour settings and so on). So: Why did they remove it? And above all why haven't they yet fixed it back?!
This is because group support is really poor in Messenger. Patchou already mentioned this several times, but at the moment it seems to be very difficult to do this properly.

However, an upcoming version of StuffPlug 3 will have such feature, as mentioned here. As an official tester/translator I can't leak specific information about this feature, and I also don't know how long it'll take until the new version faces the public, the only things I can tell are in that post on the SP3 forums.
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Nehemoth on 05-28-2008 at 02:31 PM

End to End Encryption.

MSG Plus is the only plugin that so many people use it which actually can help the dissemination for encryption, nobody knows as before after msg plus integrate this feature, the guys of Microsoft may integrate the feature in messenger itself

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ishan001 on 06-04-2008 at 08:49 PM

I just wanted to request a feature in messenger plus. Many times the msn client crashes or hangs. Sometimes the computer shuts down randomly. Because of this reason, we lose all open conversation messages and unread messages. We should have a option whereby if messenger shuts down randomly, the last open conversations and unread messages can be saved. this would be very useful!

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ahmetgns on 06-04-2008 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ishan001
I just wanted to request a feature in messenger plus. Many times the msn client crashes or hangs. Sometimes the computer shuts down randomly. Because of this reason, we lose all open conversation messages and unread messages. We should have a option whereby if messenger shuts down randomly, the last open conversations and unread messages can be saved. this would be very useful!
Turn on Messenger Plus!'s chat logging feature. It is different than Messenger's default chat logging option and in contrast to Messenger's one, it logs the chat very frequently and even if the Messenger shuts down, you will probably save all your messages, maybe except the very recent line. But you have to remember which convos were open before crash to continue chatting with them.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by prashker on 06-04-2008 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by ishan001
Turn on Messenger Plus!'s chat logging feature. It is different than Messenger's default chat logging option and in contrast to Messenger's one, it logs the chat very frequently and even if the Messenger shuts down, you will probably save all your messages, maybe except the very recent line. But you have to remember which convos were open before crash to continue chatting with them.

To help with the remembering, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79194
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Evostance on 06-05-2008 at 12:42 PM

How about having an icon to the left of your contacts on your contact left if they have MsgPlus?

[Image: msgjc4.jpg]

Should get the idea.  Msgplus logo means they have msgplus

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Basilis on 06-05-2008 at 12:52 PM

Nice idea but I believe it should be added in the Contact card for example. Not in the contact list. Or in the Contact Information window.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Evostance on 06-05-2008 at 01:05 PM

But who ever views contact cards?  Ive always seens them as annoying and pointless.  I click the green man icon by accident and i get a popup thing that is slow and annoying.  Its completly useless lol

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Basilis on 06-05-2008 at 01:07 PM

Yes but it would be annoying in my opinion to have the Messenger Plus! logo everywhere in the contact list.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Evostance on 06-05-2008 at 01:12 PM

No more annoying that having that orange circle thing when a contact updates their profile ;)

Edit: Ok, how about just making it an option lol

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ahmetgns on 06-05-2008 at 01:26 PM

Messenger Plus! cannot check whether the contacts have Plus! or not automatically and without your notice. Because as far as I remember from one thread here, Patchou doesn't want MsgPlus! to use msn protocol for purposes like this. You can check if your contacts have Plus! or not with /ping command. Just send that command to the contact. If they have Plus! installed at that moment and if they didn't disable Pong! replies to such requests, then their messenger will reply to you with a Pong!. But you cannot always be sure about this because your contact may uninstall Plus! at any time after you performed this check.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Basilis on 06-05-2008 at 02:58 PM

I think other add-ons can check if the other contact has installed them without needing to ask the other contact.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Evostance on 06-05-2008 at 05:38 PM

Can it not be set to ping all your contacts on sign up and then ping them when they log in?

If you get a pong it shows the logo, if not its left blank?

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Patchou on 06-05-2008 at 06:02 PM

quote:
I think other add-ons can check if the other contact has installed them without needing to ask the other contact.
As far as I'm concerned, that's invasion of privacy and a way to ask for exploits to be discovered and used very easily.
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Basilis on 06-05-2008 at 06:12 PM

I know. I just mentioned it. And as ahmetgns said, you can find out if your contact has Messenger Plus! installed by a simple "ping"

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Evostance on 06-11-2008 at 06:00 PM

The ability to hide offline contacts in group

If I make groups like family, clan, uni mates etc, I dont want to see if there offline

I just want to be able to see the online ones.  I know you can hide people that are in the offline list, but if they are offline they will show up in the groups.  Its quite annoying.

So make it so you can hide ALL offline contacts

RE: RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Basilis on 06-11-2008 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Evostance

If I make groups like family, clan, uni mates etc, I dont want to see if there offline

I just want to be able to see the online ones.  I know you can hide people that are in the offline list, but if they are offline they will show up in the groups.  Its quite annoying.

So make it so you can hide ALL offline contacts
Now that is a very good suggestion. I would really love this feature. Let's hope it will be added some day
RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Menthix on 06-11-2008 at 08:04 PM

quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by that? You can set both options "Show online contacts only" and "Group offline contacts together". Which displays only the online people in your groups.

What am i missing here? :)

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by ahmetgns on 06-12-2008 at 06:49 AM

quote:
quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by that? You can set both options "Show online contacts only" and "Group offline contacts together". Which displays only the online people in your groups.

What am i missing here? :)
No MenthiX, you aren't missing anything, Evostance just couldn't think to look at the Messenger's own options, that is it. However selecting "group offline contacts together" option after selecting "show online contacts only" option will be useless because in "Offline" group, you can see noone then :P

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Menthix on 06-12-2008 at 09:31 AM

I just like all my invisible contacts grouped together :p.

RE: What features are missing in Plus! Live? by Waxime on 06-18-2008 at 03:37 AM

Hi all

i make some request in msgplus
it's possible to maximize the size of emoticon panel ???
it's really too small is impossible to find something in that

i think sizable panel is the best choose