Shoutbox

WLM managed beta testers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: WLM managed beta testers (/showthread.php?tid=61696)

WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 03:21 AM

Has anybody gotten the Gift thing they said they sent out?

i'm wondering what it is

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Felu on 06-27-2006 at 03:22 AM

Wernt the ddp's the gift?

RE: WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

what? what ddps?

and its not something digital, or else MS would never have asked us to update our addresses

quote:
Originally posted by microsoft connect

Last Chance To Update Your Address

We plan on giving all of the Managed beta testers a special gift as a way of saying "thank you" for all of the great participation. Everyone who has an address listed as part of their Connect profile has been sent to the shipping company. Anyone who did not have an address listed was not sent to shipping company and will not receive the gift. We will send a follow up list of everyone who gets their address added by Friday, 16-Jun 2006, 2:00pm (PST).

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Hank on 06-27-2006 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare

i'm wondering what it is
nope, aan i dont expect one either
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Lou on 06-27-2006 at 03:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:

i'm wondering what it is
nope, aan i dont expect one either
If you were a managed tester, you are to expect one:P
RE: WLM managed beta testers by BeerBro on 06-27-2006 at 03:47 AM

i updated my address a long time ago, but never got the "Last Chance to update address" and the "follow-up list" emails from Microsoft....

what's wrong?... will i be getting a gift? (I'm a managed beta tester, btw)

RE: WLM managed beta testers by *Saint* on 06-27-2006 at 03:55 AM

I got the gift for windows live messenger on the cell phone, but nothing for computer.... yet :D

RE: WLM managed beta testers by dylan! on 06-27-2006 at 03:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
I got the gift for windows live messenger on the cell phone, but nothing for computer.... yet :D

what was it?:O
RE: WLM managed beta testers by *Saint* on 06-27-2006 at 03:59 AM

It was some sticker thing you put on your phone to make it work underground and stuff it increases antenna strength...

I got it a few weeks ago...

[Image: ccf05172006000015ag.th.jpg]

RE: WLM managed beta testers by dylan! on 06-27-2006 at 04:02 AM

sweet(Y) good job

RE: WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 04:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BeerBro
i updated my address a long time ago, but never got the "Last Chance to update address" and the "follow-up list" emails from Microsoft....

what's wrong?... will i be getting a gift? (I'm a managed beta tester, btw)
those weren't e-mails, go to connect.microsoft.com and click on the WLM 8.0 program, should have that notice on teh main page for the program

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Hank on 06-27-2006 at 04:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
If you were a managed tester, you are to expect one(Smilie)
Yes but the testing of wlm8 has really finished so why haven't we gotten anything yet? i was an official tester, now a butterfly, , maybe our present was to get the betterfly thingy?
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Underlord on 06-27-2006 at 04:12 AM

Maybe you should be more patient. I'd expect it to come in 6-12 weeks. Impatient people.

RE: WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 04:27 AM

quote:
quote:
Yes but the testing of wlm8 has really finished so why haven't we gotten anything yet? i was an official tester, now a butterfly, , maybe our present was to get the betterfly thingy?
what butterfly thing?, am i missing something?
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Underlord on 06-27-2006 at 04:50 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
what butterfly thing?, am i missing something?

Indeed. I was wondering what he is on about also.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by matty on 06-27-2006 at 04:51 AM

Butterflies are people who have proven to be valuable testers.

This is the email I recieved.

quote:
Greetings,

As a result of all your outstanding feedback, we are pleased to announce that you have been selected to be a Windows Live Butterfly - Messenger!

The Windows Live Butterfly program, formerly the MSN Butterfly program, is designed to recognize beta testers who excel at testing our Windows Live programs by submitting valuable feedback, validate and vote on others feedback and assist other users in the Microsoft beta newsgroups. Butterflies help out each individual product group, choosing to focus deeply on one particular program as it moves from Beta to Release and back to Beta again. Butterfly Experts go a step above and beyond, testing multiple products, time and time again, providing feedback where ever they go.

Nothing is expected of you as a Butterfly above and beyond what you already do. However, a Butterfly is not a Butterfly for life. We do regularly assess beta testers and Butterflies alike for continued inclusion in the program. Doing this lets us keep our pool of recognized testers who excel fresh and up to date.

You may be wondering what sort of benefits will come from being a Butterfly. First and foremost is the automatic acceptance into any Windows Live beta in the coming year, big or small. Another benefit is the recognition you get within Microsoft, based on the Butterflies who came before you. We also will give you access to a private newsgroup, accessible only to Butterflies and Microsoft, where you can share ideas, thoughts and converse about any topic with your fellow Butterflies.

Once more, we would like to thank you for the invaluable role you played in the development process and the successful launch of several Microsoft Windows Live products during the past year. On behalf of the staff at Windows Live and Windows Live customers everywhere, thank you for the time and effort you spent making this version of Windows Live software the best possible product.

THANK YOU for your outstanding contributions and welcome to our outstanding Windows Live Butterfly group!!

If you have any concerns, feedback or questions regarding this email, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at *email removed*.

Best regards,

Windows Live Beta Team

*Note that it might take up to 48 hours for you to be able to access the Windows Live Butterfly newsgroups.

I still think there might be something else but who knows.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by RebelSean on 06-27-2006 at 05:10 AM

quote:
quote:

They have not been shipped yet, we'll receive a e-mail when they ship.

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

Get on the newsgroups homo!
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Underlord on 06-27-2006 at 05:23 AM

quote:

Oh I am already a butterfly, which would be the reason I didn't get that email. :)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by RebelSean on 06-27-2006 at 05:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:

Oh I am already a butterfly, which would be the reason I didn't get that email. :)

If you did not get a e-mail you lost your wings, a lot of the senior butterflies were removed so there are a lot of tensions flying around.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 05:35 AM

quote:
quote:

i can't beleive i'm saying this, but....i wanna be a butterfly:(
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Underlord on 06-27-2006 at 05:35 AM

O.o are you sure?

RE: WLM managed beta testers by CookieRevised on 06-27-2006 at 05:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
If you did not get a e-mail you lost your wings, a lot of the senior butterflies were removed so there are a lot of tensions flying around.
Everybody should have gotten an email, also those who lost their butterfly status. They would have recieved a mail they are not a butterfly anymore.

RE: WLM managed beta testers by RebelSean on 06-27-2006 at 05:45 AM

quote:
O.o are you sure?

If you were, you would have gotten the e-mail welcoming you and giving you a invite code to the butterfly community on connect, as well as gotten access to the butterfly cafe :tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Everybody should have gotten an email, also those who lost their butterfly status. They would have recieved a mail they are not a butterfly anymore.

"Everybody"? Not everyone was given butterfly status. And yes I know those who were previous butterflies received a e-mail if they did not make it this go around, I never said they didn't. (I actually meant to say if you didn't get a welcome e-mail :tongue:)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by John Anderton on 06-27-2006 at 06:06 AM

quote:

i'm wondering what it is
No. The one nitemare is talking about is the actual gift that was supposed to be mailed to managed beta testers only

I guess it would take time considering there are atleast a few thousand managed beta testers and shipping would take time i guess :)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Underlord on 06-27-2006 at 06:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:

i'm wondering what it is
No. The one nitemare is talking about is the actual gift that was supposed to be mailed to managed beta testers only

I guess it would take time considering there are atleast a few thousand managed beta testers and shipping would take time i guess :)

quote:
I'd expect it to come in 6-12 weeks.

WLM Managed Beta Gifts by Salem on 06-27-2006 at 07:56 AM

quote:

i'm wondering what it is

I suspect the gift to only arrive in a month or so. When they sent out the Webcams for MSN Messenger 7.0 to took 6 - 8 weeks.

quote:

No. Managed Beta Tester will be getting something "physical" as we were all asked to making sure our mail address was correct.

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
It was some sticker thing you put on your phone to make it work underground and stuff it increases antenna strength...

I got it a few weeks ago...

[Image: ccf05172006000015ag.th.jpg]

Was this for Windows Live Mobile Beta? If so i didn't get one:-( I did get something for MSN Mobile last year though

quote:
They have not been shipped yet, we'll receive a e-mail when they ship.

I doubt we'll get an e-mail notification when they ship the gifts. For Messenger 7.0 we only got an e-mail telling us we're getting a webcam and that it'll take 6 - 8 weeks to arrive. We wer not e-mailed when they were shipped.

Also, have a look on the Windows Live Messenger 8.0 Beta program on Microsoft Connect, on the 12th June entry it states that shipping addresses have already been shipped to the shipping company, but those who haven't updated/added their address had 'til 16 June. So i'd suspect they have been shipped already, so expect them around August maybe.

~Salem(@)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by CookieRevised on 06-27-2006 at 08:31 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

"Everybody"? Not everyone was given butterfly status.

And yes I know those who were previous butterflies received a e-mail if they did not make it this go around, I never said they didn't. (I actually meant to say if you didn't get a welcome e-mail :tongue:)
1) I never said that everybody would recieve butterfly status at all!

2) you said clearly: "If you didn't recieved an email you aren't a butterfly anymore" which is wrong as those who aren't selected would recieve a mail too.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by ~INVASION~ on 06-27-2006 at 08:35 AM

i got my butterfly position, very nice group of people :)

and the gift, well it took a while for ppl to get their webcams in 7.5 so jst wait, it will come soon enough ;)

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Hank on 06-27-2006 at 10:19 AM

webcams?.. if i get a webcam i dun think it'll work as none or hardly any will work under WindowsXP Professional 64bit

RE: WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:
quote:

No. Managed Beta Tester will be getting something "physical" as we were all asked to making sure our mail address was correct.
quote:
Also, have a look on the Windows Live Messenger 8.0 Beta program on Microsoft Connect, on the 12th June entry it states that shipping addresses have already been shipped to the shipping company, but those who haven't updated/added their address had 'til 16 June. So i'd suspect they have been shipped already, so expect them around August maybe.
[Image: xso_rolleyes.gif]didn't my post say that?
quote:
and its not something digital, or else MS would never have asked us to update our addresses

quote:
Originally posted by microsoft connect

Last Chance To Update Your Address

We plan on giving all of the Managed beta testers a special gift as a way of saying "thank you" for all of the great participation. Everyone who has an address listed as part of their Connect profile has been sent to the shipping company. Anyone who did not have an address listed was not sent to shipping company and will not receive the gift. We will send a follow up list of everyone who gets their address added by Friday, 16-Jun 2006, 2:00pm (PST).

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Skarn on 06-28-2006 at 01:10 AM

I wonder if I would count as a Managed Beta Tester. I was using Windows Live Messenger Beta, ever since it was released, but I never did visit connet.microsoft.com and "connect" to it. Would this matter? I simply applied to Beta Test at ideas.live.com and then they sent me an email saying I was accepted. o o'

RE: WLM managed beta testers by deAd on 06-28-2006 at 01:12 AM

That's not part of the managed beta =/ ...

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Skarn on 06-28-2006 at 01:13 AM

Well, just checking o o'

RE: WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 06-28-2006 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skarn
I wonder if I would count as a Managed Beta Tester. I was using Windows Live Messenger Beta, ever since it was released, but I never did visit connet.microsoft.com and "connect" to it. Would this matter? I simply applied to Beta Test at ideas.live.com and then they sent me an email saying I was accepted. o o'

go to connect.microsoft.com and click on my partisipation, it will as you to log in, so do so with the e-maill address to which you got the e-mail.

once loged in if you see "Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0" in the list, then you are a managed tester

but consitering you never loged in, you will not be getting a gift, since you never put your shipping address in
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Skarn on 06-28-2006 at 01:18 AM

Guess I wasn't, but thanks ^^

RE: WLM managed beta testers by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 06-28-2006 at 03:12 AM

ok. first, i hope to god its not a webcam cuz my parents wont let me use it. i really hope its the new wlmessenger enabled phones cuz i need a new phone 2. 2nd, wut ever happend to the call thing where people could test windows live call?

RE: RE: WLM managed beta testers by Salem on 06-28-2006 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE-
ok. first, i hope to god its not a webcam cuz my parents wont let me use it. i really hope its the new wlmessenger enabled phones cuz i need a new phone 2. 2nd, wut ever happend to the call thing where people could test windows live call?

Well...apparently they ran into some problems with that, so the Windows Live Call test has been delayed.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[Image: xso_rolleyes.gif]didn't my post say that?

Yes it did NiteMare, sorry about that. I replied without reading the thread fully.

~Salem(@)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by GiantSpider on 07-04-2006 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
well it took a while for ppl to get their webcams in 7.5 so jst wait,
We got WeeMee's for 7.5, If Microsoft shouldn't give us webcams, because that was our last gift & people will still be using them. Suppose there's allways eBay...................
RE: WLM managed beta testers by RebelSean on 07-05-2006 at 05:41 AM

Warning: spoiler

The gift is a messenger bag :)

RE: WLM managed beta testers by NiteMare on 07-05-2006 at 05:52 AM

quote:

The gift is a messenger bag
your kidding, thats the crap compared to webcams, we should get more for testing sucha  new product

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Underlord on 07-06-2006 at 04:57 AM

quote:

Boring. |-) I like my webcam better.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by ShawnZ on 07-06-2006 at 06:36 AM

quote:

thats not fair, everyone but me got to be a butterfly, and i bet they didn't submit a critical easily reproducable bug that crashes messenger :(
RE: WLM managed beta testers by GiantSpider on 07-06-2006 at 10:13 AM

Why did he post it in white?

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
thats not fair, everyone but me got to be a butterfly
Lies, I didn't.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by RebelSean on 07-06-2006 at 01:29 PM

quote:
thats not fair, everyone but me got to be a butterfly, and i bet they didn't submit a critical easily reproducable bug that crashes messenger :(

quote:
Originally posted by Nadia
I want to explain to everyone the process we go through to select
Butterflies. We do not look for people' name or handle but look at the
following:
1. Number of bug submitted and quality of these bugs
2. Number of votes / validations on Connect
3. Participation in the newsgroup.

We had several people going through every single bug and feedback and
reviewing for several months all feedback to decide who qualify as a
Butterfly. Every beta participant has an equal chance to become a Butterfly
regardless of his/her previous status. This is the same process used by the
MVP Program and the goal is to reward beta participants that have been
active during the previous review period. Windows Live Butterfly Product
Specialists have shown expertise in one Windows Live product. In your case
you are shown expertise in Windows Live Messenger. Windows Live Butterfly
Experts are proficient in more than one Windows Live Product. There is no
need to sign up for being selected for the Butterfly Status (product
specialist or expert), we automatically review everyone's contribution every
6 months.

Thank you,

Nadia Fortini
Windows Live Beta Team

Maybe you'll get it next go around, Shawnz. Just work for it and you'll get it.

quote:
quote:

Boring. |-) I like my webcam better.

Ditto.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by GiantSpider on 07-06-2006 at 01:50 PM

quote:
We had several people going through every single bug and feedback and
reviewing for several months all feedback to decide who qualify as a
Butterfly. Every beta participant has an equal chance to become a Butterfly
regardless of his/her previous status. This is the same process used by the
MVP Program and the goal is to reward beta participants that have been
active during the previous review period. Windows Live Butterfly Product
Specialists have shown expertise in one Windows Live product. In your case
you are shown expertise in Windows Live Messenger. Windows Live Butterfly
Experts are proficient in more than one Windows Live Product. There is no
need to sign up for being selected for the Butterfly Status (product
specialist or expert), we automatically review everyone's contribution every
6 months.
Sounds like they spent more time picking the butteflies than fixing the bugs they reported.
RE: RE: WLM managed beta testers by Salem on 07-06-2006 at 08:58 PM

quote:

A Bag????

Really not what i expected. But i guess we shouldnt really be beta testing to geta gift out of it.

Salem(@) prefers a webcam

~Salem(@)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by JonnyT on 07-06-2006 at 09:15 PM

I would be happy with the bag, so if anyone doesnt want thiers send it my way :D

RE: WLM managed beta testers by GiantSpider on 07-06-2006 at 09:26 PM

Maybe the bag has something in it?

RE: RE: RE: WLM managed beta testers by RebelSean on 07-07-2006 at 05:57 AM

quote:

A Bag????

Really not what i expected. But i guess we shouldnt really be beta testing to geta gift out of it.

Salem(@) prefers a webcam

~Salem(@)

It's a quite nice bag, but keep in mind this beta was a larger beta so the budget was a bit lower I presume.
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Hank on 07-07-2006 at 06:17 AM

i'd like Money from MS so i could buy shares in Google :P

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Joe on 08-17-2006 at 02:28 AM

I got my bag today... empty though

EDIT: Here's an image, not my picture, but i didn't feel like digging out the camera.
[Image: post-75285-1155781345.jpg]

.... nvm, there's already a pic in the thread

RE: WLM managed beta testers by DarkMe on 08-17-2006 at 02:49 AM

* DarkMe wants a bag like that

RE: WLM managed beta testers by cloudhunter on 08-17-2006 at 02:52 AM

Wish I was an managed beta tester... Could have been good for uni :P If I get there :(

RE: WLM managed beta testers by cloudhunter on 08-17-2006 at 03:17 AM

I got one about mail...

RE: RE: WLM managed beta testers by Salem on 08-17-2006 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by atown44

EDIT: Here's an image, not my picture, but i didn't feel like digging out the camera.
[Image: post-75285-1155781345.jpg]

.... nvm, there's already a pic in the thread

Looks good.

None received here yet.

Salem(@) waits...

~Salem(@)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by brian on 08-17-2006 at 03:25 PM

looks like america is startinf to get them but no canadians got them yet

* brian checks mail

RE: WLM managed beta testers by x2zen on 08-17-2006 at 03:48 PM

* x2zen likes his webcam better

Congrats with your bags :P

RE: RE: WLM managed beta testers by Salem on 08-17-2006 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by x2zen

Congrats with your bags :P

Yeh, i too prefer the webcam. Laptop bag is cool though (would be better if i had a laptop to put in it).

[off topic]x2zen, did u get the PM i sent you a while ago? 'cause i need to ask you a question please. If not, please PM me or add me to ur contact list. Thanks[/off-topic]

~Salem(@)
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Thor on 08-17-2006 at 05:33 PM

I am an managed tester.. but I haven't got anything.. Anyways, that bag looked really great! :)

RE: WLM managed beta testers by marissa on 08-17-2006 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by atown44

haha be happy you got one :p
i wish i coulda "took part" in this beta, but i didnt come on the computer much when it was going on i think

quote:
Originally posted by x2zen

me too, even though i cant use it...but its still pretty :banana:

RE: WLM managed beta testers by *Saint* on 08-17-2006 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
I am an managed tester.. but I haven't got anything.. Anyways, that bag looked really great! :)

Ya I'm still waiting too :P
RE: WLM managed beta testers by aNILEator on 08-17-2006 at 10:22 PM

....by sporting our Windows Live Messenger Bag, now you can get beaten up even more :D

still miffed that MS didn't keep their promise to patchou by making all his beta testers managed testers of WLM ¬_¬

RE: WLM managed beta testers by GiantSpider on 08-17-2006 at 11:10 PM

Yeah, was abit shit, but you know what they're like. I wonder what I'll use my bag for. Oooh, dugs, they'll never expect me to have them in my WLM bag!!

RE: WLM managed beta testers by aNILEator on 08-17-2006 at 11:50 PM

dugs indeed!

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Hank on 08-18-2006 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
still miffed that MS didn't keep their promise to patchou by making all his beta testers managed testers of WLM ¬_¬
then MS woulda had to do or say the same to patchou by only making Managed WLM8 testers of MPL
RE: WLM managed beta testers by Underlord on 08-20-2006 at 09:30 AM

I got mine on Friday. :)

RE: WLM managed beta testers by Lourix on 08-20-2006 at 11:17 AM

Are you guys allowed to say stuff like this out in the open?

RE: WLM managed beta testers by GiantSpider on 08-20-2006 at 11:49 AM

The NDA only covers the program itself AFAIK

RE: WLM managed beta testers by ShawnZ on 08-20-2006 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider

there's no nda :p
RE: WLM managed beta testers by albert on 08-20-2006 at 02:42 PM

Anyone in Canada received his? I was wanted to use it for college but it's sunday morning, and courses starts in less than 22 hours and I still haven't gotten anything. :sad:

RE: WLM managed beta testers by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 08-20-2006 at 06:58 PM

Naw, Im in canada and have not recieved mine. I want mine to arrive soon too -.-

RE: RE: WLM managed beta testers by GiantSpider on 08-20-2006 at 10:43 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider

there's no nda :p

No I don't suppose there was with all the invites & what-not.