Shoutbox

bring back the plus PM notification item? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: bring back the plus PM notification item? (/showthread.php?tid=61708)

bring back the plus PM notification item? by aNILEator on 06-27-2006 at 06:22 AM

is it possible to bring back the PM noticiation icon?  at the moment its quite easy to leave new PM's un noticed

RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by Eddie on 06-27-2006 at 12:32 PM

just make it so that it comes up with a little pop up when you enter the forum, somewhere in your forum options.

RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by Guido on 06-27-2006 at 05:09 PM

Or perhaps the welcome panel or the PMs line turning red? (color:red; )

I think that's more obvious than a lighted up icon (albeit a bit dramatic for people who don't want to read their PMs, now that I think of it).

RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by RaceProUK on 06-28-2006 at 11:35 AM

I think the 'light-up' icon is fine, as it's consistent with the forum index.

RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by surfichris on 06-28-2006 at 11:45 AM

It'd look better on the right of the welcome block though - because the text is aligned to the right.. Right?

RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by NiteMare on 06-28-2006 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
just make it so that it comes up with a little pop up when you enter the forum, somewhere in your forum options.
for some reason, it doesn't allways pop up for me
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Or perhaps the welcome panel or the PMs line turning red? (color:red; )

that would be cool

RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by haydos on 06-28-2006 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
It'd look better on the right of the welcome block though - because the text is aligned to the right.. Right?
I think if it were added back that's definitely the best way to go... I don't miss the icon personally, but I'm sure some may.
RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by RaceProUK on 06-28-2006 at 03:21 PM

Isn't there a PM entry under all the forums in the index?

RE: RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by Guido on 06-28-2006 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Yep, I agree
RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by aNILEator on 06-30-2006 at 10:47 PM

sorry about starting a new thread i completely forgot about this one

but yeah i really mis that faded/lit up logo

RE: bring back the plus PM notification item? by Nagamasa on 07-11-2006 at 12:12 PM

I liked  Guido's idea of it turning red. Really bold against blue and white. Perferbally 255 red, 0 green, 0 blue. Thats the sharpest one available I belive.