Shoutbox

Default Sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Default Sounds (/showthread.php?tid=61730)

Default Sounds by Nagamasa on 06-27-2006 at 11:31 AM

In Msg Plus! 3, there was a defualt sound for extra popup toasts. But in MP!L, there wasnt any. As a result, I used some of the Y!M sounds, but the sounds dont fit the scene. Will there be an revised default sounds?

RE: Default Sounds by RaceProUK on 06-27-2006 at 01:09 PM

It's due to the new way notifications are triggered: you can independently assign a sound and a pop-up. If you really want a default sound though, then just set all the sounds to an old MSN Messenger sound (I'll send you the WAVs if you want).

Edit: Or convert one of the WLM sounds to MP3 and use that.

RE: Default Sounds by CookieRevised on 06-27-2006 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
It's due to the new way notifications are triggered: you can independently assign a sound and a pop-up.
If you really want a default sound though, then just set all the sounds to an old MSN Messenger sound (I'll send you the WAVs if you want).
the way notifications work don't have something todo with the 'default' sound though. Also, you already/still can use the 'default' sound...

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
In Msg Plus! 3, there was a defualt sound for extra popup toasts. But in MP!L, there wasnt any. As a result, I used some of the Y!M sounds, but the sounds dont fit the scene. Will there be an revised default sounds?
There was no seperate default sound file at all. MsgPlus!3 simply used the notification sound which was used in Messenger itself (can't double check this atm, but I'm pretty sure).

Second, in Plus!Live, if you leave the sound path empty (but you did of course enabled the sound notification) the default notification sound will play. This is also explained in the tooltip you'll see whan you hoover over that very same sound path edit box.

Again, this "default" sound isn't included in Plus!, but is taken directly from Messenger.