Shoutbox

[Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds (/showthread.php?tid=61750)

[Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Tartooob on 06-27-2006 at 03:43 PM

Hello everyone,

Well my problem in general is that I hate the adds, its because I got a 1 letter email address and every 2 or 3 min I get 2 or 3 adds and If i Left my msn open for few hours I get like 150 add, I dont even see who added me all I do is close them all because I am sick of it. When I play any game such as counter strike and I leave my msn open, The adds keeps coming up on the game screen so I alt tab and close it, err until I close my msn completly

I just hope [beg actully] That someone can help me by making a script that can hide adds or lock them like when you do with MsgPlus when you lock it, it hides also the converstions.

Thank you alot, I know its a stupid request but I think people who have 1 letter and 2 letter emails will need this. Best regards.

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by matty on 06-27-2006 at 03:48 PM

What do the adds look like? Are the internet explorer popups?

Did you accidently install the Messenger Plus! Live optional sponsor?

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by linx05 on 06-27-2006 at 03:50 PM

I think he means the "So and so has added you" dialogs.

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Tartooob on 06-27-2006 at 04:20 PM

To make things clear:

[Image: 959556io.th.jpg]

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Supersonicdarky on 06-27-2006 at 04:24 PM

the best thing to do would be to make a new account with more than 2 letters [Image: dodgy.gif] (6 atleast?) And what is someone you want adds you but you close window/block it?

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Mr. Bougo on 06-27-2006 at 04:25 PM

Wah... o_O

Since when do you have that problem?

And you have a 1-letter email address...

I think the best thing you can do is change your email :(

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Thor on 06-27-2006 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tartooob
To make things clear:

[Image: 959556io.th.jpg]
That was many! :O

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Tartooob on 06-27-2006 at 04:37 PM

I really dont want to change my 1 letter email because it is 1 letter email lol. Its nice email and very rare.
[There is only 26, 1 letter email in the world @ hotmail]

When someone wanna add me, I add him because I never see adds.
So any soulation guys .. ?

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by upsfeup on 06-27-2006 at 04:43 PM

There is no event  that reacts to "Add contact request". I guess that only Patchou can tell if that event is possible to grab and reject automatically.

RE: RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Tartooob on 06-27-2006 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup
There is no event  that reacts to "Add contact request". I guess that only Patchou can tell if that event is possible to grab and reject automatically.

I dont mind Rejecting them or Just hiding them for a while like when you lock your msn with MsgPlus and it hides your messages. anything will work, I just wanna get rid of them in anyway. :(
RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Zayl on 06-27-2006 at 04:48 PM

OMG :O
You should save your contacts :

Contacts > Save Messenger contacts

Then create a new adress and export your contacts ;)

(You could put in your nickname that you changed e-mail too, cause your contacts might not accept you with your new adress ;)

Bye

RE: RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Tartooob on 06-27-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zayl
OMG :O
You should save your contacts :

Contacts > Save Messenger contacts

Then create a new adress and export your contacts ;)

(You could put in your nickname that you changed e-mail too, cause your contacts might not accept you with your new adress ;)

Bye

Lol, I want another option please, I wont just leave my 1 letter email. can't.
I mean its not that hard, just a small script to hide the add contacts or cancel the adds

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Lou on 06-27-2006 at 05:07 PM

It is hard, as Plus! scripts can't touch those windows:s

RE: RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by Tartooob on 06-27-2006 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
It is hard, as Plus! scripts can't touch those windows:s

Oky scripts cant but Messenger Plus can, right ?

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by ghow on 12-08-2007 at 04:24 PM

I have been looking for the same feature, anyone know if there is something available now that can auto-reject contacts?

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by roflmao456 on 12-08-2007 at 05:55 PM

should this help?

(untick checkbox)

RE: RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by DarkVelocity on 12-08-2007 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
should this help?

i think you just helped him solve his problem
:P

RE: RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by ghow on 12-08-2007 at 06:48 PM

quote:
should this help?

Thanks, but I am looking for a script or add-in that can automatically reject and block these requests without seeing the pop-up.
i.e. Automate the process of selecting the "Block this person from seeing when you are online and contacting you" whenever a new contact request is made.
RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by ArkaneArkade on 12-08-2007 at 06:55 PM

Couldn't you just do what roflmao456 said, and also check the "Only people on my Contact List can see my status and send me messages"

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by ghow on 12-08-2007 at 07:07 PM

That shows the pop-up and you have to manually block the request. I am looking for a way to get rid of the pop-up and automatically block the user.

Like the original poster I am getting a lot of these requests from spammers and have already changed my email address and do not want to have to change it again.

RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by roflmao456 on 12-08-2007 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ghow
quote:
should this help?

Thanks, but I am looking for a script or add-in that can automatically reject and block these requests without seeing the pop-up.
i.e. Automate the process of selecting the "Block this person from seeing when you are online and contacting you" whenever a new contact request is made.
they couldn't message you as long as this option is ticked:

(and untick the second checkbox, forgot to mention that)
RE: RE: [Request] Block or Hide Contact Adds by ghow on 12-09-2007 at 10:02 AM

quote:
(and untick the second checkbox, forgot to mention that)

That would produce the desired effect, but unfortunately when the first option is ticked the second option is forced to be ticked. If you uncheck it then check the first option, the second option gets turned back on. :@