Shoutbox

Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? (/showthread.php?tid=61801)

Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? by can16358p on 06-27-2006 at 08:02 PM

Here is my plan;
I want to take the raw song data from media player (or whatever) before displaying it.

I will read the song data,
I will look it up from a predefined list which has some lyrics from that song.
If song data is found, change PSM to that, and do not show media. (now playing as PSM)
If no data for that song is found, show the song as it should be displayed.

For example:
I'm listening Song Y from Band X. and some lyrics are "blablabla" (this will be in a text file or something)

Script will prevent displaying Song Y - Band X as the PSM.
Look it up in the list. (and find in this case).
Display "blablabla" Band X - Song Y. as PSM (not currentmedia).
In another case (if no data is found in the list for that song) show Song Y - Band X normally as media.

Any ideas?

RE: Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? by upsfeup on 06-27-2006 at 08:42 PM

I've been looking this I i don't think it can be done inside messenger. Plus has read-only access to MyCurrentMedia. So I can't see a way to change it's text.

I can only imagine this made with an external app, before the info get's send to messenger.

RE: Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? by Griffo on 07-15-2006 at 10:48 AM

I am trying to find out a way of doing this too, if anyone had any info it would be appreciated :)

RE: RE: Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? by MattyRid on 07-15-2006 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup
I can only imagine this made with an external app, before the info get's send to messenger.

I agree, but whether you will be able to change it is the big question ;)
RE: Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? by Griffo on 07-15-2006 at 10:59 AM

How do you set the PSM in the music format? So it shows what is playing?

Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = "HELLO" gives you s simple message, but I want to know I get that in the music format to show what is playing. Any suggestions appreciated :)

RE: Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? by deAd on 07-15-2006 at 01:59 PM

Use another dll, there's code for it on Fanatic Forums. I'm working on translating it to JScript but atm messenger doesn't like my copydata structure.

RE: Any way to handle the music (Current media) without displaying? by Griffo on 07-15-2006 at 02:03 PM

Yea I have sorted it now. Coded it into my DLL and called it that way :)