Shoutbox

Spider Man 3 Teaser! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Spider Man 3 Teaser! (/showthread.php?tid=61813)

Spider Man 3 Teaser! by ~INVASION~ on 06-27-2006 at 09:11 PM

After being leaked to the internet then taken down shortly after, apple has released the teaser trailer to spider man 3

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

cant wait :D

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Voldemort on 06-27-2006 at 09:14 PM

same here :P although i would prefer HP5, comes out July  13, 07

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by tony on 06-27-2006 at 09:15 PM

Any links to watch it on WM?

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 09:19 PM

yeah, stupid quicktime keeps finding errors

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by user27089 on 06-27-2006 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony

I doubt it, considering it's a site hosted by apple. Most trailers on the internet are for .mov for the quality etc.

Either way, that video is absolutely amazing :|.

[Image: spiderman2lg.png]

HOT.
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Jimcando on 06-27-2006 at 09:21 PM

Yey, the movies aren't all that good, but the Spiderman 2 game was fun :D

Spiderman 3 should be even better

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by user27089 on 06-27-2006 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
It's gonna suck balls. As both the Spiderman films previously have. Stupid Hollywood thinking they can make films out of comics. They always fail.

Both Spiderman 1 & 2 were excellent films.
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by prashker on 06-27-2006 at 10:35 PM

I didn't like SpiderMan 1 or 2 (I did the song about spiderman because Weird Al rox so shush :P)

Maybe 3 will impress me :P

good trailer tho (y)

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Chris4 on 06-27-2006 at 10:36 PM

What's the story with the evil Spider-Man?

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by ~INVASION~ on 06-27-2006 at 10:38 PM

may 2007 tho, which sux sooo much cause i wanna watch it sometime at least this year :P

and i also thought spiderman 1 and 2 were sweet films, comic movies are usually always nicely done, unlss your a fanboy and dont want to leave your little comic bubble world :undecided:

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 10:39 PM

quote:
It's gonna suck balls. As both the Spiderman films previously have. Stupid Hollywood thinking they can make films out of comics. They always fail.
sounds lime time has a comic book stuck up his ass:refuck:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
What's the story with the evil Spider-Man?

the storie is that a oil like substance is brought back from the moon, which turns out to be alive

this substance bonds to parker, mimicing the spiderman suit, only black, with a few other differances

but the substance turns out to be evil, so spiderman gets rid of it, but it finds its way to someone else, can't remember who, and that guy is evil to start with, so once it bonds to him....he becomes venom, from what i remember, spidermans worst enemy
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Chris4 on 06-27-2006 at 10:59 PM

Sounds cool. Definitely be watching it (Y):D

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Jimcando on 06-27-2006 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
the storie is that a oil like substance is brought back from the moon, which turns out to be alive
:O what happened to it being created by Parker's dad + friend?
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Stigmata on 06-27-2006 at 11:12 PM

Spiderman 1 & 2, along with xmen, are very good examples of comic book to film actually working..

they were both great films..

ok examples are like daredevil

bad examples are catwoman, the hulk, Elektra etc

I duno, love the first two movies.. Dont see how they can go wrong on this one :)

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by user27089 on 06-27-2006 at 11:17 PM

Sin City is probably the best comic book film ever.

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Jimcando on 06-27-2006 at 11:20 PM

I really wanna watch that. I started watching it, but there was too much light reflecting on the T.V. so I got annoyed with it and never finished watching it :P

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
quote:
:O what happened to it being created by Parker's dad + friend?

i remember from the cartoon that it was brought back from the moon

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Jimcando on 06-27-2006 at 11:35 PM

quote:
but the substance turns out to be evil, so spiderman gets rid of it, but it finds its way to someone else, can't remember who, and that guy is evil to start with, so once it bonds to him....he becomes venom, from what i remember, spidermans worst enemy
Eddie Brock was his name

quote:
In most of the comics (I think) it was made by Peter Parker and Eddie Brocks dads to cure cancer.
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by NiteMare on 06-27-2006 at 11:38 PM

quote:
quote:
In most of the comics (I think) it was made by Peter Parker and Eddie Brocks dads to cure cancer.
you could be right, its been years since i've seen the episode, my TV memory is usualy pretty good though
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Stigmata on 06-27-2006 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Sin City is probably the best comic book film ever.

AHHH! :D

forgot about that one

yep, sin city is awesome.
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Jimcando on 06-27-2006 at 11:52 PM

quote:
you could be right, its been years since i've seen the episode, my TV memory is usualy pretty good though
Meh, it might have been like that on T.V. I'm not calling you a liar :D
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by fergofrog on 06-28-2006 at 06:50 AM

I saw the teaser this morning on the news, it looks soooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by John Anderton on 06-28-2006 at 06:59 AM

Nice hawt movie .... now to goto get tickets for Superman returns which releases here on the 30th :banana:

RE: RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Pinchichuv on 06-28-2006 at 07:54 AM

quote:
quote:
Meh, it might have been like that on T.V. I'm not calling you a liar :D

well in the tvshow venom is an alien symbiote

quote:
Originally posted bywikipediaVenom is a Marvel Comics supervillain and anti-hero, an enemy of Spider-Man. He first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #298 (March 1988). He is a result of symbiosis with an alien life form and a human. The human that has been associated with the symbiote the longest is Eddie Brock, a reporter who was angered that Spider-Man proved one of his stories wrong, ruining his career. Discovering the abandoned symbiote, the two merged into one of Spider-Man's most popular enemies. After years of continuity, Eddie parted with the symbiote, which possessed a gangster's son and later Max Gargan, a long time Spider-Man foe.

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by John Anderton on 06-28-2006 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
well in the tvshow venom is an alien symbiote
and in the game i have played too ... why is it different in the comic?

I know movies, tv progs and comics change stuff (comics are the originals tho :P duh!!!) ive seen it with X-Men :)
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by JadeRovo on 06-28-2006 at 05:43 PM

Darn it it stopped half way through. I like the black suit.:p

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by remember_987 on 06-28-2006 at 05:56 PM

i myself have enjoyed all the spiderman movies and cant wait to see spiderman 3 although it sucks that it wont be out till 2007 :(

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by JadeRovo on 06-28-2006 at 05:59 PM

Its Also Here If you had trouble with the one from Apple:D

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by vaccination on 06-28-2006 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by tony

I doubt it, considering it's a site hosted by apple. Most trailers on the internet are for .mov for the quality etc.

Either way, that video is absolutely amazing :|.

[Image: spiderman2lg.png]

HOT.

Man, would i like too...i meen ah wow that looks cool ;)

Seriously i can't wait, and i think that most comic book films have been good apart from ones like the hulk as previously stated!
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Graventhorp on 06-28-2006 at 08:59 PM

Ok, I can't believe no one has jumped up about this before in this thread.... I won't quote specific people becuase I would end up quoting half the thread, but this is the truth:

The symbiote that merges with Peter Parker and then is forced off of him (by the toiling of a church bell, whcih you can actually SEE in the teaser) and then merges with Eddie Brock to form Venom was originally an alien life-form that Peter found during the Secret Wars arch from the 1980's which, he thought, was just a new suit that enhanced his abilities. Mr Fantastic from the Fantastic Four helped him use it.

The symbiote turned out to be semi-sentient and evil, so after Peter found himself doing things he really didn't want to (back on Earth after the whole Secret Wars were over, obviously) he used the symbiote's main weakness, sonics, and forced it off of him with the bell I mentioned. Then it found Brock, Venom was born.

HOWEVER

In the 1990's cartoon they obviously could not use the comic origin of the symbiote, the Secret Wars were a HUGE arch comprising every single Marvel character. So they used a different version in which J.Jonah Jameson's astronaut son's mission to the moon brought back the symbiote attached to the shuttle, and it merged with Spidey when he rescued the astronauts from the failed landing. The rest was pretty much the same as in the comics.

AND

In the rebooted Spidey contunity that exists parallel to the main continuity, the Ultimate universe (that's why it's ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN and he's a web designer and not a photographer ¬¬) the symbiote is not alien at all, but part of an unfinished cure-for-cancer-bio-suit that was being created by Peter's and Eddie Brock's parents. The suit is not as nice as in the original universe, it actually drove Eddie Brock pretty much insane and it needs to feed on people to survive. And Peter drove it off of him with a power line isntead of a bell.

Any Questions?

RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by user27089 on 06-28-2006 at 09:12 PM

quote:
No, they broke the main principle of Spiderman's existence. He showed his face to a train full of people. Bad film. And one was only marginally better. This "new" CGI they use is pathetic and impossible to watch. It's badly acted and the scripts aren't much better... poor dialogue, bad camera usage, etc. Ugh.

Utter bollocks, just by showing his face at one point doesn't completely ruin the principle of Spiderman's existance. Spiderman's "principle" is to fight crime generally be a hero, not to conceal himself beneath the mask. Just because about 15 people saw his face doesn't change a thing, it wasn't his fault and it was just going along with the storyline. Plus, it's quite an emotional part of the story, as it shows people what they didn't expect, and that Peter Parker is really just a scared and shy kid, until he puts on the Spiderman mask.

The actors throughout both of the films are excellent, it feels just like the original comic books and the cartoons, both the way people look and their personas.

The target audience is for children and teenagers remember, the dialogue isn't going to be complicated, it's got to be easy to understand with a simple storyline.

The camera usage and the computer graphics are decent I think, especially the sway camera that they used so that they actually had the video of a camera swinging around Manhattan. The CG isn't too good in Spiderman 1 but they're good in Spiderman 2. The closeups etc. in both of the films are similar to that of a comic book, if you've ever read a comic book, then you'd know that there are such things as closeups of the face with the blurred background used quite a lot... You'll know what I mean if you watch the film and then look at a comic book.
RE: Spider Man 3 Teaser! by Graventhorp on 06-28-2006 at 09:22 PM

First of all it's Spider-Man.... with a hyphen. It always has been and always will be with a hyphen.

Second of all, yeah, even in the recnt comic books, in the Civil War arch, Spider-Man stood before a press conference and unmasked himself. On purpose. I hate it when people complain about the train scene, Spidey is perhaps the hero that most loses his mask of all. I mean they joke about it all the time.

"Is there ANYONE who doesn't know your secret identiy, Parker?"
"Aw, shaddup"