Shoutbox

Attention Script Developers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Attention Script Developers (/showthread.php?tid=61817)

Attention Script Developers by Chestah on 06-27-2006 at 09:46 PM

I can see alot of new scripts posted in the scripts forum however i'm guessing many of these haven't been submitted to the official scripts database which is where many users will visit to find such scripts!

I'm recommending if you haven't already done so to submit your finished scripts also to the scripts database at http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/submit/ .

You'll find there a series of rules your script must meet before submitting it so please read over those before submitting as it will be refused into the database if it breaches one.

Thankyou :)

RE: Attention Script Developers by Chris4 on 06-27-2006 at 10:16 PM

Yeah, would be helpful if they was all added to the Scripts DB.

Sticky (Y)

RE: Attention Script Developers by Menthix on 06-27-2006 at 10:26 PM

It's already in the sticky on "Get all the scripts & Info for developers"

But I agree, please submit your scripts. Small scripts are welcome to... In fact, the most popular script in the DB right now is also the smallest script in the DB (StealDP, like 10 lines of code).

Submitting is the only way to get your script downloaded by many users, posting on the forum is just a few downloads, while listed in the DB is thousands of downloads in a few days. Don't be afraid your script isn't good enough to be submitted. If it isn't i will write a friendly reply with what could be improved... and by far most of all submits will be accepted anyway.

But I will not digg trough this forum every day to see what's posted, submitting is the ONLY way to get listed (just a simple email).

RE: Attention Script Developers by Chestah on 06-28-2006 at 09:37 PM

Yep it would be a shame if many great scripts are made but the developers do not make them accessible to most users of Plus!