Shoutbox

Contact List Pictures - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Contact List Pictures (/showthread.php?tid=61878)

Contact List Pictures by shaydock on 06-28-2006 at 11:29 AM

Hi there,

Can somebody please let me know how in the new msn or Messenger Plus how to make it so that the contacts on the contact list have a display picture there instead of the green man icon?

it was in the last one but i can't see it in this one

thanks

RE: Contact List Pictures by Marky on 06-28-2006 at 11:35 AM

Can't be done - yet ;)  See the other thread here.

RE: Contact List Pictures by elmoboy on 06-28-2006 at 01:57 PM

no ur wrong...can be done..at the right side of the contact list top, click on the green arrows then click on show details, there u can see display pictures...hope this helps

RE: Contact List Pictures by Marky on 06-28-2006 at 01:59 PM

How does that satisfy "instead of the green man icon" then? :p

RE: Contact List Pictures by Zahid™ on 06-28-2006 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Marky
How does that satisfy "instead of the green man icon" then? (Smilie)
Because it lets you see the contacts display pictures instead of the green man icon 8-).
RE: Contact List Pictures by qgroessl on 06-28-2006 at 02:02 PM

With showed details it takes up ALOT more room... but you see their display pictures, nto little green men.... but some people like little green men ;)

RE: Contact List Pictures by Marky on 06-28-2006 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
quote:
Originally posted by Marky
How does that satisfy "instead of the green man icon" then? (Smilie)
Because it lets you see the contacts display pictures instead of the green man icon 8-).
With Show Details on, the green man icon is still there! shaydock asked for DPs instead of the green icon, not as well as. So my original answer still stands - see my earlier link for a patch that's being worked on that will do as shaydock asked.
RE: Contact List Pictures by qgroessl on 06-28-2006 at 02:09 PM

No... it's not still there... You've had 2 people say it worked, and one say it doesn't... If anything it's a blue man icon because it means you haven't gotten their display picture yet, or they don't have one.

RE: Contact List Pictures by elmoboy on 06-28-2006 at 02:11 PM

I agree with UTI so does it mean im right? Marky...ok juz joking i get it now..hope the patch comes out soon XD

RE: Contact List Pictures by Zahid™ on 06-28-2006 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
No... it's not still there... You've had 2 people say it worked, and one say it doesn't... If anything it's a blue man icon because it means you haven't gotten their display picture yet, or they don't have one.
No he means it there, but its not instead of the green icon its to the left of the icon, but the dp's still show.
RE: Contact List Pictures by qgroessl on 06-28-2006 at 02:14 PM

Ohh.... I got it... didn't even notice they were still there... that's the only thing (besides saying it in the name) that tells you what their status is... I dunno why they didn't just do it over the DP like last version.... but It's closer to what you wanted than not having it at all.

RE: Contact List Pictures by Marky on 06-28-2006 at 02:18 PM

I was starting to think I was hallucinating for a moment there. :D

I'm keeping an eye out for the patch that NeuralTransmitter is working on, that looks like it'll return things to how I like them. :) The DPs with Show Details on are just too big for my liking.

RE: Contact List Pictures by qgroessl on 06-28-2006 at 04:25 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61188

You must not be keeping your eye out well enough, as he's already released a first version as it's in the thread... :p