Shoutbox

Sort Groups - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Sort Groups (/showthread.php?tid=61990)

Sort Groups by exeel on 06-29-2006 at 08:17 AM

Is it just me, or can you still not move your groups around? It's in alphabetical order.
Who says I want Family all up there, while my Friends are below, etc...?

Would love to be able to move them around, so I didn't have to call the most popular group for something with A or B, to get in front of family etc :)

RE: Sort Groups by Reload2 on 06-29-2006 at 12:10 PM

You could do something like this:
Group1 "[A]- Friends"
Group2 "[B]- Family"

RE: Sort Groups by exeel on 06-29-2006 at 08:39 PM

I know, but weird that such a "solution" is needed. Must be a simple addition :) Is there anywhere I can suggest this to be added then?

RE: Sort Groups by Chris4 on 06-29-2006 at 08:43 PM

It's been suggested before. I'm sure someone will make it, in time.

Alternatively, you could learn scripting yourself :P

* Chris4 still needs to learn it 8-)

RE: Sort Groups by upsfeup on 06-29-2006 at 08:49 PM

Unfortunately this isn't achieable only with scripting. Something else would have to hook msn. I also would like to make the "Other Contacts "disapear...

RE: Sort Groups by Reload2 on 06-29-2006 at 08:52 PM

Me too, I should seriously think to learn something valuable and serious instead of only chatting on msn, IRC
@upsfeup > Click the "Manage your contact" button (the two green arrows under your dashboard (where you have your e-mail, sharing folders, etc)), then untick the "Show all contacts"

RE: RE: Sort Groups by upsfeup on 06-29-2006 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
@upsfeup > Click the "Manage your contact" button (the two green arrows under your dashboard (where you have your e-mail, sharing folders, etc)), then untick the "Show all contacts"

Already unticked. The problem is with contacts that aren't in any group. Messenger Live creates an "Other Contacts" groups and put them in there.  In 7.5 any contact that wasn't groups appeared on top of all groups. Now.. they are neglected in a ugly group that appears on the bottom of the list :(