Shoutbox

[Request] Poll script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Poll script (/showthread.php?tid=62050)

[Request] Poll script by laurenz on 06-29-2006 at 07:23 PM

I don't know why this function hasn't be asked yet, but i think its already wanted for a lot of years, and now it is easily possible!

but i don't want a easy one, such one is simple to make, even for me. no, a advanced one would be more great.

features i like to see:
a nice window were you can create/edit/delete polls.
functions like amount of allowed votes, amount of answers possible to vote and maybe more if possible.

this would be very awesome! so..
who takes this oppertunity to make a script with a high demand for it?

RE: [Request] Poll script by can16358p on 06-29-2006 at 08:04 PM

Before even starting, brainstorming any ideas about that here is a good idea.

I liked this, but I'm not such a good programmer enough to write something like that.

RE: [Request] Poll script by matty on 06-29-2006 at 08:08 PM

I dont like it. How is it a high demand script? Your the only one asking for it. Where are the polls created? Where are the polls stored?

I seriously don't see any need for this.

RE: [Request] Poll script by laurenz on 06-29-2006 at 08:25 PM

well i guess it would be possible to acces a website using javascript containing an POST.
so that the php safes it in a txt file, then the results can get out of the test file.
all possible using AJAX javascript.

RE: [Request] Poll script by Lou on 06-29-2006 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by laurenz
so that the php safes it in a txt file
Why put the information online? The scripting engine is built so you can easily save the results to a file:undecided: I myself made a poll script earlier on (in the early betas of MP!L) but I won't release it, simply because it's horrible code and it really isn't feature filled.
RE: [Request] Poll script by [Shadow] on 06-30-2006 at 12:45 AM

Hey, Lou, improve it a bit and release it, how about it? It would be quite interesting to see something new. Honestly, I never would have thought of a poll script. It doesn't need to be feature-filled, honestly. Text would be fine.

@laurenz  - Don't demand very advanced scripts unless you can state some base ideas... And there should be some hype about a simple one before even thinking of releasing an advanced one.

RE: [Request] Poll script by Lou on 06-30-2006 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [Shadow]
Hey, Lou, improve it a bit and release it, how about it?
It really isn't worth it imo. It's really easy. Just make it write to file, and add a 1 everytime an option is voted for. I'm already busy working on a big php project and a bot utilities. I might add the poll functionality to Bot utilities though:)
RE: [Request] Poll script by [Shadow] on 06-30-2006 at 12:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Originally posted by [Shadow]
Hey, Lou, improve it a bit and release it, how about it?
It really isn't worth it imo. It's really easy. Just make it write to file, and add a 1 everytime an option is voted for. I'm already busy working on a big php project and a bot utilities. I might add the poll functionality to Bot utilities though:)

Aah, that would be interesting to work it with bots. Sounds like a good idea.

And you're right; writing a simple poll script would be a piece of cake.