Shoutbox

I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! (/showthread.php?tid=62054)

I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by danny_bunny999 on 06-29-2006 at 07:57 PM

I can't see my contact's nicknames with colors!!! and i've unistalled and installed Messenger Plus! like 5 times!! it's frustrating!!!

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by melei on 06-29-2006 at 08:00 PM

This problem was already solved in ahother thread, unistall both WLM and MP!L, then erase al "Program Files" folders that are related to Messenger and install again.

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by Reload2 on 06-29-2006 at 08:02 PM

First, which version of messenger and messenger plus! do you have?
If you have MSN Messenger 7.5 or below, make sure you have Messenger Plus! 3.63
And if you have Windows Live Messenger, make sure you have Messenger Plus! Live 4.0.235

If you have Messenger Plus! Live, make sure this is checked:
[Image: mplcolor4hu.jpg]

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by Thor on 06-29-2006 at 09:08 PM

And if the contact uses the old chart system, then u will see the code if u don't switch the formatting selection in the area the reload2 showed. :)

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by Sunshine on 06-29-2006 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
And if the contact uses the old chart system, then u will see the code if u don't switch the formatting selection in the area the reload2 showed. :)
If you have WLM with Plus!Live you will see the names in colour no matter wich style you selected or your contact used.

The only thing is if you use BBCodes and your contact uses an older MSN Messenger with Plus!3 they will see the codes.

BBCodes are only parsed on WLM + Plus!Live
RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by danny_bunny999 on 06-30-2006 at 03:13 AM

thank you everyone!!! you solved my problem!!! :)

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by lander14 on 06-30-2006 at 10:45 AM

This is the same problem for me, but all of the above have been done and still the same:(

Help please!!!

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by pollux41 on 07-02-2006 at 07:42 AM

errr...i have a problem with colornick : i want to color somme letters in red, and some others in green, but i can't do this because the coloration is automatic (sorry for my awful english, i'm french)

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by Felu on 07-02-2006 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pollux41
errr...i have a problem with colornick : i want to color somme letters in red, and some others in green, but i can't do this because the coloration is automatic (sorry for my awful english, i'm french)
Just try /nick [c=4](Red)[/c][c=9](Green)[/c] or whatever you want in an conversation window.
RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by helloderhelp on 07-03-2006 at 06:43 AM

IT WORKED!!!!!! DO WAT MELEI SAID!!!!!!! it works!!!! im livin proof!! i thought it neva would buh it did..... Fanx!!!!

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by justspaz on 07-08-2006 at 08:40 PM

Nothing is working for me. I have restarted my pc, reinstalled, done EVERYTHING stated, but nothing will work. It just disappeared one day! It worked, then it just stopped! I need to get it fixed!

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by Voldemort on 07-08-2006 at 08:45 PM

Do you have smileycentral? if so, uninstall it[and do the proceadure of uninstalling and deleting their folders] ,its the cause of the problem..... or, if you dont want to uninstall it, wait a bit, a new plus! version will be released shortly....

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by justspaz on 07-08-2006 at 08:57 PM

Yes I have that(summer boredom leads to bad things) but I can't seem to find it in my program files, or anywhere really. Where can I find it to uninstall it?

RE: I'm having problems with the nicknames' colors! by Georgian on 07-09-2006 at 09:17 AM

Hello I'm french, I have the same problem but nothing you have said works... help me please !!! :)

It works when I search "cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll""
It's OK , thank you very much ;)