Shoutbox

[Request] I think i've seen the topic before, or similar -Display pictures full image - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] I think i've seen the topic before, or similar -Display pictures full image (/showthread.php?tid=62095)

[Request] I think i've seen the topic before, or similar -Display pictures full image by sianlee on 06-30-2006 at 06:17 AM

As we all know we can steal display pictures in WLM/MSN.  When you select a DP it will automaticly re-size it, but it does not create an "extra" image and store it in the temp files.   I was wondering if there was indeed a way to steal the display picture from its orignal source.   You'd think that the scripting inside WLM is similar to (psuedo code here)  <Get Display picture, re-size to 96 px x 96 px>

If you were to steal the display picture, it should steal the acutal picture, but not restrict to the size WLM has forced it to.    As with HTML, if you had an image size 200 x 200, you can post an image but say the width is 100.  Therefor the display would only be the 100 pixels, however when you save its 200.  Wouldnt this be the same case here?

I am sorry if this has already been posted, I am sure I read it somewhere but I am having trouble finding it.  Forgive me.   But its just a question I thought I would pose.  :)

RE: [Request] I think i've seen the topic before, or similar -Display pictures full image by rob_botch on 06-30-2006 at 07:33 AM

Perhaps WLM only uploads the resized image to its servers, then. I guess it is uploaded because you can view contact cards with pictures when the contact is offline. Resizing these would stop people from overloading the servers with large image files. The only stealable image would then be the smaller one.

Hope that this helps,

RE: [Request] I think i've seen the topic before, or similar -Display pictures full image by sianlee on 07-02-2006 at 11:33 AM

Thanks it does :)  What a shame though lol.

RE: [Request] I think i've seen the topic before, or similar -Display pictures full image by RaceProUK on 07-02-2006 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rob_botch
Perhaps WLM only uploads the resized image to its servers
Well, to the contacts, where it is cached :P But you got the gist of it ;)