Shoutbox

[OLD] error in instaling scripts :/ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [OLD] error in instaling scripts :/ (/showthread.php?tid=62097)

[OLD] error in instaling scripts :/ by Kenji on 06-30-2006 at 06:47 AM

every time i try to install a script i get this error message, is there a way to fix this??

[Image: 168h8n8.jpg]

RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by ramik on 06-30-2006 at 07:22 AM

What Windows version and what type of account do you have?

if you are using a restricted account (which means not admin), it will not be possible to install scripts as they go in the Program Files folder which doesn't have write permission for restricted users, either make you account admin or give write permission to the Scripts folder in Messenger Plus Live folder.

This means that MsgPlus Live should be made in a way to install scripts in a writable folder available for all users, such as per-user folder or some other place with write permission to all users...

RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by rob_botch on 06-30-2006 at 07:27 AM

It looks like you are using either a Vista beta or a patched XP build, although this is unlikely to be the problem. Are they well-known scripts, or ones which you have made? If they are yours, there may be an error in the ScriptInfo.xml file.

Hope this helps!

RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by haydos on 06-30-2006 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ramik
This means that MsgPlus Live should be made in a way to install scripts in a writable folder available for all users, such as per-user folder or some other place with write permission to all users...
This is somewhat redered useless, as the entire of Messenger Plus! Live as a whole requires an Admin account to be installed iirc.
RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by rob_botch on 06-30-2006 at 07:32 AM

Yes, but a limited user could still use MP!L. I think that it is right to put scripts in a folder to which only admins have rights to write. Scripts can, of course, be malicious and therefore admins should have responsibility over them.

RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by Kenji on 06-30-2006 at 03:32 PM

Im on windows vista beta 2 and im the admin of it too... stiil confuzed though the install fine on xp...:S

RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by ramik on 06-30-2006 at 03:38 PM

yes, because even when you are admin in vista, you still get limited user account and you need to allow apps to do things (the annoying window of allow/deny), i don't know how can you make it work.

RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by ~*McoreD*~ on 02-18-2007 at 12:26 AM

Having the same problem. Forum Search got me here.

Scripts really need to be installed per User basis so installing Scripts under User Account is possible. Could this be fixed in MsgPlus 4.2? :)

RE: error in instaling scripts :/ by MattyRid on 02-18-2007 at 01:45 AM

Oh god for crying out loud...didn't you guys already know that there are problems installing scripts with Vista?

After all here are other threads like this one:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71855
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71828

I know Dazmo is using a BETA2 version but a similar thing would occur. And yes it should be fixed in 4.20

RE: [OLD] error in instaling scripts :/ by Patchou on 02-18-2007 at 07:33 AM

This will be fixed in Messenger Plus! 4.20, sorry for the inconvinience.