Shoutbox

Messenger lock - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger lock (/showthread.php?tid=62103)

Messenger lock by snee on 06-30-2006 at 09:15 AM

The messenger lock doesn't seem to work anymore :S

I'm running XP pro SP2, messenger version 8.0.0787.00, plus version 4.0.0.235

RE: Messenger lock by Sunshine on 06-30-2006 at 09:17 AM

Doesn't work like how? What happens/doesn't happen when?

Also make sure you've got it enabled and not set a shortcut that is taken by something else.

RE: Messenger lock by markee on 06-30-2006 at 03:32 PM

Make sure that you are not using what you previously set your messenger lock shortcut to in Msg Plus! 3 and that you are using the one that is currently set (Preferences -> Messenger -> Messenger Lock).  It can be hard sometimes to forget old habbits or change it back to what you had it as.

RE: Messenger lock by Reload2 on 06-30-2006 at 03:45 PM

Yup, because the shortcut by default may be annoying for people who are typing on their computer more than one languages (Ctrl+Space is to switch English<->Chinese on my pc) So try changing your shortcut as Sunshine said :)

RE: Messenger lock by CRXed on 07-03-2006 at 09:19 AM

Messenger lock DOES work for me, but it does not completely lock messenger

When a contact in my list comes online and messenger is locked, it still displays the little window in the right-hand corner
I hope this will be fixed in the next version as well

i have msn live 8.0.0792.00 and Messenger Plus live 4.0.0.235

RE: Messenger lock by CRXed on 07-04-2006 at 09:45 AM

can someone confirm this?

RE: Messenger lock by jmccarroll on 07-12-2006 at 11:46 PM

Take a screenshot of your messenger lock preferences so we can see what settings you have.  That may help us know a little more about what is going on.

RE: Messenger lock by Nagamasa on 07-13-2006 at 05:20 AM

Or try updating  Messenger to 8.0.0792

RE: RE: Messenger lock by CRXed on 07-13-2006 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
Or try updating  Messenger to 8.0.0792

i already have that version

these are my settings:

[Image: messlock.jpg]

messenger lock does lock messneger in that it removes all open chatwindows and the main msn screen and shows the different icon in the system tray

But when somebody comes online, it still shows that notification thingie, so then my boss still know i have messenger runnings :( :P
RE: Messenger lock by Nagamasa on 07-14-2006 at 02:46 AM

hmmmmmmmmm...............

Try reinstalling both Messenger and MP!L. This worked for me on MP! 3 when not every was protected. Remember to delete the MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live folders before you reinstalll.

RE: Messenger lock by CRXed on 07-19-2006 at 10:11 AM

unfortunately is still does NOT work

i uninstalled everything and did a clean install of both the latest MSN Live and Plus!Live, but i can still see everyone coming online with the Messenger Lock engaged :(

also the customized Event notifications display a pop-up when messenger is locked

doesn't anyone else have this? ^o)

omg! i just read THIS:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63525

i think i figured it out now: i am using REMOTE DESKTOP as well and while doing that from work, messenger lock does not seems to work

When i am at home, it seems to work just fine

Patchou, can you confirm that my "bug" and the one in the outher thread ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63525 ) are related?