Shoutbox

[Beta Release] psm2dp - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Beta Release] psm2dp (/showthread.php?tid=62115)

[Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 06-30-2006 at 11:57 AM

This script downloads the cover art for the current playing song, and set it as the dp. For WMP and Winamp, possibly itunes.

To install you need an Amazon Webservice Key: https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/developer/re...04-5217842-1515162

You will now be prompted for your aws key when it is installed, this will then be stored in the registry.

I also fixed a few bugs.

To start psm2dp in one of the plus icon menus.
You must have "What im listening to" turned ON

http://svn.thedt.net/release/psm2dp.plsc

p.s for it to work with winamp: http://myplugins.info/msn-messenger-plugin.php you need a winamp plugin

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by ombadboy on 06-30-2006 at 12:15 PM

amazing script :)

nicely done

no problems whatsoever till now

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by NoMeN on 06-30-2006 at 12:48 PM

hmmm I just dont get this thing to work.

Im using:
Winamp 5.24
WLM 8.0.0792.00
MP!L 4.0.0.235
gen_msn (v0.23)

And I edited the Script line as follows:

//Config:
var AWSAccessKeyId = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

(Where xxxxxxxxxxxxx the Access Key

It not working with Winamp nor with WMP. The PSM works tho

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 06-30-2006 at 01:14 PM

ok ill have a look a make it show all the debuging to see whats wrong

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Bmw1000c on 06-30-2006 at 01:29 PM

it works 100%, it's amazing

gratz :D

edit: u must have "what i am listening to" activated.

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 06-30-2006 at 02:11 PM

updated see first post

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Voldemort on 06-30-2006 at 02:14 PM

Perfect, as the other version didnt need to turn on that, i thought it was not working here.....
its an awesome script, works better than perfect :) congrats!!!!

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by tinpiliycfa on 06-30-2006 at 04:33 PM

Hello, I don't know why but it doesn't go search for cover and don't change my picture...

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Thor on 06-30-2006 at 04:38 PM

Great script!

Good work :)

RE: RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 06-30-2006 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tinpiliycfa
Hello, I don't know why but it doesn't go search for cover and don't change my picture...

It all depends on your mp3s tags if they are not correct then i can not help you
RE: RE: RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by tinpiliycfa on 06-30-2006 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
quote:
Originally posted by tinpiliycfa

It all depends on your mp3s tags if they are not correct then i can not help you

meaning, how could I know if it's just !
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Voldemort on 06-30-2006 at 08:26 PM

Do you have the option to show what you are playing on?
Did you write you amazon code?
did you activate the script on any Plus icon... <like clicking on the icon on contact list> psm2dp > check if on>

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by noroom on 07-01-2006 at 01:27 AM

After I play a song, is the album art removed from the DP list?

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by cloudhunter on 07-01-2006 at 01:32 AM

Nope, that isn't possible from a external application or script yet.

Cloudy

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by deAd on 07-01-2006 at 01:50 AM

It's all possible, just not practical. It depresses me to see people say it's not possible. You need to use the windows crypto api to decrypt map.dat, delete that entry, and then reencrypt it. That's it, hard, but not impossible. Easy for an experienced programmer (which I am not)

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by noroom on 07-01-2006 at 05:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
It's all possible, just not practical. It depresses me to see people say it's not possible. You need to use the windows crypto api to decrypt map.dat, delete that entry, and then reencrypt it. That's it, hard, but not impossible. Easy for an experienced programmer (which I am not)
Oh really? And what password should be used to decrypt map.dat?
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 07-01-2006 at 10:39 AM

is anyone having problems with this script? if so can you post details here.
I quite like having album art in my dp llist, but no i cannot remove them.

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by NoMeN on 07-01-2006 at 10:41 AM

i dont know why its still not working. I downloaded the new script. It still aing workin! I have double checked my ID3 Tags. They are perfect. I made a search in Amazon, and everything seems fine... :(

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 07-01-2006 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NoMeN
i dont know why its still not working. I downloaded the new script. It still aing workin! I have double checked my ID3 Tags. They are perfect. I made a search in Amazon, and everything seems fine... :(

The script now debug, can you run the script and post what it says in the script debuging window?
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by NoMeN on 07-01-2006 at 12:28 PM

hmmm strange... after a reboot everything seems to work! :p

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Hyprkookeez on 07-01-2006 at 05:49 PM

Couldn't ask for a better script.
Works with my last.fm player and itunes like a charm!
Thanks alot =)

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Arobas on 07-01-2006 at 07:52 PM

I had to reply because it's a wonderful script!! :) works great with all my mp3s .. since i listen to metal/hardcore mostly, people will wonder why i have weird DP muhahah.. but who cares ;p

EDIT : Bug? when i turn off winamp, my main DP doesn't come back, instead, my DP is stick to the last album i played.

RE: RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by C0NTiNUiTY on 07-01-2006 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arobas
I had to reply because it's a wonderful script!! :) works great with all my mp3s .. since i listen to metal/hardcore mostly, people will wonder why i have weird DP muhahah.. but who cares ;p

EDIT : Bug? when i turn off winamp, my main DP doesn't come back, instead, my DP is stick to the last album i played.

I too think i had to say this is a great script. However...

like Arobas i find if i pause or quit out of Winamp my DP does not change back, yet when it encounters a song it cannot find cover art for it reverts to the original DP.

Would it be possible to make the DP revert when there is no song playin?
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by kender on 07-02-2006 at 11:30 AM

Hi.. nice script...

I think there's no need to install the winamp plugin.
I imported only the script, put the Amazon key, starting the script, and it works great!

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by kender on 07-02-2006 at 12:16 PM

mhmh is it possible, when changing the DP, to delete the old one? not the file (image caching is good), but the one in the MSN preferences:

[Image: dp5ee.jpg]

'cause i think that in the next days, i'll have a loooong list :P

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 07-02-2006 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by C0NTiNUiTY
This is a limitation with scripting, OnEvent_MyMediaChange doesnt fire when music is stopped or paused.

quote:
Originally posted by kender
mhmh is it possible, when changing the DP, to delete the old one? not the file (image caching is good), but the one in the MSN preferences:

[Image: dp5ee.jpg]

'cause i think that in the next days, i'll have a loooong list :P
This is another limitation of scripting
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Foxinou on 07-02-2006 at 09:36 PM

works great :)
but will have a big list soon :(

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by DarcSeraphim on 07-03-2006 at 07:16 AM

This is a great script, thankyou!

I was wondering though, how hard it would be to make the script read folder.jpg instead of calling amazon.

This probably wouldn't be useful for most people, but some of my albums aren't available on amazon(.com at least...), but i do have cover art for them all in their respective folders...

It's no big thing, I just thought if it was really simple, you could perhaps add it as an optional setting. Maybe "If image not found on amazon, check for folder.jpg." or vice-versa.

Anyway, nice work.

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by giken on 07-03-2006 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarcSeraphim

I was wondering though, how hard it would be to make the script read folder.jpg instead of calling amazon.

Not folder.jpg only, maybe *.jpg is better because for example my covers are named "artist - album.jpg" :)

RE: RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by C0NTiNUiTY on 07-03-2006 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarcSeraphim
This is a great script, thankyou!

This probably wouldn't be useful for most people, but some of my albums aren't available on amazon(.com at least...), but i do have cover art for them all in their respective folders...

It's no big thing, I just thought if it was really simple, you could perhaps add it as an optional setting. Maybe "If image not found on amazon, check for folder.jpg." or vice-versa.

Anyway, nice work.

for the time being what you could try is to add undetected album art manually. When i discover a song that the script cannot retrieve art for i do the following.

1) Copy the art to the folder ...\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\psm2dp\cache\
2) Rename it to Artist - Album
3) Stop Song Start it Again and hey presto the album art is now displayed

This comes in handy for multi-cd albums as the plugin has trouble finding art for mp3s tagged  "Album (disc #)" because amazon will only have the album name.
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by kender on 07-03-2006 at 03:12 PM

maybe a little bug...
if album has the Slash in the name, i think that it can't create the JPG file...
maybe some StringReplace must be done :)

code:
String: \0Music\01\0{1} - {0}\0Don't Call Me White (Nofx)\0Rancid\0Rancid/Nofx Split\0\0
Artist: Rancid
Album: Rancid/Nofx Split
Dpfile: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\psm2dp\cache\Rancid - Rancid/Nofx Split.jpg
No Image found

it's ok that the album is not on amazon (i didn't find it, and i didn't make a deep search), but i think it's wrong when the script saves the file, cause you can't use "/" in the name (in windows), and others characters (see image)

[Image: noname2sj.jpg]
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 07-03-2006 at 03:20 PM

ah yes i forgot to string replace the file string, will be fixed in the next release

RE: RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by alexp2_ad on 07-03-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
quote:
Originally posted by C0NTiNUiTY
This is a limitation with scripting, OnEvent_MyMediaChange doesnt fire when music is stopped or paused.

It's possible to check if the MyMedia is set every x seconds using a timer then revert to the previous DP though.
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by giken on 07-04-2006 at 07:13 AM

the MyMediaChange event has been improved in latest mp!l build, not it's fired on music pause/stop too :)

Now Veggie can add the ability to restore original dp when you don't listen to music anymore to his script easly :)

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by kaitlyn2004 on 07-04-2006 at 07:36 AM

i leave my music on basically 24/7

if only there was some way to clean that display picture list! :(

RE: RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by alexp2_ad on 07-04-2006 at 08:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kaitlyn2004
i leave my music on basically 24/7

if only there was some way to clean that display picture list! :(

Jeez, every day just open the DP changer, click on the bottom one and hold alt+r for a few seconds.  There, cleaned.
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by kotjze on 07-06-2006 at 02:32 AM

I don't know why, but it's saving the images as "artist - .jpg" and I haven't been able to figure out why o.o And I wanted to put my own covers in because sometimes it takes the wrong cover, but since it's somehow messing up with the album part, I can't do that.

Edit: Here's what I get with debug:

code:
Function called: OnGetScriptMenu
Function called: OnEvent_MyMediaChange
String: Winamp\0Music\01\0{0}\0The Leaving Song Pt. 2 - AFI\0AFI\0\0\0
Artist: AFI
Album:
Dpfile: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\psm2dp\cache\AFI - .jpg
Remote Image:http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000FL7B5Q.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Image Download: yes
Function called: OnEvent_MyMediaChange
String: Winamp\0Music\01\0{0}\0Bleed Black - AFI\0AFI\0\0\0
Artist: AFI
Album:
Dpfile: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\psm2dp\cache\AFI - .jpg
Not downloading image cached

And I think it's getting the wrong cover because it's not getting the album tag, but I'm too stupid to see why >.>

EDIT!!!: I fixed it! :grin: :grin: yay! I was using my own "thing" in the {0} field in the plugin, so I moved it to {3} and filled the {0} {1} and {2} with %title% %artist% and %album% and then it started working right :grin:
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by kidwizz on 07-07-2006 at 09:23 AM

do you think that when you stop WMP or close it down itrestores you original dp?

cause i keep having to change it back my self.

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Veggie on 07-07-2006 at 11:43 AM

yeah thats in the next release but requires the new beta version of mp!l im not sure when patchou will update the public version, before i release it any more features?

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by pauleapo71 on 07-07-2006 at 11:56 AM

been waiting for this 1.....

Wil it work at same time as other DP scripts? I have Random DP running?

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Chestah on 07-08-2006 at 06:11 AM

Feature Suggestion:

If the artist name / album name (not sure what data you get) are the same then don't change it back to the normal dp while waiting to download the exact same picture :P

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by giken on 07-24-2006 at 11:28 AM

any news on this script? :)

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Sam! on 08-05-2006 at 01:29 PM

I can't seem to get this working. I've done what it said. :(

I'm using WinAmp v.5.24 and the lastest version of WLM and plus. Can anyone help please?

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by C0NTiNUiTY on 08-05-2006 at 09:41 PM

excuse me if this comes off as patronising but did u click on the msgplus button on main window goto psm2dp and then clisk start?

u may have set everything up but after importing u need to manually start the script.

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Joereynolds89 on 08-05-2006 at 09:42 PM

im glad im not the unluky hoster your downloading all these dps from! :P should cache them or something :D

RE: RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by alexp2_ad on 08-05-2006 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joereynolds89
im glad im not the unluky hoster your downloading all these dps from! :P should cache them or something :D

They're from Amazon... :P  And it does cache them doesn't it??
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Joereynolds89 on 08-05-2006 at 09:50 PM

im not sure i dont use the script, but id imagine there cached, but the script would redownload them everytime the song/album is played? thats why you have a wait before you get the relevant dp? im hoping im correct in saying that anyway! but im sure amazon wont be worried about a little bit of bandiwdth unless every plus user downloads this thing :P

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by kotjze on 08-05-2006 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joereynolds89
im not sure i dont use the script, but id imagine there cached, but the script would redownload them everytime the song/album is played? thats why you have a wait before you get the relevant dp? im hoping im correct in saying that anyway! but im sure amazon wont be worried about a little bit of bandiwdth unless every plus user downloads this thing :P
It checks to see if the image for Artist - Album is in "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\psm2dp\cache" and if not, it downloads it from Amazon. This way, if the script shows the wrong cover art you can just download the right one, rename it to Artist - Album and put it in that folder.
RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Joereynolds89 on 08-05-2006 at 10:24 PM

Ok :D thanks for confirming that Kotjze, ignore all my posts, all wrong :D

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by icepick66 on 08-24-2006 at 08:03 AM

im getting this error in the debug window:
Error: Object required.
       Line: 88. Code: -2146827864.
Function called: OnGetScriptMenu

RE: [Beta Release] psm2dp by Calavera on 05-21-2007 at 08:31 PM

The download link is down?