Shoutbox

Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) (/showthread.php?tid=62139)

Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by glenn30 on 06-30-2006 at 03:17 PM

Win XP SP2 w/latest updates
Windows Live Messenger Ver. 8.0
Messenger Plus! Live!

Chat log feature does not save the chat session.  I am using encryption and can get into the file but the chat session is not there.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Suggestions or fix is appreciated!

Thanks!
Glenn30

:$ May have solved this :$

I think it is a setting in "Windows Live Messenger".  Cannot test it yet but will report back... here is what I did:

Opened Win Live Messenger... choose>Tools>Options>Messages Tab> Then:
Check "Auto keep a history of my conversations"> Then update the section "Save my conversations in this folder".  In my case it is:

C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\My Documents\My Chats

Am more than a little :$ and will report back.  Feel confident this will do the trick.

glenn30

7/2/2006
P.S. After further investigation it is the Encryption that does not work.  I am getting unencrypted .xml format rather than .ple format that is the encrypted form.
RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by Thor on 06-30-2006 at 04:33 PM

Hope it'll work! :)

If not, make sure you have selected a folder which u do have acces to in the Plus! settings. :)

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by glenn30 on 06-30-2006 at 05:21 PM

Thanks!  I did have the correct setting in Messenger Plus... think that is what tricked my mind into not realizing there was a setting in Windows Live Messenger as well.

Maybe this episode will help someone else!

Thanks again,

Glenn30

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by dutch109 on 07-01-2006 at 06:16 PM

I have exactly the same problem, but the empty ple files disappear when I disconnect.
I tried checking "Auto keep a history of my conversations" in msg live but the problem is still there.

Can someone help me ?

(excuse my english, I'm french)

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by glenn30 on 07-01-2006 at 11:10 PM

Dutch109

Your English is just fine. :)  In my instructions above... did you change the path where you want your chats saved in the area just below where you checked "Automatically keep a history of my conversations"?  Sorry Dutch that I cannot be of more help.

I made the changes mentioned above and now my chats are saved but I have another anomaly.  The files are not encrypted as I thought and are open for anyone to read by simply clicking on the file.  Does anyone know how to correct this so all chat files are encrypted?  Nitrolinken, where are you... maybe you know the answer. ;)

Glenn30

RE: RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by dutch109 on 07-02-2006 at 10:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by glenn30
In my instructions above... did you change the path where you want your chats saved in the area just below where you checked "Automatically keep a history of my conversations"?

Yes, I did. The logs of Msg Live are saved (xml format), but there are no Msg Plus! Live encrypted logs (ple format). :S
RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by nitrofoliz on 07-02-2006 at 06:58 PM

Hello, I have the same problem.

In Msgplus Live, I choose to save conversations in TXT format. When I am talking with my contacts, a TXT file appears, but nothing in it, and when I close the conversation, the file disappears.

In MSN Live, I select to enable chat log, but nothing changes.

Is this a bug ?

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by Thor on 07-02-2006 at 08:42 PM

Could u take a screenshot of the settings, so that I'm sure how it is?

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live by glenn30 on 07-02-2006 at 09:02 PM

Hope this works.

http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenhunter0119cv.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenhunter0129uo.jpg

Thanks and let me know if you can do anything with this.  If needed we can handle direct by e-mail or MSN chat.

Thanks again,

glenn30

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by nitrofoliz on 07-08-2006 at 10:50 AM

UP : for me, always the same problem, chat logs in TXT format are not saved.

Anyone have a solution ?

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by Felu on 07-08-2006 at 12:22 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=689706]
If you get this, see if you can use other features of MP!L like emotcion sounds, colored nicknames(viewing), etc. If you cant then-

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi,

many of you are currently reporting problems about sounds not working, commands not been recognised, quick texts failing, etc... most of these problems tend to be caused by Messenger patches that remove too many thigns from the Messenger interface (like Clean Messenger). If you're experiencing this kind of issue, please uninstall Windows Live Messenger, delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" and reinstall it from Microsoft's web site.

[Edit by WDZ: Another possible solution posted by -!Felu!- here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?pid=678813]

I'm currently working on possible ways to make Messenger Plus! Live more "patch friendly" but in the meantime, remember to always ensure that you are using a clean Messenger before you report any problem.

Thank you,
Patchou

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by nitrofoliz on 07-08-2006 at 12:48 PM

Yes, that is correct, I had patched Live Messenger, and now, after uninstall and reinstall Live Messenger, all is OK.

Thanks for your help ;-)

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by dutch109 on 07-08-2006 at 01:52 PM

Thanks -!Felu!- !!
I had patched Windows Live Messenger with Clean Messenger, and reinstalling WLM without patching solves my problem.
Thanks again.

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by argon007 on 07-09-2006 at 06:00 AM

When I chat with the people on WLM 8.0.0.0792 with Messenger Plus! Live 4.0.0.235, the first line of the conversation won't be recorded. is it a bug?

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by bluefishap on 07-09-2006 at 02:32 PM

That's happening to me as well.  Slightly different though in that the first half of the conversation everything will save...but then if I close the window at anytime it stops saving when the person replies back to me!  Just shows my end of the conversation. :(

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both WindowsLive and MsgPlus!Live and still having the same problems.  No added scripts or anything like that.

RE: Chat logs NOT SAVED! Msg Plus! Live (See P.S.) by argon007 on 07-10-2006 at 02:40 AM

yeah, i have the same situtation with you.

anyway, the messenger plus live is very good to use.