Shoutbox

Problem regarding the Operating System - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem regarding the Operating System (/showthread.php?tid=62142)

Problem regarding the Operating System by bakalhau on 06-30-2006 at 03:40 PM

I have Windows XP SP2 on my computer, yet when I'm installing the Live version of Messenger Plus!, it says I must have Windows XP or higher. It then askes me if I want to install another version of Messenger Plus!, which works just fine.

Is this some sort of bug...? Thanks in advance.

RE: Problem regarding the Operating System by RaceProUK on 06-30-2006 at 03:47 PM

Are you sure you downloaded a clean version from wwwmsgpluslive.net? Try clearing your Temp Internet Files/browser cache, and downloading again.

RE: Problem regarding the Operating System by bakalhau on 06-30-2006 at 04:14 PM

Yes I am sure. I cleaned them as you told me to, but the same error comes up... jeez.

RE: Problem regarding the Operating System by Dragunov on 06-30-2006 at 06:58 PM

stupid question, which Messenger do u use?

RE: Problem regarding the Operating System by bakalhau on 06-30-2006 at 07:34 PM

I do use one of the compatible versions, it's the .0792 version.

Still, that should have nothing to do with this problem, as I'm using Windows XP and it won't recognize it. Jeez, sometimes such an easy thing as this causes problems too...

Edit: Problem solved. It seems a reboot did the trick, lol.