Shoutbox

BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 (/showthread.php?tid=62147)

BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 by Shaggie on 06-30-2006 at 04:13 PM

Does MsgPlus 3.63 understand and display text properly using BBCodes?

I ask this because I know several people that have an nonXP OS and cannot upgrade soon.

If not then this means that I cannot properly communicate with them since I have Live.

Also, I have it set to use the old style codes, but the colour picker only wants to use the BBCodes.

Shaggie

RE: BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 by Reload2 on 06-30-2006 at 04:39 PM

No they can't :( But there should be a last update for MsgPlus! 3 for people not using 8.0 being able to display bbcodes, because we look silly on our nicknames with bbcode :S

RE: BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 by Shaggie on 07-05-2006 at 09:52 PM

Is there a reason why the colour picker only wants to use the BBCode format.

RE: BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 by matty on 07-05-2006 at 10:09 PM

Its easier for people to understand?

Why not just remove the bbcode and press CTRL+K that will insert the old IRC style characters.

RE: BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 by Sunshine on 07-05-2006 at 10:12 PM

Shaggie you can still use the irc style formatting...for some reason the panels only parse BBcode, this might be bettered in future versions.

However there is one panel that does parse irc style coding, if you got that set in preferences as the format to use, and that's when in a conversation you type ctrl+r. So you can set your nick from there as usual with /nick<space><ctrl+r><newnickhere><enter>

RE: BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 by Shaggie on 07-07-2006 at 07:23 PM

That is very wierd.  Isn't this the same panel?  I think this is a bug.

RE: BBCodes and MsgPlus 3.63 by RaceProUK on 07-07-2006 at 07:37 PM

It isn't a bug: the toolbar panel selects BBCode, as that's the easy one to use. The Ctrl+R panel uses IRC codes, as users who use shortcut keys tend to be more knowledgable.