Shoutbox

[Request] Auto-Update Feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Auto-Update Feature (/showthread.php?tid=62150)

[Request] Auto-Update Feature by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-30-2006 at 04:47 PM

Hey, even though msg plus! live is only a week old, i have managed to accumalate my fair share of scripts.
Well seeing as plus is still so young, and the scripts even more so, its highly likely that updated version of each script will be relased in the near future.

Well with that it mind, i was wonding if some kind of auto-update for scripts could be developed; or if script writers could code this into their scripts.
Similer to the update feature for firefox extensions.

Will this be too hard, pose a security risk, or simply not doable. (its just i dont want to check each script for an update or thread every week)

RE: [Request] Auto-Update Feature by Sypher on 06-30-2006 at 04:57 PM

-dt- has an update script in his Now Playing and his RSS Reader.. Maybe you may use it for your own scripts :)

RE: [Request] Auto-Update Feature by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 07-01-2006 at 01:55 PM

Well i wish other developers added to their scripts. It would save alot of time for the average user

RE: [Request] Auto-Update Feature by mathieumg on 07-02-2006 at 05:32 AM

But to avoid repetition, it would indeed be interesting for Plus! to have a built-in script versions manager. It would only require to add a versionning system (not a bad idea to avoid confusion) and an url to get the latest version/file of the script, all of this could be stored in the ScriptInfo.xml