Shoutbox

NickChange BUG - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: NickChange BUG (/showthread.php?tid=62160)

NickChange BUG by ulyxes on 06-30-2006 at 06:20 PM

Hi! I noticed the following bug in NickChanger version 1.0 script for MsgPlus:
When NickChanger is activated and randomising different nicknames, if I set my messenger status to a personalized status setting the status tag for example to "@city", messenger first shows the tag at the end of the nickname, but as soon as NickChanger replaces the current nickname with another one the status tag is no more there. I immagine this is because of the fact that the status tag is simply a part of the nickname enclosed by "{" and "}", so isn't there a way to identify the status tag and keep it even if NickChanger replaces the nickname? 

RE: NickChange BUG by Voldemort on 06-30-2006 at 06:24 PM

When reporting script bugs, please report them on their own thread, as the author can see the bug faster, and to prevent people from confusing as this is a Script Bug, not Msg Plus! Live.

RE: NickChange BUG by J-Thread on 06-30-2006 at 06:37 PM

By the time that post was done, there wasn't a "official thread" yet, because I wasn't at home to create one;) There's one here now, please post there for more info.

I'll add it to the TODO list, I can include something just like the prefix, but then for after the name (is Postfix a good work for that?^o)). I'll wait till I got some more things to add before I'll release a newer version (I am not sure if I will).

RE: NickChange BUG by ulyxes on 06-30-2006 at 06:42 PM

Sorry, I didn't got that. I'll re-post the same in this new threat. Thanks