Shoutbox

unable to login to login to msn messenger server - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: unable to login to login to msn messenger server (/showthread.php?tid=62183)

unable to login to login to msn messenger server by BEWARE^^ on 06-30-2006 at 10:04 PM

well i am unable to join the msn messenger server i cet a code 80004005 when i wanna use msn messenger live is there anything that could solve the problem

RE: unable to login to login to msn messenger server by Chris4 on 06-30-2006 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Part of your Messenger client cache may be corrupted.

To attempt to fix, close down Messenger if it's running, click Start, then Run, and type the
following:
%userprofile%\contacts
and click OK.

If nothing appears in the folder, click the Tools menu, then Options, then View tab, click
'Show hidden files or folders' and click OK. Once you are able to see the folders,
right-click the one that corresponds to your Passport and choose Delete.

Next, click Start, then Run, and type the following:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Then remove the corresponding folder again in this folder.

Then restart Messenger and try signing in again.
Source
RE: unable to login to login to msn messenger server by BEWARE^^ on 07-01-2006 at 04:46 PM

anyone else any idea's

RE: unable to login to login to msn messenger server by Reload2 on 07-01-2006 at 04:52 PM

click Start, then Run, and type the following:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger
and delete all stuffs in the folder.

RE: unable to login to login to msn messenger server by Sypher on 07-01-2006 at 04:58 PM

1) This topic is in the wrong category.. This is the Messenger PLUS! Help & Support. It should be Here
2) This problem is also mentioned in the Messenger Plus! Live Faq in order to stop this kind of topics..

RE: unable to login to login to msn messenger server by BEWARE^^ on 07-01-2006 at 04:58 PM

i got a folder with my email address and a activesharingfolder.dat file

in the address folder are 3 other maps contacts, sharing folders and a hidden map called sharingmetadata wich one should i take

RE: unable to login to login to msn messenger server by Reload2 on 07-01-2006 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
i got a folder with my email address and a activesharingfolder.dat file

in the address folder are 3 other maps contacts, sharing folders and a hidden map called sharingmetadata wich one should i take
Delete all. But it will delete your sharing folders too. I used to have this problem and deleting the Windows Live Contacts folder didn't work for me but this one worked :)

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
1) This topic is in the wrong category.. This is the Messenger PLUS! Help & Support. It should be Here
2) This problem is also mentioned in the Messenger Plus! Live Faq in order to stop this kind of topics..
Well I think the solution in the FAQ didn't work for him/her because Chris4 proposed it and she's still asking for support
RE: unable to login to login to msn messenger server by BEWARE^^ on 07-01-2006 at 05:09 PM

hmmmm strange :/ but it worked this time :) thnx