Shoutbox

Auto-Accept Request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Auto-Accept Request (/showthread.php?tid=62230)

Auto-Accept Request by larc on 07-01-2006 at 11:05 AM

I have been using the Plus with windows live messeger for a week... all seems work except the auto-accept with the video call... If you start your partnerīs cam using the option in the picture is ok, but using the video call option It starts the call...and ring but the auto-accept request is not working... someone know how can I solve it?. Thanks!

RE: Auto-Accept Request by RaceProUK on 07-01-2006 at 01:59 PM

I think it's because video calls are Internet Telephony, not a conversation activity. Therefore, they are entirely separate from conversations.

RE: Auto-Accept Request by lumpy1067 on 07-02-2006 at 06:06 AM

A few of us also have the same problem which is documented on another thread...We have answered the questions asked regarding the auto-accept of the video calls and no one has yet responded to give us a solution or to even let us know if it is being checked into.... and the auto-accept for video calls worked on the older version.....I guess what I  and others would like to know is...will there be a fix for this issue soon or should we uninstall this version and go back to the old version......A response would be very much appreciated.....Thank You in advance...

RE: Auto-Accept Request by RaceProUK on 07-02-2006 at 02:10 PM

Video Calls are new as of WLM. In previous versions, you set up the video and audio separately. Therefore, there is no issue: Plus! is behaving correctly.

What you guys want is not an auto-accept for video calls, but an auto-pickup. After all, it is Internet Telephony.

RE: Auto-Accept Request by jjclipz on 07-03-2006 at 04:14 AM

Yes, it looks like auto-accept is not working on the new version.  I have to go back to version 7.5.

Video call is not new.  It was called "video conversation" on version 7.5 and you don't have setup video and audio separately. 

I did some test with video calling a version 7.5 from 8.0 and 7.5 did auto-accept the video call.  But if it's the other way around - 8.0 doesn't auto-accept. 

It looks like I just have to use 7.5 for now until someone figure it out.   Please let me know if someone has fixed it.  Thanks guys.

RE: Auto-Accept Request by RaceProUK on 07-03-2006 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jjclipz
Video call is not new.  It was called "video conversation" on version 7.5
Video call is new: it's a VoIP service like Skype. The old video conversation is like NetMeeting, which came long before VoIP.

Think of video call as a videophone, and video conversation as webcam and mike. Then you'll see the difference ;)
RE: Auto-Accept Request by Patchou on 07-03-2006 at 09:48 PM

Things have indeed changed in the new Windows Live Messenger .However, auto-accept is still supposed to work so it's been fixed in version 4.01. Sorry for not replying sooner :).

RE: Auto-Accept Request by lumpy1067 on 07-03-2006 at 10:03 PM

Thank you so much for replying to our questions Patchou and I am extremely happy that it is being fixed.....Thanks again, I believe you have made my day.......:)

RE: Auto-Accept Request by No1KHarvickFan on 07-04-2006 at 12:31 AM

Thank you so much for straightening out our problems Patchou.
Any idea when the fix will be available?

RE: Auto-Accept Request by jjclipz on 07-06-2006 at 06:27 AM

Thanks Patchou!

RE: Auto-Accept Request by nmetcher on 07-22-2009 at 11:59 PM

This is not working again.

Have recently done a clean install of Windows. Have installed latest version of WLM and latest version of MPL and it will auto accept file transfers, webcam view requests but no video calls and no voice calls.

Please help

Cheers

RE: Auto-Accept Request by Patchou on 07-23-2009 at 04:44 AM

I'll check it out :)