Shoutbox

[Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] (/showthread.php?tid=62235)

[Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by NiteMare on 07-01-2006 at 12:01 PM

As Requested in here: countdown

i've created a Countdown script that places it in your Personal message

the Personal message is customizable, and so is how often it updates

5 basic commands do tha same thing the menu buttons do:

!cdEnable = Enables the counter and saves the current PSM
!cdDisable = Disables the counter and restores the orginal PSM
!cdConfig = Opens the configuration panel, which is pretty simple
!cdPrint = Send your psm in the conversation, but only when the counter is active
!cdUpdate = updates the counter manualy*New*

Warning: the lower the refreash rate, the more flooded your Chat logs will be, i recommend using a value of 5 minutes or more

Enjoy

[Image: Screen-shot6.gif]

Update:
****Version 3.0.25****
-fixed a bug with the final message feature

****Version 3.0.17****
-Fixed one minor bug with the preview button

****Version 3.0.16****
New Major Release, including half a dozen new features/options, code updates, and minor bug fixes
-Minor bug fixes
-Little cleaner code
-New Feature - Preview window: to preview what changes will look like in your Personal message/NickName
-New Feature - InConversation Tag: which allows you to use (!cd mm/dd/yyy
hh:mm:ss) in the middle of any sentence to display a counter
-New Option: do not refreash when there are no contacts online, this saves some flodding in your logs
-New Option: the option of weather or not to disable the timer when all values are zero
-New Feature: added %D value (note: must be capitalized or it will mean the days value), thisallows you to enter a word that means "ago" or "since" for a count up timer
-New Option: the option of weather or not to remove the counter when disabled

***Version 2.9.0***
-added functions to calculate years months and weeks
-reorganized the config panel

***Version 2.8.0***
-Fixed a known issue involving the counter adding 30 days too meny(only happening near the end of each month

***Version 2.7.0***
-added ability to put the counter in the nickname, psm or both

***Version 2.6.0***
-fixed a bug in the move zeros function

***Version 2.5.0***
-fixed a bug in the disabling of the timer

***Version 2.4.0***
-Auto Update Checker add, thanks to -dt-'s help

***Version 2.3***
-Added option to have 0 values removed

***Version 2.2***
-Plural system revampt, to allow for any language, altho you can not use } or / inside the tags
-Setting are now PER E-MAIL ADDRESS, so multiple users can use the script

***Version 2.1***
-fixed bug in disabling counter
-addd display toasts for enabling, disabling, and at the countdowns end

***Version 2.0****
New features:

Count Up - you can also count upwards in addition to downwards, the setting is located in the config window

Final Message - apon reaching zero, in count down mode, the script will disable the counter, and put your own message in your PSM, again, the message is settable in the config window

Reset Personal Message - located in the menus, if selected, it will reset the psm to the original message

Also a few minor bugs fixed

***Known Issues***
- near the end of the month, the counter may add or subtract 30 days, from the actual time remaining, the bug appers in both up and down directions, and as far as i can see, can't be traced. it only happens for a day or two then returns to normal, if anybody knows a fix for this please tell me right away
  Fixed

RE: [Releace] CountDown by John Anderton on 07-01-2006 at 12:02 PM

:o ..... looks nice ... a few screen shots with the release would have been better :P Still .... i like it :)

* John Anderton downloads to try :cheesy:

RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-01-2006 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
:o ..... looks nice ... a few screen shots with the release would have been better :P Still .... i like it :)

* John Anderton downloads to try :cheesy:
i've been up for like 30 hours, give me a break, i'll take 1 in a minute:P
RE: [Releace] CountDown by jameslives on 07-01-2006 at 12:05 PM

good job nitemare

RE: [Release] CountDown by Felu on 07-01-2006 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare - Thread title
[Releace] CountDown

:lol: :dodgy:

Good script btw ;)(Y)
RE: [Releace] CountDown by jameslives on 07-01-2006 at 12:08 PM

lol bad spelling
Releace
i suppose the being up 30 hours caused that

RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-01-2006 at 12:08 PM

theres the screen shot

time for bed if i can make it

good luck with the wedding, luckie

RE: [Releace] CountDown by FineWolf on 07-01-2006 at 06:09 PM

NiteMare, I would recommand you to save your settings in the registry instead of in a file... Scripting.FileSystemObject is not marked as safe and it blocked by default on Windows XP SP2 machines, preventing your script to work. If you need help on using the registry, I can help you out. Contact me.

RE: [Releace] CountDown by hmaster on 07-01-2006 at 06:21 PM

You spelt refresh wrong. Nice script (Y)

RE: [Releace] CountDown by DRaGoM on 07-01-2006 at 07:47 PM

doesn't work for me :s I don't know how to explain the problem in english :S

RE: [Releace] CountDown by Knucks on 07-01-2006 at 08:22 PM

I have noticed that when you try and change the "Refresh Rate in Minutes" option, up/down arrows appear which basically fill the box beside it. (Cannot see anything :P)

RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-01-2006 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Knuckles
I have noticed that when you try and change the "Refresh Rate in Minutes" option, up/down arrows appear which basically fill the box beside it. (Cannot see anything :P)

that only happend when you go over 99 minutes, i'll fix it for later
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
NiteMare, I would recommand you to save your settings in the registry instead of in a file... Scripting.FileSystemObject is not marked as safe and it blocked by default on Windows XP SP2 machines, preventing your script to work. If you need help on using the registry, I can help you out. Contact me.
what?, if its blocked by default, then why does it work for me?
quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
You spelt refresh wrong. Nice script (Y)
i thought i fixed that?:|
quote:
Originally posted by DRaGoM
doesn't work for me :s I don't know how to explain the problem in english :S
do the best you can, we'll try and figure it out
RE: [Releace] CountDown by Knucks on 07-01-2006 at 08:46 PM

Hmm, I am trying to set a CountDown for the 21st of July of this year and for some reason it is coming up with 432 days... any idea why this is happening?

RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-01-2006 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Hmm, I am trying to set a CountDown for the 21st of July of this year and for some reason it is coming up with 432 days... any idea why this is happening?
no clue, it works for me, check your system clock, maybe yoru date is off
RE: [Releace] CountDown by Re-Mi on 07-01-2006 at 09:06 PM

i got the same problem i wanted to set it to 6pm 14 july 2006 and it came up with 350+ days ..

Fix it :P ;)

Please (f)

RE: [Releace] CountDown by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Works for me, but NiteMare, I thought you were sleeping? :P
RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-01-2006 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Simple me
i got the same problem i wanted to set it to 6pm 14 july 2006 and it came up with 350+ days ..

Please (f)

i have no idea whats going on with yours, it works fine for me

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
quote:
quote:
Works for me, but NiteMare, I thought you were sleeping? :P

i was, earlyer
RE: RE: [Releace] CountDown by Re-Mi on 07-01-2006 at 09:32 PM

quote:
quote:

Please (f)

i have no idea whats going on with yours, it works fine for me

Maybe a stupid suggestion i think it con't be it but could it be something with the different language versions of windows, maybe the way the time is generated (24 hour clock 12 hour clock ) or the timezone's people life in i have +1:00:00 gtm.

Just trying to help, because i would really like to see this fixed but i have no clue what to tell you other that .. it's broken :P

RE: [Releace] CountDown by dylan! on 07-01-2006 at 09:36 PM

hmm there's already a script to countdown... how about making on that counts up?? lik I haven't taken a shower in 1 year 2 days and 23 minutes? and it counts up instead of down?

other thread is here

RE: [Releace] CountDown by ddunk on 07-01-2006 at 09:43 PM

Few things: By default, the personal message field is set to "%d Day{d} %h Hour{h} %m Minute{m} %s Seconds{s}" which creates a double "s" at the end when seconds > 1.

Be consistent with your capitalization. "Count down Time (24 Hour Clock)" -- either have it all in caps or only the first word (the latter is preferred, happens in a few other places too)

RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-01-2006 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Few things: By default, the personal message field is set to "%d Day{d} %h Hour{h} %m Minute{m} %s Seconds{s}" which creates a double "s" at the end when seconds > 1.

i thought i fixed that, gah, i'll release another one later
RE: [Releace] CountDown by FineWolf on 07-02-2006 at 12:15 AM

Prob. something modified your default settings Nite... I sure it was maked as unsafe in one of the recent patches, I have the KB document somewhere as I had a recent problem with one of my web applications using that object.

As for the bug with the 365+ days, its a localisation problem. Use the setYear, setDate, setMonth, setHours, setMinutes, setSeconds methods instead of passing a String to fix it...

My offer for the registry still stands. I have modified your script localy to make it work, all I did was modify the prefStore class, so the rest of your code stays the same.

RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-02-2006 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Prob. something modified your default settings Nite... I sure it was maked as unsafe in one of the recent patches, I have the KB document somewhere as I had a recent problem with one of my web applications using that object.

As for the bug with the 365+ days, its a localisation problem. Use the setYear, setDate, setMonth, setHours, setMinutes, setSeconds methods instead of passing a String to fix it...

My offer for the registry still stands. I have modified your script localy to make it work, all I did was modify the prefStore class, so the rest of your code stays the same.

the prefStore Class is a general one that -dt- made, i'm busy right now, but i might look in ot the registry thing later

as for the other days bug, i'll give it a try later tonight

send me your WLM address
RE: [Releace] CountDown by P4R4D0x on 07-02-2006 at 08:22 AM

I can't change the date, I select December 7th, 2006 from the calendar, set date and close, then go back into the configuration box and the date is 12/07/2006, what's going down with this?

RE: [Releace] CountDown by rickth64 on 07-02-2006 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
I can't change the date, I select December 7th, 2006 from the calendar, set date and close, then go back into the configuration box and the date is 12/07/2006, what's going down with this?

That is because december 7th is 12/7/2006  and july 12th is 7/12/2006
RE: [Releace] CountDown by Knucks on 07-02-2006 at 08:39 AM

stupid date format ¬_¬ :<

EDIT: Hmm, i go to change the date and the format of the date is the one i expected (dd/mm/yyyy)

RE: [Releace] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-02-2006 at 08:50 AM

quote:
stupid date format ¬_¬ :<

EDIT: Hmm, i go to change the date and the format of the date is the one i expected (dd/mm/yyyy)

Personaly i like to see the month first (mm/dd/yyyy) because thats what you say first (ie July 2nd,3006)

but if lots of people want it, i'll consiter alternatives

i'm just waiting for FineWolf to wake up so we can fix that bug
RE: RE: [Releace] CountDown by P4R4D0x on 07-02-2006 at 09:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rickth64
quote:

That is because december 7th is 12/7/2006  and july 12th is 7/12/2006

But you didn't answer me, I want December 7th but it keeps changing back to July 12th??
RE: [Release] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-02-2006 at 09:22 AM

quote:
But you didn't answer me, I want December 7th but it keeps changing back to July 12th??
no its not setting it to july 12th, 12/07/2006 is in mm/dd/yyyy format. thus 12 = December, 07 = 7th

run the count down, it should go to the right day
RE: RE: [Release] CountDown by P4R4D0x on 07-02-2006 at 09:25 AM

quote:
quote:
no its not setting it to july 12th, 12/07/2006 is in mm/dd/yyyy format. thus 12 = December, 07 = 7th

run the count down, it should go to the right day

it keeps saying that the date i want whgich is the 7th of December this year is in 9 days
RE: RE: [Releace] CountDown by Re-Mi on 07-02-2006 at 10:00 AM

quote:

Personaly i like to see the month first (mm/dd/yyyy) because thats what you say first (ie July 2nd,3006)

but if lots of people want it, i'll consiter alternatives

i'm just waiting for FineWolf to wake up so we can fix that bug

F#ck never tought of that, that should solve my problem with the 200+ days in my counter. :dodgy: date stamps.

* Re-Mi slaps myself

I woul prefer dd/mm/yyyy because here we say the day first like 2 july 2006.

When i'm home i will test it right away.

But if you and Finewolf could make an option to choose between the 2 date stamps. .

Thanks in advance,

Simple me
RE: [Release] CountDown by luckie on 07-02-2006 at 11:44 AM

Many thanks!!

But i have dowloaded and unziped it and tried to install it  with the script menu from plus but plus don´t recognized the scripts files.....I think i´ll do someting wrong...

RE: [Release] CountDown by Llama_dude on 07-02-2006 at 12:04 PM

me too, i cant get it to work, i can normally do this, but id be appreciatitive for some help on what to do after downloading it.

RE: [Release] CountDown by Tartooob on 07-02-2006 at 12:05 PM

Woohoo,, wonderful job buddy

RE: [Release] CountDown by Re-Mi on 07-02-2006 at 12:13 PM

Well, if you download the file, it should come up as a picto with the MP!L logo, and not as a zip file, just click it and let plus install it. you don't need to unzip it. atleast that is how it worked for me.

If it's not a MP!L icon after download assosiate ( or whatever the way you spell it) with Plus! right click on the file, properties and change the open with, with the puls opener ( i think you have to search for it).

i hope it helped you

RE: [Release] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-02-2006 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Llama_dude
me too, i cant get it to work, i can normally do this, but id be appreciatitive for some help on what to do after downloading it.
quote:
Originally posted by luckie
Many thanks!!

But i have dowloaded and unziped it and tried to install it  with the script menu from plus but plus don´t recognized the scripts files.....I think i´ll do someting wrong...
when you download it MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS A .PLSC FILE

this might solve your problem, you do not need to unzip anything, the script package installs its self, unfortunatly some browsers think the files are zip files

so when you download it, save it to say...your desktop, click save as type, and select all files, then make sure the end of the file name is .plsc NOT .zip

once it downloads, run it, and plus!live should install it for you.

mind you i have had reports that its not working, and i'm trying to fix the bugs, i'll releace and update later on
RE: [Release] CountDown by luckie on 07-02-2006 at 01:51 PM

Thanks nitemare, it works fine!!!!!!!!!;)

RE: [Release] CountDown by benjyrama on 07-02-2006 at 03:16 PM

i think you added an s on seconds so it comes up as secondss in the psm. secondly, if the psm refreshes every minute at its minimum, then what is the point of seconds being displayed?

RE: [Release] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-02-2006 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
i think you added an s on seconds so it comes up as secondss in the psm.

you can esily change that your self in the config window

quote:
secondly, if the psm refreshes every minute at its minimum, then what is the point of seconds being displayed?
quote:

you should have been able to set the minutes as a decimal and refresh every .5 of a minute, and so on, but a bug prevenst that, i've fixed it though

RE: [Release] CountDown by weeeee on 07-02-2006 at 07:07 PM

hey, i'm trying to configurate the countdown to a day in this month but the result is like 522 days or so, maybe that there is an error or that i have to configurate in a special mode if you can revise it.. thanks and sorry if this question has been answered before.

RE: [Release] CountDown by The Game on 07-02-2006 at 08:13 PM

at me it didn't work too. i don't know why.

RE: [Release] CountDown by Foxinou on 07-02-2006 at 09:22 PM

Does not work here (french computer)
It says 548 days.... (i set the date to august 2006....)

RE: [Release] CountDown by The Game on 07-02-2006 at 10:16 PM

i don't know but it is open source? we can develop togeher

RE: [Release] CountDown by NiteMare on 07-02-2006 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Game
i don't know but it is open source? we can develop togeher
please do NOT redistribute a modifyed version of my script, i'm wokring on fixing out all the bugs
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: 07/02/2006 10 pm GMT-4] by NiteMare on 07-03-2006 at 01:00 AM

i've updated it, please give it a try see if that fixes the problems

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.81] by The Game on 07-03-2006 at 10:06 AM

It works now. thanks!

but can u add to the "plurals" an 'e' for the days and 'n' for hours/minutes/seconds for german user?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.81] by Llama_dude on 07-03-2006 at 10:26 AM

Id APPRECIATE IT if someone would send would write the script o na reply for me, as my downlaod failed. If someone write the script on here for me, ill make it and enable it myself,
thanks,

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.81] by NiteMare on 07-03-2006 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Game
It works now. thanks!

but can u add to the "plurals" an 'e' for the days and 'n' for hours/minutes/seconds for german user?
i'll see what i can do

quote:
Id APPRECIATE IT if someone would send would write the script o na reply for me, as my downlaod failed. If someone write the script on here for me, ill make it and enable it myself,
thanks,
simply pasting the script here wont work, try clearing your cashe, and then trying the download again
RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.81] by Re-Mi on 07-03-2006 at 10:53 AM

quote:
thanks,

Nah that's not going to work, it contains 5 files if you donwload it, so please try to download again, or ask someone to e-mail you the plsc file ( i cannot do it i'm at work)

@ Nitemare, Can you modify the script so that when you open  config countdown (or something like that i'm at work i cant check it) in the editting text panel it will remember your last counter.
for example:
%d dayys %h hours and %minuts to go.

there are 2 spelling mistakes and i want to correct them but the i have to type over the whole sentence.

I hope you understand me, ( i have a english blackout :p)

Greetz,

Simple me
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.81] by NiteMare on 07-03-2006 at 11:08 AM

quote:
@ Nitemare, Can you modify the script so that when you open  config countdown (or something like that i'm at work i cant check it) in the editting text panel it will remember your last counter.
for example:
%d dayys %h hours and %minuts to go.

it should do that already...

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.85] by NiteMare on 07-03-2006 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jexel
i have a suggestion that will probably make your script even better and probably not that hard to implement.

Instead of making just a countdown also implement a counter :)
i've consitered that for version 2
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.85] by Foxinou on 07-03-2006 at 07:01 PM

Thanks, now that works for french Xp :)

Good work !

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.85] by linx05 on 07-06-2006 at 05:43 PM

Loving this script! But a little problem. When typing in the commands (!cdConfig etc) you have to enter it exactly like that. Keeping the capitals. I know I could just go through and change it myself, but could you do it so we can just type !cdprint and still have it print out the count down please?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.85] by NiteMare on 07-06-2006 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Loving this script! But a little problem. When typing in the commands (!cdConfig etc) you have to enter it exactly like that. Keeping the capitals. I know I could just go through and change it myself, but could you do it so we can just type !cdprint and still have it print out the count down please?

i guess i could make it case insensitive, if thats what your refuring to

[Edit:]Done, it will be releaced with version 2
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 1.85] by koen14 on 07-07-2006 at 08:04 PM

Hello,
I got a problem translating the CountDown timer to dutch.
Because you get an 's' behind minute,second etc. i can't get an good dutch translation. In dutch you start with Seconde, Minuut, Uur, Dag and then Seconden, Minuten, Uren Dagen.
Seconde and Dag aren't a problem but with the Minuten and Uren you got one U less. So i would like to ask if any of you could make a good translation, i know a bit about programming but when i tried to solve the problem is just screwed up, and the script didn't word at all. So i would appreciate it if any of you could make a good dutch translation.

Greetz koen

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-08-2006 at 05:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by koen14
Hello,
I got a problem translating the CountDown timer to dutch.
Because you get an 's' behind minute,second etc. i can't get an good dutch translation. In dutch you start with Seconde, Minuut, Uur, Dag and then Seconden, Minuten, Uren Dagen.
Seconde and Dag aren't a problem but with the Minuten and Uren you got one U less. So i would like to ask if any of you could make a good translation, i know a bit about programming but when i tried to solve the problem is just screwed up, and the script didn't word at all. So i would appreciate it if any of you could make a good dutch translation.

Greetz koen

i'll try to make something later on,

in the mean time, i've releace version 2

Update:
Here's version 2

New features:

Count Up - you can also count upwards in addition to downwards, the setting is located in the config window

Final Message - apon reaching zero, in count down mode, the script will disable the counter, and put your own message in your PSM, again, the message is settable in the config window

Reset Personal Message - located in the menus, if selected, it will reset the psm to the original message

Also a few minor bugs fixed

check the first post to get the link

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by jmccarroll on 07-08-2006 at 05:42 AM

It doesn't replace the old Count Down.  This script is named CountDown and the old one was Count Down.  In the future keep the name consistent so the update will install over the old one.

Other than that, good work.

Edit:  When I click disable countdown it stays on my PSM and stays active.  It seems that the only way to disable the countdown is to disable the entire script.
Edit2: After clicking disable countdown (the countdown still remaining active) I use !cdDisable in my conversation box and the message "Sorry, But your countdown timer is not active." appears in the window.  It's sent to the other person in the conversation as well.
Edit3: Also, can you change the !cd... to a /cd... so that it will show up in the Plus! command list.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-08-2006 at 05:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
It doesn't replace the old Count Down.  This script is named CountDown and the old one was Count Down.  In the future keep the name consistent so the update will install over the old one.

Other than that, good work.

i try to, but the script packager dosen't save preferances, i'll make the change

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by ~INVASION~ on 07-08-2006 at 06:13 AM

very nice script, works awesome, good job man!!!

i love having my refresh at 0.01, i can actually see the seconds go down :D

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by Weyzza on 07-08-2006 at 06:47 AM

Very nice script indeed.

One feature should be added, though.
The counter has a fixed format (days, hours, minutes [and seconds])
If you have "%h hour{h} and %m minute{m} to go", the hours is still the same hour in %d %h format.

It would be awesome if you can detect if there's only hour tag in the PSM.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by xJ + on 07-08-2006 at 06:51 AM

Tested the script and it's great.
However, here's the problem I've encountered
1) Whenever I reenable the count down, Â will always appear next to the color code ( ·$ ).
2) The option next to the date can't seem to open.
You can leave the 2) out as I pretty know that probably it can't yet support Windows Vista.

btw, will there be a auto re-enable for this count down script? It's a waste of time to re-enable everytime I sign into WLM.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by Tartooob on 07-08-2006 at 08:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~

Haha I never knew that.

Amazing script btw ^_^
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by Llama_dude on 07-08-2006 at 10:59 AM

right, this is gonna seem annoying, but ive downloaded the file, and ive made the new script with this in:

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-08-2006 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +

btw, will there be a auto re-enable for this count down script? It's a waste of time to re-enable everytime I sign into WLM.
there already is... probualy a problem on your end...
quote:
Now it shows there is a coutndown script, but when i click for it to configuire, bothing happens. whats going on?
i'm not going to help you if you've modifyed my original code

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
One feature should be added, though.
The counter has a fixed format (days, hours, minutes [and seconds])
If you have "%h hour{h} and %m minute{m} to go", the hours is still the same hour in %d %h format.

It would be awesome if you can detect if there's only hour tag in the PSM.
what do you mean?
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by Yetike on 07-08-2006 at 12:46 PM

He means that if he drops the %d and wants to leave only the %h, then %h won't count the hours left but only the hours of the actual day.

With days:
%d days, %h hours, %m minutes left - 2 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes left

Without days, now:
%h hours, %m minutes left - 3 hours, 4 minutes left

Without days, according to thekid's request:
%h hours, %m minutes left - 51 hours, 4 minutes left

This could be made with %m and %s as well

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-08-2006 at 12:52 PM

hmmm, i'll try for the next release

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by Llama_dude on 07-08-2006 at 07:15 PM

I HAVNT ALTERED YOUR SCRIPT NITEMARE! i aint a professional ,and when i downloaded it, i got five files, and the code i posted was on one of the files, and ive made it as a script, the configuaration is coming up! what on earth made you think i altered it!!??
look, im just looking for some help, im still learning here.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-08-2006 at 08:09 PM

quote:
I HAVNT ALTERED YOUR SCRIPT NITEMARE! i aint a professional ,and when i downloaded it, i got five files, and the code i posted was on one of the files, and ive made it as a script, the configuaration is coming up! what on earth made you think i altered it!!??
look, im just looking for some help, im still learning here.
quote:
right, this is gonna seem annoying, but ive downloaded the file, and ive made the new script with this in:
thats why

anyways, if you are downloading and unziping the file, stop, you do not have to unzip, just rename the file to .plsc instead of .zip, then run the file

PS, please remove my code from this thread, its not needed, and can confuse other users, thanks
RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by Llama_dude on 07-08-2006 at 08:35 PM

it dont work when i try to configuire it

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-09-2006 at 09:48 PM

quote:
it dont work when i try to configuire it

can you tell me if theres an error in the debug window?
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by Lou on 07-10-2006 at 02:22 AM

For the preset count down, I suggest setting the date of the release of that version to be the default date, and the default count down message to be:

code:
%d Day{d} %h Hour{h} %m Minute{m} %s Second{s} Since I downloaded the countdown script by Nitemare
:) Would seem more professional. and if someone accidentally sets the countdown to "special day" people will be like "wtf?!" :P
How about adding a feature to toggle between multiple countdowns? The options window just needs to be sortof like the Plus! Preferences, with the buttons at the top, that say "Countdown 1, Countdown 2, etc etc". I think 5 is a good number:) You could also set the time between countdown switches and etc, to make the switch random, or to go in order. :)
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-10-2006 at 02:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
For the preset count down, I suggest setting the date of the release of that version to be the default date, and the default count down message to be:
code:
%d Day{d} %h Hour{h} %m Minute{m} %s Second{s} Since I downloaded the countdown script by Nitemare
:) Would seem more professional. and if someone accidentally sets the countdown to "special day" people will be like "wtf?!" :P
well that was becausei just package my current config.xml file in with the rest of the files, to avoid errors, i just forget to change it before i package:P

quote:
How about adding a feature to toggle between multiple countdowns? The options window just needs to be sortof like the Plus! Preferences, with the buttons at the top, that say "Countdown 1, Countdown 2, etc etc". I think 5 is a good number:) You could also set the time between countdown switches and etc, to make the switch random, or to go in order. :)
that seems like a whole nother project:P, i'm still working on geting it multi language compatable

i'll add it to the todo list
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 10:38 AM

I have a bug! When it install it, it never stops! even if I chose disable... I mean my psm always comeback to the countdown!

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by jmccarroll on 07-10-2006 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tinpiliycfa
I have a bug! When it install it, it never stops! even if I chose disable... I mean my psm always comeback to the countdown!

I had that problem too.  The only way I could disable the countdown was to disable the script in it's entirety.  I ended up removing the script because of it and was checking on some updates.  I posted this problem earlier in the thread.
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 11:52 AM

same here

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by NiteMare on 07-10-2006 at 01:22 PM

crap, its even happening to me, working on it

Edit: Found the bug, i'll release the fix in 20 miunutes

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.0] by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 01:32 PM

great thanks

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.1] by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 02:42 PM

Great but it would be cool that when we disable the countdown, it brings back our psm.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.1] by NiteMare on 07-10-2006 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Great but it would be cool that when we disable the countdown, it brings back our psm.
it should, but it doesn't always work, i'm still trying to figure that one out

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.1] by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 02:56 PM

ok thanks again

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.1] by NiteMare on 07-11-2006 at 01:12 AM

***Version 2.2***
-Plural system revampt, to allow for any language, altho you can not use } or / inside the tags
-Setting are now PER E-MAIL ADDRESS, so multiple users can use the script

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Keikonium on 07-11-2006 at 03:46 AM

Just downloaded this, and I am loving it :D! I never have anything useful for a PSM, but now instead of having no PSM, I have a nice littlw count down... errr count up in my case lol.

One suggestion I would like to make is, instead of using "Refresh Minutes", if you could use "Refresh Seconds"?

Setting the refresh rate to 0.01 works, but it kinda jumps. Like it changes every second, but after every other change, it does like a half second change. Gah, its hard to explain. I am sure you'd understand if you tested it out yourself :). Thats why I am thinking a refresh rate of 1 second might be good :).

Very nice script, keep it up (Y)!

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-11-2006 at 03:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
One suggestion I would like to make is, instead of using "Refresh Minutes", if you could use "Refresh Seconds"?

Setting the refresh rate to 0.01 works, but it kinda jumps. Like it changes every second, but after every other change, it does like a half second change. Gah, its hard to explain. I am sure you'd understand if you tested it out yourself :). Thats why I am thinking a refresh rate of 1 second might be good :).

Very nice script, keep it up (Y)!

thanks for the support, unfortunatly i'm going to be keeping the script set to minutes, because of afew factors,

it may update every second for you, but other people will see significantly less then that, up to 6 seconds

another reason is because of chat logs, if you check your chat logs its IMPOSSABLE to read if you have all teh little events of you PSM getting changed every second

thirdly lag, i've had a few minor reports of people saying when other people have my script running, there computer lages alot when updating the psm in there contact list

so basicly, the refreash limit will stay at minutes, because although it is possable to use desimals for less then a minute, its not recommended
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Keikonium on 07-11-2006 at 03:58 AM

:o You are totally correct about the chat logs :|! I hadn't even thought about that. Perhaps I may just get rid of my seconds now. Thanks for the heads up :).

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by LoochTheMan on 07-11-2006 at 04:33 AM

The download link provided has version 2.0 and not version 2.2.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by tinpiliycfa on 07-11-2006 at 09:29 AM

excuse me, but with 2.1, I had to remove messenger + because this script made my messenger crash at startup (of messenger)

I couldn't do a thing., Will it work now with 2.2 ?

thanks

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-11-2006 at 11:11 AM

quote:
excuse me, but with 2.1, I had to remove messenger + because this script made my messenger crash at startup (of messenger)

thanks

i have no idea, you never reported any problems, and you shouldn't have to remove messenger Plus! live, just remove the count down folder, located in the scripts folder

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
i download 2.2 fine,  where are you downloading from?
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by hosey on 07-11-2006 at 11:35 AM

took me a while to figure out how to use it then i got it!! and i like this alot!! gunna b using it alot and good work nitemare!!

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by tinpiliycfa on 07-11-2006 at 11:42 AM

quote:
quote:

thanks

i have no idea, you never reported any problems, and you shouldn't have to remove messenger Plus! live, just remove the count down folder, located in the scripts folder

quote:

I took it from here and even when I removed the folder, it didn't work.

maybe it conflicted with another script, I don't know
RE: RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-11-2006 at 11:48 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks

quote:

I took it from here and even when I removed the folder, it didn't work.

maybe it conflicted with another script, I don't know

if you've completely removed the folder, and your still having problems, the problem is not with my script
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Chestah on 07-14-2006 at 08:06 AM

I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread so sorry if this has been reported already:

I cannot view the calender control at all. Not sure if this is a plus bug or a bug related to your script. When clicking nothing happens.

I'm using Windows Vista :P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Keikonium on 07-14-2006 at 08:10 AM

Here on Windows XP Home SP2 the calender control (little pop up calender ^o)?) works fine. Perhaps Vista (lucky :() has a problem with the calender popup control? Have you used any other things with the pop up? Such as expedia.com? If they don't pop up when putting dates in there, I think it might be a problem with Vista. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-14-2006 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Here on Windows XP Home SP2 the calender control (little pop up calender ^o)?) works fine. Perhaps Vista (lucky :() has a problem with the calender popup control? Have you used any other things with the pop up? Such as expedia.com? If they don't pop up when putting dates in there, I think it might be a problem with Vista. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

i was thinking that too, although theres noth much i can do:P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Chestah on 07-15-2006 at 01:10 PM

quote:

Well then its more than likely a Messenger Plus! Live problem. I'll look into it.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Lou on 07-15-2006 at 02:16 PM

quote:
quote:
You should, on countdown enable, grab the current psm and save it in the registry, then read the registry entry when the countdown is stopped, and set the psm again:P
RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-15-2006 at 03:27 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
You should, on countdown enable, grab the current psm and save it in the registry, then read the registry entry when the countdown is stopped, and set the psm again:P

it does that, just in the XML file
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Matti on 07-15-2006 at 05:58 PM

Damn it... I'm gone for 2 weeks to Italy and NiteMare makes a script which does exactly the same as mine. :'(

Nice work, this makes me think to improve mine too! :)
I've called mine Countdown Live, I just hope that won't cause too much confuseness... :P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-15-2006 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Damn it... I'm gone for 2 weeks to Italy and NiteMare makes a script which does exactly the same as mine. :'(

Nice work, this makes me think to improve mine too! :)
I've called mine Countdown Live, I just hope that won't cause too much confuseness... :P
i didn;t like yours, so i made a better one, besides, i've already submited it to the script data base:P

AND, it doesn't do exactly the same as your, it does more:P

and i called copyright on it:P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Matti on 07-15-2006 at 06:40 PM

Well... At the moment it does more, but that's just temporany. I'm trying to make my interface as clear as possible, since yours is a bit overloaded. :P

Anyway, the battle has begun! :D

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-15-2006 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Well... At the moment it does more, but that's just temporany. I'm trying to make my interface as clear as possible, since yours is a bit overloaded. :P

Anyway, the battle has begun! :D

i've already won:P, you lost, you didn't get it in the script database. and mines not "overloaded" its just userfriendly:P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Apola Silverstone on 07-17-2006 at 05:35 AM

not sure if it's been asked, but is it even half way possible for there to be a choice to set the refresh rate to seconds in stead of minutes? like have the choice of in minutes, or in seconds.... but what am i doing? i love this . great work, (a huge leap from the psm counter that worked without a wrapper i had before)

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by LoochTheMan on 07-17-2006 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Apola Silverstone
not sure if it's been asked, but is it even half way possible for there to be a choice to set the refresh rate to seconds in stead of minutes? like have the choice of in minutes, or in seconds.... but what am i doing? i love this . great work, (a huge leap from the psm counter that worked without a wrapper i had before)

To do this you need to set the refresh rate to a decimal of a minute. For example, 1 second of 60 seconds is approximately 0.01. Therefore if you set your refresh rate to 0.01, it will refresh every second. However, depending on the connection speed, your contacts may not see this change every second, but most likely every 5-6 seconds. 
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Apola Silverstone on 07-17-2006 at 05:43 AM

all right, thanks! -blush- i was thinking of trying that, just not sure if it would work :) with this knowledge i will rule the world.... or just have fun with this awsome script, cya

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Matti on 07-17-2006 at 05:51 AM

quote:
you lost
Not untill I released mine! (6)
quote:
you didn't get it in the script database
Okay, there you won. :(
quote:
and mines not "overloaded" its just userfriendly:P
You mean that window almost as huge as Windows Live Messenger's contact list itself? :P

Well, I'll release it on the forums when it's done and then we discuss further. ;)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-17-2006 at 09:34 AM

quote:
You mean that window almost as huge as Windows Live Messenger's contact list itself?
damn, what screen size to you have, the config window is tiny,
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by jmccarroll on 07-17-2006 at 10:01 PM

Can you make it to where when the counter reaches 0 it takes that variable away.

Like say you have xx days, xx hours, xx, minutes, xx seconds.  When any of those xx have a 0 can you make it automatically remove them?  So you won't have a countdown with 26 days, 6 hours, 0 minutes until...

Nightmares Count-down script [Help] by NanoChromatic on 07-18-2006 at 10:26 AM

can some-one or nightmare help!!!
i dont get it.
everytime i set it comes up NaN Days NaN Hours NaN Minutes NaN Seconds
What the hell is up with it?

Regards
     KieranJ.

RE: Nightmares Count-down script [Help] by Chris4 on 07-18-2006 at 10:30 AM

What do you have under the 'Personal Message' box?

By default it should be:

quote:
%d {d/Day/Days} %h {h/Hour/Hours} %m {m/Minute/Minutes} %s {s/Second/Seconds}

RE: RE: Nightmares Count-down script [Help] by NanoChromatic on 07-18-2006 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
What do you have under the 'Personal Message' box?

By default it should be:
quote:

Yes i have,heres my settings.

Count date = 12/07/06 (mm/dd/yy)

Count time = 12:00

Refresh Rate : 15

Count direction : Down

Personal Message : %d {d/Day/Days} %h {h/Hour/Hours} %m {m/Minute/Minutes} %s {s/Second/Seconds}

Regards
    KieranJ.

RE: Nightmares Count-down script [Help] by Chris4 on 07-18-2006 at 10:40 AM

I got the exact same.

What's wrong is..

quote:
It needs to show the seconds aswell. Change it to this:
quote:
Count time = 12:00:00
That fixed it for me :)
RE: RE: Nightmares Count-down script [Help] by NanoChromatic on 07-18-2006 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I got the exact same.

What's wrong is..
quote:
It needs to show the seconds aswell. Change it to this:
quote:
Count time = 12:00:00
That fixed it for me :)

WOOH! xD

Thanks Chris.Id give you rep..but i need 100 posts >x[ so remind me when I get 100 to rep you :P

Regards
    KieranJ.
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by juniorb213 on 07-19-2006 at 08:02 PM

Thank's for shareing the countdown script,

but there is a problem when i'm using it,

I think maybe I should report to you, so you can make it better~

the problem is: everytime when I restart my PC or MSN, the value I set in the coundown configuration will restore to the default value, and if I want to change the value again, there is nothing happend after I press the apply button.

so everytime if I want to use the countdown script, I have to reinstall it again, again and again...

This problem didn't happened when I use the oldest version of this script (version 1.85?), so I'm wondering that is there any place I can download the oldest version of this script?

I'm using Windows XP SP2, and my system language is Traditional Chinese, hope this information can help you to fix the problem. If you need other information (like screenshot...etc),just let me know, I can send it to you.

Thanks for this cool stuff again, and hope you can understand my English. :)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Yetike on 07-19-2006 at 09:22 PM

Click on Disable CountDown and then Enable CountDown... should enable itself automatically however...

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by 4penguino on 07-20-2006 at 07:48 PM

how do ya use them

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-20-2006 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by juniorb213
Thank's for shareing the countdown script,

but there is a problem when i'm using it,

I think maybe I should report to you, so you can make it better~

the problem is: everytime when I restart my PC or MSN, the value I set in the coundown configuration will restore to the default value, and if I want to change the value again, there is nothing happend after I press the apply button.

so everytime if I want to use the countdown script, I have to reinstall it again, again and again...

This problem didn't happened when I use the oldest version of this script (version 1.85?), so I'm wondering that is there any place I can download the oldest version of this script?

I'm using Windows XP SP2, and my system language is Traditional Chinese, hope this information can help you to fix the problem. If you need other information (like screenshot...etc),just let me know, I can send it to you.

Thanks for this cool stuff again, and hope you can understand my English. :)
i believe its a problem with the chinnese characters not working, i'll try to fix it, although its hard for me to test it

quote:
Originally posted by 4penguino
how do ya use them

quote:
Originally posted by chris4

Count Date: Just simply set the date that you want to count down to (Note: It's American date, so it's mm/dd/yyyy)

Count Time: [24hr clock] Set the time that you want to count down to (example: 14:50:00 would be 2:50pm)

Refresh Rate: Set this to "1" if you want it to update for every minute, or leave it how it is.

Personal Message: Leave it how it is if you don't want to get confused, otherwise you can change it. The text below it explains what each of them mean.

Count Down End: This is what it will say once the countdown is at 0 hours 0 minutes and 0 seconds.
that should explian it pretty good, if you have more questions please post them:)

RE: RE: [Releace] CountDown by Salem on 07-25-2006 at 10:18 AM

quote:

Yeh, well most of Europe uses dd/mm/yyy if i remember correctly, so i think having support for both would be good.
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-25-2006 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
Yeh, well most of Europe uses dd/mm/yyy if i remember correctly, so i think having support for both would be good.
is it REALLY that hard to switch 2 number, or use the calender?
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Salem on 07-25-2006 at 05:43 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
is it REALLY that hard to switch 2 number, or use the calender?

I do use the calendar for this, so it doesn't really affect me. It was just a suggestion.

~Salem(@)
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Br4yd3nP.Plus on 07-26-2006 at 10:24 PM

Hello NightMare.

I was wondering if teh user could have refresh for like 15 seconds?

Some people's computer's can handle it.

Thanks,

Brayden.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Fanta on 07-26-2006 at 10:36 PM

15 seconds? Dang... who do you want to annoy?!

I love this script, seriously, it was easy to get running too, well done!

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-27-2006 at 04:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Br4yd3nP.Plus
IP Address: Logged
Yesterday 07:24 PM     
Profile E-Mail PM Find
it is possable, by setting the minutes to a decimal number, however your logs along with your contacts logs will be COMPLETELY thrown off, having a personal message change every 15 seconds, so i do not recommend it

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Salem on 07-27-2006 at 11:50 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Br4yd3nP.Plus
IP Address: Logged
Yesterday 07:24 PM     
Profile E-Mail PM Find
it is possable, by setting the minutes to a decimal number, however your logs along with your contacts logs will be COMPLETELY thrown off, having a personal message change every 15 seconds, so i do not recommend it

Also it could cause delay on the Messenger servers.
CountDown In Personal Message 2.2 Script by ashgudboy on 07-30-2006 at 10:16 PM

The script is not functioning well :S... According to the script, 2 months have 89 days... :| If you put the coundown date to 2 months afterward it says 89days left.. I mean from 1 august 2006 to 31 september, it says 89 days... 8-)

RE: CountDown In Personal Message 2.2 Script by NiteMare on 07-30-2006 at 10:18 PM

can you take a screen shot of the config window, also check the Debug window for me (enable it in the scripts tab of the preferances, then open it via the Plus! menu on the contact list), and post any errors that apper

RE: CountDown In Personal Message 2.2 Script by ashgudboy on 07-30-2006 at 10:21 PM

Function called: OnEvent_Timer
Tag not found
Tag not found
Tag not found
Update_Time

RE: CountDown In Personal Message 2.2 Script by NiteMare on 07-30-2006 at 10:25 PM

hmm, the tag not found shouldn;t be there, can you please post teh screen shot of your config window, along with your windows version and the language that your WLM is in

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by ashgudboy on 07-30-2006 at 10:31 PM

windows media center version 2002 service pack 2

can you understand the problem or you need more explanation?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-30-2006 at 10:55 PM

i don't know what to tell ya, i can't reproduce the problem, nor do i know whats causeing it, check your system clock, is it set to the right date?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by ombadboy on 07-31-2006 at 01:10 AM

ive got the same freakn prob :S

shows 64 days till 3rd of Sept..

Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
Function called: OnEvent_Initialize
07/01/2007
false
Function called: OnGetScriptMenu
Function called: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Function called: OnCountDownEvent_CtrlClicked
09/03/2006
00:00:01
09/03/2006
False
Function called: OnCountDownEvent_CtrlClicked
enabled
saving PSM
true - true
Tag not found
Tag not found
Tag not found
true
disabled

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-31-2006 at 01:23 AM

hmmm, could those people that have the problem please upload the config file in the scripts/Count Down/ folder

the file should be a bunch of numbers ending with .xml

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by ombadboy on 07-31-2006 at 01:29 AM

here's mine..

had to rar it cuz wudnt allow .xml

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-31-2006 at 01:32 AM

thanks, i'm looking in to this as we speak to see if i can find out whats happening

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-31-2006 at 02:33 AM

i just realized that the "Tag not found" error is just saying that your leaving out the {h/hour/hours} {m/Minute/Minutes}{s/Second/seconds}

it was an error proofing thing i put in and forgot about, but it should be there, and it is not causeing the bug

agian, could you please check your system date to make sure your clock are not off

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by AmbulanceX on 07-31-2006 at 07:50 AM

during the month of september the script add's 30 days from what ever it should be, instead of being 42 days till sep 11, it becomes 72 days till sep 11... i suddenly noticed i now had to wait an extra 30 days till im 17.. ha ha.. is this fixed? ill try the new version.

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by ombadboy on 07-31-2006 at 09:03 AM

quote:
i just realized that the "Tag not found" error is just saying that your leaving out the {h/hour/hours} {m/Minute/Minutes}{s/Second/seconds}

it was an error proofing thing i put in and forgot about, but it should be there, and it is not causeing the bug

agian, could you please check your system date to make sure your clock are not off

am pretty sure clock is workin on..

didnt have a prob with the countdown till yesterday when it started showin +30 days
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by AmbulanceX on 07-31-2006 at 10:42 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
exact same thing happened to me today...

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-31-2006 at 05:05 PM

i found the problem, its happening to me now, for some reason, and i have no clue why, its mistaking the 9th month of the year as october, not september

but i have no clue it there something in my script or if it's a Plus! live bug?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Geo on 07-31-2006 at 05:37 PM

Good script.

It is possible :

When days equal 0, do not display "Days"
When Hours equal 0 & days = 0, do not display "Hours"
When Minutes equal 0 & Hours = 0 & days = 0, do not display "Minutes"
and

Thanks

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 07-31-2006 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
Good script.

It is possible :

When days equal 0, do not display "Days"
When Hours equal 0 & days = 0, do not display "Hours"
When Minutes equal 0 & Hours = 0 & days = 0, do not display "Minutes"
and

Thanks

possable, i was thinking of that, i might add an option to do that in the next version, however i want to get rid of this bug first

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Geo on 07-31-2006 at 06:09 PM

OK, i'm waiting.

Good work

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Geo on 07-31-2006 at 08:24 PM

I spoke about fast :S.

I notice the same problem as the others, as soon as the countdown overtakes more than a month, he(it) becomes false.

Ex: countdown until in 08/31/06 at 23:00 (moment day in 07/31/06) days 31 in ......... yew the countdown is until in 09/01/06 (just one day more) at 23:00, it display days 62....

I tested all the combinations, the hour of the syteme over the 12 and 24 hours and the management of the odre of date DD / mm / YY and MM / DD / YY but without result

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 08-01-2006 at 01:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
I spoke about fast :S.

I notice the same problem as the others, as soon as the countdown overtakes more than a month, he(it) becomes false.

Ex: countdown until in 08/31/06 at 23:00 (moment day in 07/31/06) days 31 in ......... yew the countdown is until in 09/01/06 (just one day more) at 23:00, it display days 62....

I tested all the combinations, the hour of the syteme over the 12 and 24 hours and the management of the odre of date DD / mm / YY and MM / DD / YY but without result

i'm sorry if english is not your first language, but i'm having trouble understanding what you wrote

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by jmccarroll on 08-01-2006 at 03:27 AM

I've got a problem.  A lot of people have said it but I'll just confirm it.  I'm trying to set the countdown for September 2nd, and it's coming up on the counter as 62 days, x hours, x minutes and so one remaining.  It should be 32 days.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 08-01-2006 at 03:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
I've got a problem.  A lot of people have said it but I'll just confirm it.  I'm trying to set the countdown for September 2nd, and it's coming up on the counter as 62 days, x hours, x minutes and so one remaining.  It should be 32 days.
yes, i've confirmed the bug, but as of yet, i haven't found a solution
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by AmbulanceX on 08-01-2006 at 06:50 AM

my script seems to have corrected itself, tis back to 40 days to my birthday instead of 60.. so i dunno odd?

oph well, happy with it now :)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 08-01-2006 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
my script seems to have corrected itself, tis back to 40 days to my birthday instead of 60.. so i dunno odd?

oph well, happy with it now

???confirmed, mines working again, what the hell? am i drunker then i think i am, who ever's playing tricks with me, its not funny:P
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by AmbulanceX on 08-01-2006 at 07:00 AM

ha ha seems as if once the month of july got passed (for it's the 1st of august today) it works fine.. sounds good to me.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 08-01-2006 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
ha ha seems as if once the month of july got passed (for it's the 1st of august today) it works fine.. sounds good to me.
nut it onlys started at the end of july
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by ombadboy on 08-01-2006 at 10:06 AM

still not working here..

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by Geo on 08-01-2006 at 04:50 PM

:'(

It is true English is not my language, it it is seen?
And thus I have the mania to use translator who are not very performent.

Sorry:(

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by alphax45 on 08-09-2006 at 12:05 AM

Great script. Does anyone know if anything like this exists for your personal message? I would love to have it display a countdown to my wedding day and update every day.

OK: all the suddon it showed up there! SHould it be?
Never mind! I figured it out. This is awsome! It is what I was looking for. Perfect :D
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.2] by NiteMare on 08-09-2006 at 12:14 AM

glad you like it

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.3] by NiteMare on 08-10-2006 at 02:00 AM

File has been updated, check first post

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.4.0] by Geo on 08-10-2006 at 06:52 PM

hello NiteMare.

There are several problems on V2.4:

1 : When the fct "removal value if equal zero" is enable, There are characters too in front of the value which stays.

2: When the Countdown is ended, I have a infinity toast "Countdown Reached, Disabling timer"

Good work

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.4.0] by NiteMare on 08-10-2006 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
hello NiteMare.

There are several problems on V2.4:

1 : When the fct "removal value if equal zero" is enable, There are characters too in front of the value which stays.

Can you give me an example, i don't quite know what you mean

quote:
Originally posted by Geo

2: When the Countdown is ended, I have a infinity toast "Countdown Reached, Disabling timer"

Can you PM me your debug window stuff, and i'll look in to it tonight, i'm at work right now

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.5.0] by NiteMare on 08-11-2006 at 05:16 AM

update to fix a bug

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.5.0] by Geo on 08-11-2006 at 11:52 AM

Hi,

i forget this:

When the fct "removal value if equal zero" is enable, the srcipt display 0 minute.

when the value (Day, Hour, minute, seconds) équal 0 the sript display a plural name

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.5.0] by NiteMare on 08-11-2006 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
Hi,

i forget this:

When the fct "removal value if equal zero" is enable, the srcipt display 0 minute.

when the value (Day, Hour, minute, seconds) équal 0 the sript display a plural name
again, send me your debug info
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.5.0] by Chancer on 08-12-2006 at 12:24 AM

hey nightmare...could you add an option to add the text to the display name??

i tried changing the tags 'MyPersonalMessage' byt 'MyName', however nothing happent

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.5.0] by NiteMare on 08-12-2006 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer

i tried changing the tags 'MyPersonalMessage' byt 'MyName', however nothing happent
Possability for future builds
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.5.0] by jasonallen on 08-14-2006 at 06:09 PM

Hi,

I'm getting NaN as values for the num of days and num of hours. I'm in the UK, may be a date issue.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by NiteMare on 08-15-2006 at 10:17 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chancer

Possability for future builds
been working on that for the last few days, it should be ready for version 3, very soon
quote:
Originally posted by j.g.allen
Hi,

I'm getting NaN as values for the num of days and num of hours. I'm in the UK, may be a date issue.
what valuse are you entering in the configure page?
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by Geo on 08-20-2006 at 06:17 PM

Can you remove the spaces in the PSM when the fct "remove value..." is enable.

PSM = "1 Day 3 Hours 40 Minutes 24 Seconds"
PSM = "  3 Hours 39 Minutes 46 Seconds"
PSM = "    38 Minutes 35 Seconds"
PSM = "      15 Seconds"

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by NiteMare on 08-21-2006 at 03:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
Can you remove the spaces in the PSM when the fct "remove value..." is enable.

PSM = "1 Day 3 Hours 40 Minutes 24 Seconds"
PSM = "  3 Hours 39 Minutes 46 Seconds"
PSM = "    38 Minutes 35 Seconds"
PSM = "      15 Seconds"

a simple fix:
just put the space in to the equation:
Before:
code:
After:
code:
%d{d/ Day / Days }%h{h/ Hour / Hours }%m{m/ Minute / Minutes }%s{s/ Second / Seconds }

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by boston on 08-21-2006 at 03:24 PM

this is the best countdown/up because the countdown live is copyied and its got a few bugs in and its never as good as this countdown:D:D

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by NiteMare on 08-21-2006 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
this is the best countdown/up because the countdown live is copyied and its got a few bugs in and its never as good as this countdown:D:D
:), i thank you for your support
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by Geo on 08-21-2006 at 05:18 PM

For more precision, it would indeed be necessary to anticipate the end of the count.

If the remaining countdown value is lower than the refresh value.  it would indeed be necessary not to wait a new refresh to show the end of the countdown.

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by NiteMare on 08-21-2006 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
For more precision, it would indeed be necessary to anticipate the end of the count.

If the remaining countdown value is lower than the refresh value.  it would indeed be necessary not to wait a new refresh to show the end of the countdown.
hmm good point, i'll think about it
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by NiteMare on 08-30-2006 at 10:38 AM

updated, for the ability to put it in your nickname

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by boston on 08-30-2006 at 11:29 AM

thanks nice
works good nice
nickname option works brill
1st bug free script ive ever downloaded
;)
(i will notify you for bugs)if there is any ;)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by NiteMare on 08-30-2006 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
thanks nice
works good nice
nickname option works brill
1st bug free script ive ever downloaded
;)
(i will notify you for bugs)if there is any ;)
excellent, thanks for the positive feedback, feel free to post your bugs if you find any

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by ForestPlus! on 08-30-2006 at 12:01 PM

I'm new to wlm, scripts, and this forum infact; But when i saw that script i thought i'd give it a go... I was expecting all scripts to be buggy but this one was perfect! Thanks for making the first script the best one!!

only 365 days and 56 mins till this time next year apparently:P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by Odium696 on 08-31-2006 at 08:03 PM

I found a bug when I set up the date to 09/06/06, the day changes to 35....

Just to let you know.
Using WinXP SP2
WLM (Latest)
MsgPlus! (latest)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by NiteMare on 08-31-2006 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Odium696
I found a bug when I set up the date to 09/06/06, the day changes to 35....

Just to let you know.
Using WinXP SP2
WLM (Latest)
MsgPlus! (latest)
yeah i just noticed it again, we had this problem back at the end of july, but it dissappered, i think it has something to do with the last few days of the month, but i can't find where the bug in the code is

if anybody knows it, let me know
RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.6.0] by Geo on 09-10-2006 at 12:22 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Geo

hmm good point, i'll think about it

You had the time to look this...:D

Thank you
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by xxhannahxx on 09-10-2006 at 12:26 PM

wicked i ahve downloaded it, how long did it take to make it?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by NiteMare on 09-10-2006 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xx134xx
wicked i ahve downloaded it, how long did it take to make it?
too me a weekend to make the first beta release, and then about a week to work out the bugs with some help, after that it took about 2 months to add teh rest of the features
quote:
Originally posted by Geo
You had the time to look this...:D

Thank you
haha actualy i haven't, i've been very busy with work, 10 hours work then the rest sleeping eating and partying doesn't leave much time for coding

i'm kind of hesitant to do this feature though because although i made my script capable of doing really low refreash rates, i highly recommend that you don't use low refreash rates as it floods the logs of your self and your contacts, i MAY consiter, programing it to repeatidly cut the refreash rate in half untill its lower then teh time remaining, but i'll have to look in to it

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.7.0] by NiteMare on 09-29-2006 at 10:38 PM

thanks to help from finewolf, we have eliminated teh bug that was adding 30 days to your timer, (up or down), i'm at work right now, but i will release the fix tongiht

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by NiteMare on 09-30-2006 at 06:19 PM

updated and lookin good

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by FineWolf on 09-30-2006 at 06:35 PM

I really don't like the Javascript DATE object... ;)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by elektra on 11-18-2006 at 08:19 PM

I got a suggestion
add a week code thingy so itll be
1 weeks 1 day 3 hours 34 minutes 2 seconds til i get a car :P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by NiteMare on 11-18-2006 at 11:30 PM

hmm, i could add weeks and years, motnsh may be tricky though, but ill see about adding those features

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by CookieRevised on 11-19-2006 at 02:14 AM

quote:
hmm, i could add weeks and years, motnsh may be tricky though, but ill see about adding those features
years are equally tricky than months.

quote:
Originally posted by quacky
I got a suggestion
Holiday Counter can do that (and more)
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by NiteMare on 11-19-2006 at 02:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:

how so? well yeah i understand the leap years, but is there something else i'm missing?
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by elektra on 11-19-2006 at 10:34 AM

quote:
quote:

quote:
I got a suggestion
Holiday Counter can do that (and more)

Holiday counter is for msn not wlm :(
EDIT: sorry yes it is :)
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by B.F.M.V on 11-19-2006 at 04:15 PM

this is a geat script m8 well done

how do you work this ??????
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by CookieRevised on 11-19-2006 at 06:10 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

how so? well yeah i understand the leap years, but is there something else i'm missing?
nope, it's indeed leap years.

And because of this many software does define a year as a fixed length. Some software always define it at 355 days, others at 365.25, others even define 350 days in a year, etc. for calculating periods of time.

The point is that any time measurement which does not always have a fixed length, will be 'tricky'... And the smaller the time length (eg: months) the more noticeable the possible errors might be.

quote:

Holiday counter is for msn not wlm :(
EDIT: sorry yes it is :)
Holiday Counter is the only script/plugin which runs both on MSN Messenger as on Windows Live Messenger (AFAIK).
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.8.0] by FineWolf on 11-19-2006 at 06:59 PM

NiteMare, I'm done recoding the timeStamp object to support year and months.. Weeks would be easy to add if really needed. It uses real years and real months, no fixed length stuff. Please read your MSN.

(Kinda funny I took over the time calculation in your script since you had that end of month problem ;). The JavaScript Date Object is crap... )

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by NiteMare on 11-20-2006 at 04:02 AM

update!, go check it out

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by tinpiliycfa on 11-20-2006 at 11:30 AM

the new version is not working for me !

I plan a december 10th event and it says 5 days to go !!!!

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by FineWolf on 11-20-2006 at 03:04 PM

quote:
the new version is not working for me !

I plan a december 10th event and it says 5 days to go !!!!

This is because the new version auto-enables years, months and weeks calculation. Right now, you are probably not showing these fields, so you only see 5 days. To fix, either include the weeks, months and years tags, or disable those options in the config dialog.
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by tinpiliycfa on 11-20-2006 at 08:14 PM

ok and how can I make it to be seen ?? thanks

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by elektra on 11-20-2006 at 08:22 PM

Hey nitemare can you update the attchment on the first post
thanks

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by NiteMare on 11-20-2006 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Hey nitemare can you update the attchment on the first post
thanks
i thought i did that, hmm, well checkout http://nitemare.ca/ss/Countdown2-9-0.plsc

quote:
ok and how can I make it to be seen ?? thanks
add this to teh front of your personal message in the config window:
code:
%y{y/ Year / Year }%M{M/ Month / Months }%w{w/ Week / Weeks}

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by tinpiliycfa on 11-20-2006 at 10:32 PM

can't you make an option adding them all automaticly ?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by NiteMare on 11-20-2006 at 11:41 PM

quote:
can't you make an option adding them all automaticly ?
what you can do is delete teh settings file from the countdown script folder, its usualy serveral number followed by .xml, this will force the script to reset all teh settings, however, ALL settings will be lost

i may releace a small update with a command to reset the PSM format, i'm at work right now so it won't be done till tommorow, if i deside to do it

alternatively you can just unselect the "years, months and weeks" check boxes in the config window, that will make the script work like it did before this update
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by DeKoVV on 11-26-2006 at 09:05 PM

Cool script (Y),
but how to configure to show how many hours is left to new year? (only hours) ? :^)
Thanks ;)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by NiteMare on 11-26-2006 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeKoVV
Cool script (Y),
but how to configure to show how many hours is left to new year? (only hours) ? :^)
Thanks ;)
unfortunatly, its not designed to show only hours
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by NiteMare on 11-29-2006 at 11:34 PM

Just alittle update, i'm working on a Version 3.0 for the scripting contest, it will have atleast 3 new (handy) features, and maybe more;)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by psycho_maniac on 12-03-2006 at 07:50 PM

plugin rocks but the only bad thing i can see is when you disable the counter your psm name is removed

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by //Chris on 12-03-2006 at 08:39 PM

USING THIS FOR A CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN :) :P

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by NiteMare on 12-03-2006 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
the only bad thing i can see is when you disable the counter your psm name is removed
that may become an option in version 3.0;)
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by psycho_maniac on 12-07-2006 at 09:59 PM

im having a problem with the countdown plugin. this is what i have for my psm. i cannot get the days to work. what am i doing wrong here?

%M {M/month/months} %w {w/week/weeks} and %d {d/day/days} till im 21  !!!!!!!!!!!!

also i get a error when i disable the countdown plugin

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 2.9.0] by NiteMare on 12-07-2006 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
im having a problem with the countdown plugin. this is what i have for my psm. i cannot get the days to work. what am i doing wrong here?

%M {M/month/months} %w {w/week/weeks} and %d {d/day/days} till im 21  !!!!!!!!!!!!

also i get a error when i disable the countdown plugin

thank you for reporting that, i'd like to hear more from you to be able to solve the problem, please check your PM for my WLM address, and i'll talk with you tonight to fix it up.
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.16] by NiteMare on 12-10-2006 at 08:05 PM

big update!

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.16] by Jimbo on 12-10-2006 at 08:12 PM

quote:
big update!
Excellent update! love the new features epecially the preview box, good work NiteMare. Countdown to win the competition lol
* Jimbo downloads
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.16] by NiteMare on 12-10-2006 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:
big update!
Excellent update! love the new features epecially the preview box, good work NiteMare. Countdown to win the competition lol
* Jimbodude downloads
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.16] by palceksmuk on 12-10-2006 at 08:27 PM

Vau, exellent update!!
Bravo
(Y)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.16] by Eddie on 12-12-2006 at 04:53 AM

Very nice update NiteMare :) Great job :) Keep it up (Y)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by NiteMare on 12-15-2006 at 04:31 AM

bug fixed, check first post

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by Geo on 12-27-2006 at 10:05 PM

hello NiteMare

in the Version 3.0.17, the countDown do not display the final message....

view a trace file

& Sometimes, if we start countDown too much near the date of the end, the script does not stop the countDown and crosses in mode count.
(In spite of the good options marked)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by NiteMare on 12-27-2006 at 11:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
hello NiteMare

in the Version 3.0.17, the countDown do not display the final message....
check your debug window, and paste any errors in to a text file, and please post it, i'll take another look to see if i can find the problem when i get home,

also check the more settings page, to make sure the option to display the final message is checked.

thanks for the report
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by Geo on 12-29-2006 at 08:53 PM

hello, i have the same bug in all Version 3.x :S

Good luck

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by NiteMare on 12-29-2006 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
hello, i have the same bug in all Version 3.x :S

Good luck

sorry for the delay, i have that bug fixed, but i got another bug report on WLM, i want to look in to that one first, before i release it

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by Geo on 12-29-2006 at 10:31 PM

ok thanks

Can be to add to the option "no contact online " the on-line/ blocked:-# contacts

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by NiteMare on 12-29-2006 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
ok thanks

Can be to add to the option "no contact online " the on-line/ blocked:-# contacts
you mean if not contacts are online, or only blocked contacts are online?
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by Geo on 12-30-2006 at 09:58 AM

just consider that an online but blocked contact is an offline contact for not refresh the countdown

Sorry for my english :S

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.17] by NiteMare on 12-30-2006 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
just consider that an online but blocked contact is an offline contact for not refresh the countdown

Sorry for my english :S
ok, i'll take a look at it
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by NiteMare on 12-31-2006 at 07:24 AM

update posted

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by Geo on 12-31-2006 at 11:21 AM

quote:
update posted

Good work well done (Y)
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by ihuazai on 07-07-2007 at 04:46 AM

Hi,

May i know how i can configure his script?
I installed the script but there is no menu option for me to setup my countdown timer.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by NiteMare on 07-07-2007 at 04:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ihuazai
Hi,

I installed the script but there is no menu option for me to setup my countdown timer.

Thanks!

there should be a menu option, first make sure the script is active in the scripts section of the plus options

then take a look in the scripts menu, if you STILL for what ever reason can't find it, you can also access the configuration panel by opening a chat and typing "!cdconfig" with out the quotes, that should open the configuration panel,  after you set everything up you can turn it on eather by the menu or typing "!cdenable" in a chat (again with out teh quotes)

RE: RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by ihuazai on 07-07-2007 at 05:11 AM

for some reason i don't have a scripts menu.
but the commandline method works.

thanks!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ihuazai
Hi,

Thanks!

there should be a menu option, first make sure the script is active in the scripts section of the plus options

then take a look in the scripts menu, if you STILL for what ever reason can't find it, you can also access the configuration panel by opening a chat and typing "!cdconfig" with out the quotes, that should open the configuration panel,  after you set everything up you can turn it on eather by the menu or typing "!cdenable" in a chat (again with out teh quotes)

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by riahc4 on 12-10-2007 at 12:56 AM

Can you update CountDown for 4.50/9.0?

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by NanaFreak on 12-10-2007 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
dude, stop spamming all the threads... the scripts will be updated when the developers are ready for them to be posted so that the public can use them, just wait... it hasnt even been a day since the release
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by aNILEator on 12-10-2007 at 01:05 AM

Pretty sure I tested this for compatibility and it worked already chair

RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by NiteMare on 12-10-2007 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
i cannot, and will not update my script for 9.0 untill its becomes a public beta atleast, however i don't see how it would make a differance

i've already tested it with 4.50, it shouldn't have any problems
RE: [Release] CountDown [Update: Version 3.0.25] by Albator V on 02-17-2008 at 08:41 PM

I have some problem when i use some french characters like é à ö in counter. those characters are replace by another and sometime, nickname (with special characters) are modify too... :S