Shoutbox

personal message issues - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: personal message issues (/showthread.php?tid=62251)

personal message issues by helpseeker on 07-01-2006 at 04:50 PM

[font=Tahoma]How come I keep seeing personal messages (even song information as a personal message) from my contact that has deleted me from his contact list?

'Cause I thought only your contacts can see your personal message, not those that you've deleted from your contact list, and not those you have on the allow list? Can someone please explain how this contact coud have deleted from his contact list  but keeps letting me see his personal messages?

Thank you

RE: personal message issues by Reload2 on 07-01-2006 at 04:54 PM

Well if I understand your question, you mean that the other person deleted you but you can still see that person's personal message? Well that's normal. You can still see that person's nickname, personal message if you're not in his contact list at least you are blocked.

RE: personal message issues by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 04:55 PM

Even if he deletes you, doesn't mean that he have blocked you.
If he blocks you, then you will not know if he's on or off. Ergo, u can't see his PSM if he's blocked u.

RE: personal message issues by helpseeker on 07-01-2006 at 05:03 PM

[font=Tahoma] [color=blue]That's the thing. I'm not blocked 'cause I can see his online status, but removed from contact list.
It's just that I thought it was like the settings say: "type a personal message for your CONTACTS to see", therefore, NOT people on your allow list. Right or not? - still confused.

RE: personal message issues by Reload2 on 07-01-2006 at 05:05 PM

Well it says "for your contact to see" but you can try with someone who's not in your contact but you are in his contacts, it will still work. It's like that

RE: personal message issues by helpseeker on 07-01-2006 at 05:17 PM

[font=Tahoma]I've tried that. They don't see my personal message or song information 'cause they're not on my contact list anymore (no matter I'm still on theirs). ^o)

thanks anyway

RE: personal message issues by RaceProUK on 07-01-2006 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
Well it says "for your contact to see" but you can try with someone who's not in your contact but you are in his contacts, it will still work. It's like that
It's a bit confusing, as everything is said to be done relative to the contact list, but is actually done according to the allow list.
RE: personal message issues by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 05:21 PM

Yes, should have been doen easier so that people doesn't have to wonder..

Well, ther's nothing wrong about wondering.. :)

RE: RE: personal message issues by helpseeker on 07-01-2006 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
It's a bit confusing, as everything is said to be done relative to the contact list, but is actually done according to the allow list.

[font=Tahoma]I guess so. Btw, what's the purpose of keeping someone on the allow list, and blocking all others? Where can he see my status then? What's the point off the allow list and blockin others (if I'm a deleted contact to someone)? ^o)
RE: personal message issues by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 05:35 PM

The CL is for look purpose, the allow list is more kind of for privacy purpose, I guess.

RE: personal message issues by helpseeker on 07-01-2006 at 05:47 PM

[font=Tahoma]yeah, i guess.. but a person on your allow list (and all others blocked) have no other way to see your status but to add you to his contacts. therefore, allow list is useless in that case. (and all others blocked) :^)

RE: personal message issues by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 05:53 PM

Well, it's for control reasons, so that u can block people, but still be able to know their status. :D

RE: personal message issues by helpseeker on 07-01-2006 at 05:58 PM

[font=Tahoma]:D I guess I'm being a bit dumm now :D you cannot see someone's status if you delete CL, therefore, leaving it on the allow list and blocking all others doesn't serve any purpose. :^)

RE: personal message issues by RaceProUK on 07-01-2006 at 11:37 PM

Description of the four lists:
Contact List - The users whose status and information you want to see.
Allow List - The users who are allowed to see your status and information.
Block List - Oposite to Allow List.
Reverse List (Read-Only!) - The users who have you on their Contact List.

Hope that clears everything up.

Edit: And close your font tags :P