Shoutbox

WLM Starting Twice - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM Starting Twice (/showthread.php?tid=62274)

WLM Starting Twice by Graventhorp on 07-01-2006 at 09:21 PM

I think it's probably something to do with the poligamy feature of either Plus! or Mess Patch, but everytime I start windows I get two instances of WLM running in my taskbar.

Very annoying as it's rare that I use two accounts at the same time, and it just hogs startup time. Anyone have any similar problems or could think of a solution?

Perhaps a known issue and a box I could untick?

RE: WLM Starting Twice by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 09:24 PM

U can untick the polygami checkbox in Plus! live settings, and if you have had 2 up before, when having the option "Start automaticly when windows starts" then the both will start. Just untick the checkboxes. :)

RE: WLM Starting Twice by Graventhorp on 07-01-2006 at 09:26 PM

I'll try, but I'm sort of busy right now to restart my laptop and see if it works, but I DO want WLM to start when windows does....but just once!

RE: WLM Starting Twice by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 09:29 PM

Well, uncheck the one u don't want to start. :)

RE: WLM Starting Twice by Reload2 on 07-01-2006 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Well, uncheck the one u don't want to start. (Smilie)
If you have to uncheck, uncheck both. Also, if you used Mess Patch or A-Patch, restore the backups. If you didn't keep backups, you have to reinstall your messenger :)
If you don't want to reinstall and keep the polygamy for another circumstance, try this: Start>Run. Type "msconfig" and press enter. A new window named "System Configuration Utility" will appear. In the Startup tab, uncheck one of the two msnmsgr.exe and restart. Then you are done :)