Shoutbox

old contacts (not used) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: old contacts (not used) (/showthread.php?tid=62303)

old contacts (not used) by thing on 07-02-2006 at 09:25 AM

hello! i got many old contacts of people i think they have stoped using msn messenger, they no longer log-in with that email. is there a way to see if this is true or not?

for example:

i got many contacts in my list that instead of seeing their nicknames i see their emails, does this mean anything?

if i send a email to a contact and then i get a auto reply with:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

that happens with almost all contacts that i see their email in my contact list instead of their nicknames, so i think that means that email no longer exists and i should just remove it

what do you think? is there a way to know this?

thanks!!!

RE: old contacts (not used) by Reload2 on 07-02-2006 at 12:33 PM

If their account isn't good anymore, you shouldn't be in their contact list. So use Contact List Clean-up and check who don't have you in their contact list anymore, their account should be expired or deleted.

RE: old contacts (not used) by thing on 07-02-2006 at 12:44 PM

i know that software but many people remove me from their lists but still use messenger! i want to know those that STOPED using that email address

if i send a email to them and i get that replay what does it mean?
RE: old contacts (not used) by qgroessl on 07-02-2006 at 07:18 PM

It COULD mean that their email address is no longer activated... Or it COULD  mean that the server is acting a little dodgy and it's not working right at that very moment...

RE: old contacts (not used) by CookieRevised on 07-02-2006 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
quote:
Originally posted by thing
if i send a email to them and i get that replay what does it mean?
It COULD mean that their email address is no longer activated... Or it COULD  mean that the server is acting a little dodgy and it's not working right at that very moment...
Also note that not all MSN emails are actually real email addresses or email addresses being used for mailing.