Shoutbox

my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly (/showthread.php?tid=62361)

my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by koumy on 07-02-2006 at 09:23 PM

hey!

i need help, my functionalities of Messenger Plus live don't function (but only the functions: colors of nickname, format of text and sounds don't function..) can somebody help me ???? i have tried to reinstall msn but nothing changes..
so i don't know what i have to do now !!! thanks to answer me.

(and sorry if i make mistake but i'm french)

bye.

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by FineWolf on 07-02-2006 at 09:29 PM

Close Messenger Live.

Start - > Run (Démarrer -> Exécuter)

Enter the following in the box:

code:
cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll"

Press OK

Close the window that just appeared.

Restart Messenger
RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by helloderhelp on 07-03-2006 at 03:59 AM

heyz, i need help wif my nickname which doesn't appear in colour on ma msn. Also, i cant c oda peoplez colours in their nickname. I tried uninstallin the program from the Control panel and then downloadin it again. It still had that problem. I then dl it from a friend via the conversation. It still didn't work. Plz help.

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Voldemort on 07-03-2006 at 04:18 AM

Did you do what FineWolf said?

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by helloderhelp on 07-03-2006 at 04:24 AM

Der u r.... bro!!! Read wat i said in the "help for color nick" convo.

Fanx...

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by YandL on 07-07-2006 at 01:44 PM

my nickname color wasn't working thx for the help

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Aragan on 07-07-2006 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Close Messenger Live.

code:

Press OK

Restart Messenger

OMG u r the best, love ya! :)
RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Calicoxx on 07-07-2006 at 11:39 PM

Use this command. I tried everything else, none worked, because it didn't allow everyone to erase this file. Enter this command, and it gets it completely. Sometimes it may come back, just enter it again.

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by phung on 07-08-2006 at 01:58 AM

i did what the person said
start>run>cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll
but when the window pops up it says accese is denied some1 help here ? i still cant see cilours in peoples name or in mine

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Aragan on 07-08-2006 at 02:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by phung
i did what the person said
start>run>cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll
but when the window pops up it says accese is denied some1 help here ? i still cant see cilours in peoples name or in mine

CLOSE the msn at the right 1st... :p like if u wanna install msn polygamy
RE: RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Georgian on 07-09-2006 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Close Messenger Live.

code:

Press OK

Restart Messenger

I have the same problem and it maks that it's impossible to find this document...:S
RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Georgian on 07-09-2006 at 09:28 AM

It's OK
I don't understand but it's OK ^^
thank you for your help and I hope it's for a long time!!
Bye!!

s: thank you !!!!!

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Aragan on 07-09-2006 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Georgian
It's OK
I don't understand but it's OK ^^
thank you for your help and I hope it's for a long time!!
Bye!!

s: thank you !!!!!

the 1st time that u type the code... it makes the file dissapear xD, thats why u cant find the document after that =) everything should be ok now :D
RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Georgian on 07-10-2006 at 09:29 AM

oh nooooo :'(
today, it's the same problem on my WLM , but if I do the same thing , it's OK
but it's "bad" to do that every time I turn on my computer!

sorry :/

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Aragan on 07-10-2006 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Calicoxx
Use this command. I tried everything else, none worked, because it didn't allow everyone to erase this file. Enter this command, and it gets it completely. Sometimes it may come back, just enter it again.
:P
RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Georgian on 07-10-2006 at 10:02 PM

and if this file come back every time i restart my PC?

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Aragan on 07-11-2006 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Georgian
and if this file come back every time i restart my PC?
no idea... xD
RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Calicoxx on 07-12-2006 at 10:59 AM

No, if the file comes back, just do the same thing. The last command you entered should still be there. Enter it with WLM closed, and restart and it should be good. If you want to double check (I found this to work beautifully) you can go into C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll and if it is there, delete it. Go to recycle bin and get it removed from there as well. It prettymuch owns the file. I have yet to find a permante solution, I will post one when found....

RE: RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Jules on 07-13-2006 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Close Messenger Live.

code:

Press OK

Restart Messenger

i have the Same problem.
a friend told me, that i have to use the Plus Code for Colors.
so the point and the $ symbol...

but it doesn't work.
and the way u told, with start -> run then the code, doesm't not work on my pc.
have made a screen!
i'm germen. hope somebody can help me...

peace
RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Aragan on 07-13-2006 at 11:20 AM

wtf that means? xD cant find the file? if u cant find the file ur problem should be fixed o.o

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Jules on 07-13-2006 at 12:00 PM

ok!

i have deleted the file directly in the folder...
its much more easyier!

thanks, now it works!

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Calicoxx on 07-17-2006 at 11:56 PM

It was never hard in the first place. I don't have a german solution, I can't speak german, but I can say if it isn't working, or you don't have the file, enter it mutiple times. If you don't have the file at all, then this is a different problem.

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Georgian on 07-21-2006 at 10:14 AM

I've find a solution who works for me.
I've install a "anti-virus" named "avast" and since i've done that all it's ok,  i haven't to seach the file etc.

cool :D
thanks for all and I hope it can help someone ;)

kiss!

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Calicoxx on 07-21-2006 at 10:24 AM

Eh, I don't have a problem with the method I use (file hasn't come back in about three days or so, I'm lookin' good) since I ran Ad-Aware, but for other's whos it is still acting up, you may want to try this.

RE: my Messenger Plus live does't function correctly by Ben le cyborg on 07-21-2006 at 10:33 AM

Ok if the problem is still happening check to see if you have any scripts if you do check if you have the Capital letters script and if you do disable it this is whats was bugging mine up if it still happens well i have really no idea 8-) :P :D