Shoutbox

Live Preferences - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Live Preferences (/showthread.php?tid=62377)

Live Preferences by clatterbucket on 07-03-2006 at 01:02 AM

In the main window, I can't access the live options. If I click on the icon, nothing happens, but if I start a conversation with someone, I can access the options from that window. Does anyone know why???????

Is it possible that it could have something to do with the fact  that i still have msn discovery live  in the tools dropdown even though I have removed it from add/remove programs???

Thanks in advance:)

RE: Live Preferences by Reload2 on 07-03-2006 at 01:31 AM

Primo, Messenger Discovery Live is incompatible with Messenger Plus! Live. I've tried before and it makes both not working well.
Secundo, MsgDiscovery Live places a dll file in the messenger folder so I suggest you to uninstall WLM then delete the MSN Messenger folder in "C:\Program Files". After that, reinstall WLM again. Now it should be running fine :)

RE: Live Preferences by clatterbucket on 07-03-2006 at 02:08 AM

Thanks heaps(Y) It's now working like a dream:)

RE: Live Preferences by helloderhelp on 07-03-2006 at 03:54 AM

heyz, i need help wif my nickname which doesn't appear in colour on ma msn. Also, i cant c oda peoplez colours in their nickname. I tried uninstallin the program from the Control panel and then downloadin it again. It still had that problem. I then dl it from a friend via the conversation. It still didn't work. Plz help.

RE: Live Preferences by clatterbucket on 07-03-2006 at 07:56 AM

If you select options from the tools menu in the main window, in the personal section, if you click on format codes, a colour box should come up, just select your colour, and click apply and ok. In the main window, it should show your name in colour:)

RE: Live Preferences by CookieRevised on 07-03-2006 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
(...) then delete the MSN Messenger folder in "C:\Program Files". After that, reinstall WLM again.
If you delete the messenger folder you need to reinstall Plus! Live too.