Shoutbox

Record Line Out & Microphone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Record Line Out & Microphone (/showthread.php?tid=62379)

Record Line Out & Microphone by Val on 07-03-2006 at 02:03 AM

For anyone more tech savey than me:

I want to record what I hear on my speakers (witch I think is line in out) and record what I say into the microphone at the same time. I couldn't find a way on google and I was wondering if anyone here knows a program/method.

Thanks,
ValSpy

RE: Record Line In & Microphone by Voldemort on 07-03-2006 at 02:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ValSpy
(witch I think is line in)

Its line out.
As for the question, lemme search.
RE: RE: Record Line In & Microphone by Val on 07-03-2006 at 02:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
(witch I think is line in)

Its line out.
As for the question, lemme search.

Oh sorry :$
* Val edits
RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by MC Inferno on 07-03-2006 at 02:31 AM

valspy... what do u need this for...? deopending on what ur doin, i might be able to give u altentive options that will sound better and be easier to make

what program r u using to record to....?

RE: RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by Val on 07-03-2006 at 02:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
valspy... what do u need this for...? deopending on what ur doin, i might be able to give u altentive options that will sound better and be easier to make

what program r u using to record to....?

I want to make a podcast by using skype to connect to the other hosts of the podcast since we can't meet in person. I currently don't know what program to use, so witch ever is the best to edit sound.

Thanks Guys
RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by Voldemort on 07-03-2006 at 02:54 AM

What soundcard do you have?

RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by MC Inferno on 07-03-2006 at 03:01 AM

right... podcasts need a xml file, but i think you'll probably be already onto that, so I wont go into detial... if you dont, check this or jus google it, u'll find sum stuff about RSS feed's and that, and the best ways to get it out there... but if u need any more help, giz a shout..

Next... for acctually recording it, i suggest that you use sumthin different. I do a similar sort of thing, although I'm lookin into podcast, so if you got any info on RSS feeds and that afterall, dont hesitate to PM Me ;)

I use Adobe Audtion (my version is 1.5 coz im used to it), but sumjthin like audacity and that will do (although i've never used it myself.)... you only need to record your mic, because, when you want to play a song and so forth, you simply find your song, upload it, and comes up as a seprate track, so you can edit the bits you dont like of yor speaking... you can make it mix perfectly, get ur jingles on time (if you made some), if you need any help with this, add me onto MSN and i'll show u sum examples onmy old radio show... its hard to explain, but once you get ur head round it, u'll use AA as often as i do (everyday then ;))

any more problems, jus add me, merseystreetzart@hotmail.co.uk

RE: RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by Val on 07-03-2006 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
What soundcard do you have?

I have this Mother Board so, Realtek ALC655 6-channel audio codec
RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by aNILEator on 07-03-2006 at 06:28 AM

just switch your recording preference to be either 'what u hear' or 'stereo mix'  (not microphone at all) and it should record whatever is coming from your speakers

RE: RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by Val on 07-03-2006 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
just switch your recording preference to be either 'what u hear' or 'stereo mix'  (not microphone at all) and it should record whatever is coming from your speakers

There is one problem with that, how would I record microphone as well?
RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by Jimcando on 07-03-2006 at 07:44 PM

Is it posibly to make what you put into the mic come out of the speakers at the same time?
Sounds dodgy, but it could be possible 8-)

RE: RE: RE: Record Line Out & Microphone by CookieRevised on 07-03-2006 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
Is it posibly to make what you put into the mic come out of the speakers at the same time?
Sounds dodgy, but it could be possible 8-)
nothing dodgy at all. It's called full duplexing ("produce noise while recording noise") and is possible on most soundcards these days.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

There is one problem with that, how would I record microphone as well?
You hear the microphone too, so that will also be recorded...

PS: such request/problem has already been dealt with in the very rich past of the forums... :p you hear me comming I bet... searchy:
CookieRevised's reply to "Recording".

even older threads about it:
CookieRevised's reply to "Make programs think that..."
CookieRevised's reply to "MSN audio conversation"  (very first thread about this; post contains hardware method todo what you want)