Shoutbox

offline blocker!?!?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: offline blocker!?!?! (/showthread.php?tid=62390)

offline blocker!?!?! by kristof on 07-03-2006 at 05:44 AM

What The F*ck .... offline blocker!?!?! :o

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=50

STUPID MSGLIVE!!!! STUPID HACKERS!!!!:@:@:@:@

i'm deleted msglive :'(

RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 07-03-2006 at 05:46 AM

Whats wrong with that. Seems like a brilliant script,

RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by ShawnZ on 07-03-2006 at 05:49 AM

seems like a handy script, what are you on about?

RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by Discrate on 07-03-2006 at 05:49 AM

Msgplus Live! isnt a hack and patchou the creator isnt a hacker. I dont see how that script is a hack.

RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by haydos on 07-03-2006 at 05:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kristof
What The F*ck .... offline blocker!?!?! :o

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=50

STUPID MSGLIVE!!!! STUPID HACKERS!!!!:@:@:@:@

i'm deleted msglive :'(

:undecided:
I'm guessing you have misinterpreted what this script does. When one of your contacts/friends goes offline, your computer will block them temporarily. When they come online, the contact will automatically be unblocked. There is no 'hacking' at all, the only thing this script is doing is blocking/unblocking contacts.
RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by kristof on 07-03-2006 at 05:55 AM

brilliant script??? Its not! Sorry my engels is so bad.

But dutch, can another that transmation:
Kan iemand die misschien in het engels vertalen?:

Wel, ik vind die script helemaal niet goed! Met deze script heb je geen privacy meer op msn, als iedereen deze script heeft dan kan iedereen in de lijst zien wie - wie heeft geblokkeerd en dat is vreselijk dom en je hebt hierdoor helemaal geen privacy meer. Als de scripters nog meer van zo'n scripts maken voor msgliveplus, wordt msgliveplus binnen 2 -3 jaar een hackprogramma. Ik vind het ook schandalig dat msgliveplus zo'n scripts op de officieele site zetten?!? :S

(N)(N)(N)

RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by matty on 07-03-2006 at 05:56 AM

Ummm do you even understand what it does?

It blocks anyone on your contactlist who changes their status to Offline then when they come back Online they are unblocked.

RE: RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by kristof on 07-03-2006 at 06:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

No, i not understand.
But i think that msgpluslive over two years a hack program becomes for msn messenger live by stupid scripters. :(
RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Chrono on 07-03-2006 at 06:06 AM

quote:
No, i not understand.
But i think that msgpluslive over two years a hack program becomes for msn messenger live by stupid scripters. 
so why do you think so? cant you explain what went wrong? 8-)
RE: offline blocker!?!?! by matty on 07-03-2006 at 06:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
No, i not understand.
But i think that msgpluslive over two years a hack program becomes for msn messenger live by stupid scripters. 
He thinks that the script either lets you see if people blocked you or lets people see you blocked them.
RE: RE: offline blocker!?!?! by kristof on 07-03-2006 at 06:12 AM

quote:
quote:
No, i not understand.

That:

quote:
But dutch, can another that transmation:
Kan iemand die misschien in het engels vertalen?:

Wel, ik vind die script helemaal niet goed! Met deze script heb je geen privacy meer op msn, als iedereen deze script heeft dan kan iedereen in de lijst zien wie - wie heeft geblokkeerd en dat is vreselijk dom en je hebt hierdoor helemaal geen privacy meer. Als de scripters nog meer van zo'n scripts maken voor msgliveplus, wordt msgliveplus binnen 2 -3 jaar een hackprogramma. Ik vind het ook schandalig dat msgliveplus zo'n scripts op de officieele site zetten?!?

I try translate it itself:

I find that script not good! That script have you not privacy more on msn live messenger, as everyone haves that script than can ereryone seen who that who haves geblocked and that is't stupid and you have not privacy more. As the scripts-bulding-hackers more this scripts bulding than becomes msgliveplus concerning two-three years a hack program.

quote:
quote:
quote:
No, i not understand.
He thinks that the script either lets you see if people blocked you or lets people see you blocked them.

Yes, correct! :(
RE: RE: RE: offline blocker!?!?! by J.J on 07-03-2006 at 06:16 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
No, i not understand.

Yes, correct! :(

Thats not what the script does. Please read what Matty said earlier.

quote:
It blocks anyone on your contactlist who changes their status to Offline then when they come back Online they are unblocked.

So basically, if one of your own contacts goes offline, they will be automatically blocked until they come online, where they are unblocked.

The script has been made to prevent appearing offline contacts, or contacts that have blocked you from seeing your status
RE: RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by kristof on 07-03-2006 at 06:20 AM

quote:

ow... :$
RE: RE: RE: MSGLIVE = STUPID HACKER by segosa on 07-03-2006 at 06:45 AM

quote:
Wel, ik vind die script helemaal niet goed! Met deze script heb je geen privacy meer op msn, als iedereen deze script heeft dan kan iedereen in de lijst zien wie - wie heeft geblokkeerd en dat is vreselijk dom en je hebt hierdoor helemaal geen privacy meer. Als de scripters nog meer van zo'n scripts maken voor msgliveplus, wordt msgliveplus binnen 2 -3 jaar een hackprogramma. Ik vind het ook schandalig dat msgliveplus zo'n scripts op de officieele site zetten?!?

Translation:

quote:
Well, I don't think this is a good script at all! With this script you will no longer have any privacy on msn, and if everyone uses this script then everyone in your contact list can see who blocked who and that's really stupid and you'll have no privacy anymore. If the scripters make more scripts like that for MP!L in 2-3 years it'll just be a hacking tool. I also find it ridiculous that MP!L puts such scripts on the official website.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by kristof on 07-03-2006 at 10:35 AM

Thanks for Translation.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by benjyrama on 07-03-2006 at 06:32 PM

i think it was the word ~"spying" that triggered the hacker thingy

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Thor on 07-03-2006 at 06:44 PM

Well, good to be cautious. :)

And the script is brilliant. :D

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Sweetkitty on 07-03-2006 at 09:32 PM

Can anyone list some profits of this too? "Being spied on" :S Sounds for good who change their name to ProHacker2006_NEO when their mom says off, and play OutWar.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Chris4 on 07-03-2006 at 09:43 PM

The script just simply blocks contacts that go offline, and unblocks them when they come online, there's no hacking involved. You could do it yourself if you wanted, would you call that hacking?

The script just makes it much easier because it does it for you.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by kotjze on 07-03-2006 at 09:45 PM

Errr.... What if everyone used this? Then what if you changed status to Appear Offline, everyone on your list would go offline x.x And that would defeat the purpose of Appearing Offline, you may as well just go offline.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by alexp2_ad on 07-03-2006 at 10:04 PM

To be honest, this script pisses me off, it means appear offline is useless, but also for anyone using this:

You go offline with some contacts blocked, they come online and send you an offline message, you won't get it.  Because they were blocked.  Their offline message will be lost, and they'll be pissed off that you didn't get it, just because you didn't want people to see you if they were appearing offline.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Menthix on 07-03-2006 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sweetkitty
"Being spied on" :S
quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
I think it was the word ~"spying" that triggered the hacker thingy
I really don't understand all the commotion. It clearly says "For those who don't want to be spied on by those who appear offline or who blocked you.". This clearly indicated it is a script that will give you more privacy? It does not say it will take away privacy from others? Let me know if there is something I can do to make that description clearer.

quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
What if everyone used this? Then what if you changed status to Appear Offline, everyone on your list would go offline x.x And that would defeat the purpose of Appearing Offline
Obviously people who install this script simply don't want their contact to appear offline and they don't want to receive offline messages. People should consider if they want a script or not, they shouldn't just download everything without reading what it does. Should everybody really install this script, then maybe it's time for Microsoft to ask themselves if appear offline / offline messages are really needed and what they could improve about it.

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
this script pisses me off, it means appear offline is useless
Just when you have one of the 0.0001% of Messenger users on your contactlist that uses this script. And obviously if you have such a user on your list you would piss him off by sending an offline message anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
You go offline with some contacts blocked, they come online and send you an offline message, you won't get it.  Because they were blocked.
The purpose of this script is to block offline messages, so I don't see a problem there. It's up to the people who install the script.

And I'm not really sure how offline messaging works, but shouldn't you still get that offline message as soon as you unblock the user again? And if the offline message really doesn't get sent, doesn't the sender get notified about this? If not, then I suggest MS takes another look at their offline messages implementation and make it more reliable.
RE: offline blocker!?!?! by alexp2_ad on 07-03-2006 at 11:09 PM

Sending messages to blocked people as OIMs doesn't work, I've tested it before.

And I know very few people have the script, I'm just talking in theory. ;)

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by CapriSkye on 07-03-2006 at 11:10 PM

i just tried, you won't get the offline message...

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Chris4 on 07-03-2006 at 11:21 PM

MenthiX, maybe put in the description of Offline Blocker 1.0, "This script will block offline messages so you will no longer be able to recieve them, when the contact is blocked."

Or somthing like that...

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by dramado on 07-03-2006 at 11:21 PM

sorry about the confusion, the general idea is correct and I wouldnt be surprised  if you don't receive offline messages because you've blocked the contact.

If you don't want it don't use it :) and sorry about the name too I couldnt come up with anything better :/

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Menthix on 07-03-2006 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
MenthiX, maybe put in the description of Offline Blocker ...
Done

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by CapriSkye on 07-05-2006 at 02:42 AM

i blieve when you're offline, and your contacts come online, then you go online, they will appear as blocked.
can somebody confirm this?

also when you're offline, then your contacts go offline, they don't show as blocked when you come online.
not sure if it's possible, but i think it's better to block all offline contacts and unblock online contacts when you come online.....hope i'm clear.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by dramado on 07-05-2006 at 07:18 AM

v2 is more user friendly coming soon

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Tails on 07-06-2006 at 03:04 AM

This may seem like a noob question, and i'm new to live and Messenger Plus live and all the scripts and stuff... How how can i get the configuration page back again? Or infact do this with scripts that i download (well scripts that have configuration pages). I checked the scripting and i couldn't find anything to trigger it off again. Or at least a way to change the settings inside MSN

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by CapriSkye on 07-06-2006 at 04:11 AM

uncheck the script and click apply, check the script again and apply to get the configuration

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by ShawnZ on 07-06-2006 at 04:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CapriSkye
uncheck the script and click apply, check the script again and apply to get the configuration

uhh, or just go into the plus menu, point to it and click Configure?
RE: RE: offline blocker!?!?! by CapriSkye on 07-06-2006 at 06:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by CapriSkye

uhh, or just go into the plus menu, point to it and click Configure?

i can't find that...
RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Tails on 07-06-2006 at 02:49 PM

Yeah, neither. Maybe you're refering to the old plugins menu?

Restarting the script works fine... But a menu would be a good idea too:D.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by cloudhunter on 07-06-2006 at 02:53 PM

The Plus menu is the plus icon in either the contact list or the conversation windows ;)

Cloudy

PS: Took me a while to find it :P

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by dramado on 07-19-2006 at 07:16 PM

new version with more functionality and config windows.  block all contacts, unblock all and select which contacts you do not want to block.

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Thor on 07-19-2006 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dramado
new version with more functionality and config windows.  block all contacts, unblock all and select which contacts you do not want to block.
Good work dramado :)
offline blocker 2.0 by ManuBx on 09-16-2006 at 01:04 PM

Great script but ... don't work with polygamy !
Wainting for the lastest version !
Best regards !

RE: offline blocker!?!?! by netsplit on 09-17-2006 at 02:19 AM

What happens if two people on each other's list have this script?

Seems like as soon as one went offline it'd be blocked by the the other one, then the other one when it came back online not seeing the first one would block it.

Since they'd both have blocked each other neither would come online for the other to unblock them?

Plus it's kinda annoying having to show up online and be bugged by random people if you're just looking for one particular one.

RE: RE: offline blocker!?!?! by Conqueror on 11-01-2006 at 12:18 AM

Hi.

quote:
Originally posted by netsplit
What happens if two people on each other's list have this script?

Seems like as soon as one went offline it'd be blocked by the the other one, then the other one when it came back online not seeing the first one would block it.

Since they'd both have blocked each other neither would come online for the other to unblock them?
I think the script recognises that they have come online/unblocked you/appeared online, regardless of whether that person is blocked or not. So it will unblock the contact in any case.

quote:
Plus it's kinda annoying having to show up online and be bugged by random people if you're just looking for one particular one.

You can choose who you want this script NOT to block/unblock in the settings.

For me, everything seems to be working fine, except that the other person doesn't see my custom nickname that I chose just before blocking (in the settings). Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Sorry... The above is working. I think I had to close the contacts window for it to work.

I just want to ask... can I use any characters for the "nick before blocking" feature, or do they have to be "legal" characters? I mean, I use a lot of fancy unicode characters in my nickname... and even characters from some asian/middle eastern language (which work fine for my nick in the messenger itself). Could I use these characters in the "nick before blocking" option?? Would the script be able to handle these??? I couldn't test this, since no one is online on my list! Could someone check this please or tell me if I can do this?

Another bug is that when the script blocks those who go offline, then if I sign out out of my messenger and then later I sign back in, then even though those blocked buddies have signed back in, they remain blocked and do not get unblocked by the script. You have to manually unblock them. Not a very good strategy.
RE: offline blocker!?!?! by dramado on 11-08-2006 at 02:53 AM

conqueror, i just sent in a upgraded version with auto cycle. there is new checkbox which will allow you to cycle through contacts every time you log back in.

actually ill attach new version here