Shoutbox

Do U believe in this? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do U believe in this? (/showthread.php?tid=62396)

Do U believe in this? by -Bogan- on 07-03-2006 at 08:34 AM

Have a look at this and tell me what you think. I believe it's taking away the freedom of graffers especially the ones who used 2 do it legally.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story...6%255E2682,00.html

RE: Do U believe in this? by ~INVASION~ on 07-03-2006 at 08:47 AM

im sure when the people make the buildings, they didnt have anybody in mind coming around and ruining(some may call art) what they made in the first place. So i think illegal use is a bad thing, but if you get the permit, and its legal, then go ahead, because its usually very nicely done when theres no worry. Also sk8 parks are a great place for people to display their work

RE: Do U believe in this? by CookieRevised on 07-03-2006 at 08:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -Bogan-
I believe it's taking away the freedom of graffers especially the ones who used 2 do it legally
"especially"? I think freedom of those illegal ones should have been taken away long time ago with zero tolerance. I wonder how you would react when a wall of your house or car has an ugly tag on it (as that is the stuff which such illegal sprayers mostly do, they don't do the art-stuff).

As for taking away those legal spray-walls, I think that is a bit taking it too far. Though I can understand that such walls are indeed actracting illegal activities too. But that's up to the township to do something about it (without closing them down). Moreover, cancelling projects in schools because of that? blah....

In the town where I live, in Belgium, you have a some places too where grafitti artists (read: the artists, not the stupid minded drug dealing tag spraying junkies) can do what they want. And since those walls where put there, the random spraying and stuff has seriously decreased if not stopped.
RE: Do U believe in this? by -Bogan- on 07-03-2006 at 09:42 AM

[Image: DSCN1217.jpg]

Seriously they are going way over the top as the pic above is just bone of many great peices of art I'm not talking about "Tags" I meen actual peices when I refer to Graff. Blackwood hich used to be so good you have no idea the whole canteen wall was just three big peices which after every year pretty much it was Buffed and a new peice was put up.
As for the water system detterent it doesn't work trust me :)

RE: Do U believe in this? by RaceProUK on 07-03-2006 at 06:29 PM

Please shrink the image.

And that's probably a legit wall too.

RE: Do U believe in this? by user27089 on 07-03-2006 at 06:52 PM

Some people are amazing at doing graffiti and that shouldn't be taken away from them. Legitimate walls of graffiti should be kept, but graffiting has always been illegal anyway, unless the building owners, car owns etc. have given the artist permission to do so.

RE: Do U believe in this? by Thor on 07-03-2006 at 06:55 PM

I don't mind graffiti, just it's legal when it's done. Must say that they done have their kind of "art". :)

But doing it illegal is not good, breaking the law generally isn't good.

RE: Do U believe in this? by remember_987 on 07-03-2006 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
I don't mind graffiti, just it's legal when it's done. Must say that they done have their kind of "art". :)

But doing it illegal is not good, breaking the law generally isn't good.

Generally? ^o)

anyways yeah legal graffiti walls are cool
RE: Do U believe in this? by Curtis on 07-03-2006 at 07:14 PM

I, personally, like this peice.

RE: Do U believe in this? by RaceProUK on 07-03-2006 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
but graffiting has always been illegal anyway
Technically, it's vandalism that's illegal: graffiti is just one way to do it. Thing is, true graffiti is an artform, like Cubism or whatever.
RE: Do U believe in this? by Chris4 on 07-03-2006 at 11:12 PM

Graffiti art is cool, It's amazing how they do it. :O

RE: Do U believe in this? by -Bogan- on 07-04-2006 at 10:32 AM

Yeh this is a legal wall but if you read the article they are taking away the legal wall's.

I'll have a search and see if I can find my old pic of the Blackwood high canteen that is mentioned.

RE: Do U believe in this? by welshboy222 on 07-04-2006 at 07:19 PM

Old people see it as vandalism while younger people see it as art. If this graffiti makes a good mood around most people then it should stay. If people are using this graffiti to abuse and make themselves known to everyone in a bad way then that should be stopped. Graffiti is a mixed subject for all different people, younger people like it more than older people because old people had different lives and are used to different ways of life.

Life has changed Graffiti is a art if it is used in the right way. Older people should ask younger people what they think of Graffiti otherwise it's just not fair.

RE: Do U believe in this? by CookieRevised on 07-04-2006 at 09:10 PM

Tags are not art, they are childish outages and vandalism!

They are just a modern way of immature gangs/people who want to put there name on everything. Why childish? Because infants do exactly the same thing, they want to own everything and if they have the chance and are able to, they write there name (or their scribbles) on everything with crayons. Tags are exactly the same thing.

He who did not wrote (or even etched) his name on something without purpose (eg: because he was bored in class) put up your arm...

Tags are not some way of self-expression, art or whatever. They are pure and only vandalism. Tags aren't graffiti at all in any way.

What 'older' people often mean with graffiti are exactly those stupid tags on buildings, cars, trains, etc... And most likely that was also the main reason for that article and the measures being taken. That legal true graffiti is also punished is too bad but probably, in this case, not possible to do it otherwise.

But you would be surprised how many 'older' people actually admire true graffiti artworks (at least over here).

RE: Do U believe in this? by Voldemort on 07-04-2006 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Tags are not some way of self-expression, art or whatever. They are pure and only vandalism.

true, i hate whedn they do that here