Shoutbox

[release] securePLUS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [release] securePLUS (/showthread.php?tid=62405)

[release] securePLUS by foaly on 07-03-2006 at 09:50 AM

I wrote a script to code your messengerchats making messengersnifflers useless. More information here

I couldn't really test it completely so if there are any bugs, please tell me I will repair it as soon as I can...

RE: [release] securePLUS by Nathan on 07-03-2006 at 09:54 AM

Capital letters would be nice :p
Apart form that looks ok ;)

RE: [release] securePLUS by Ezra on 07-03-2006 at 10:02 AM

Works ok, only drawback is that it uses a synchronic cypher that has no way of secure transfer, so the key will be sniffed in the beginning of the secure chat because there is no other way of sending the key.

RE: [release] securePLUS by foaly on 07-03-2006 at 10:48 AM

@Ezra that is true...
but that is always the case... because if you don't use a key.. the code is easy to decode by just analysing the script... you just have to exchange keys when you see eye yo eye with the one you chat to...

RE: [release] securePLUS by Ezra on 07-03-2006 at 11:11 AM

Well, that's exacly why there are asynchronical cyphers, but that will make it a lot more complicated.

You'd have to exchange public keys when you enable the encryption. That way a key is still sent over the unenrypted connection, but it's only good for encrypting messages not decrypting.

RE: [release] securePLUS by foaly on 07-03-2006 at 11:19 AM

that won't work because even then you need a secret key... and that key will show up in the scriptfile...

RE: [release] securePLUS by Ezra on 07-03-2006 at 11:26 AM

no, the secret key + public key will be calculated when the script is first installed.

RE: [release] securePLUS by foaly on 07-03-2006 at 11:55 AM

ok didn't know that was possible...

RE: [release] securePLUS by dreaded on 07-17-2006 at 08:47 AM

Finally someone came out with encryption for messenger plus. Thank you.

RE: [release] securePLUS by prince01 on 08-19-2006 at 03:14 PM

If this doesn't fit your needs... and you want a better solution, you may try IMSecure Pro of Zone Labs (http://www.zonelabs.com)... well is not free... but does the job. (But both must have the program installed in order to encryption work!)