Shoutbox

Something wrong here with my sharing folder - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Something wrong here with my sharing folder (/showthread.php?tid=62407)

Something wrong here with my sharing folder by Deano on 07-03-2006 at 09:58 AM

one of my sharing folders shows a thumbs.db file non of the other ones i have with contacts has it apart from this one here a screen shot of it

this is only happening on 1 computer and when i delete and go back on it shows up again :@

What do i need to do 8-)

any ideas on wat i should do*-)

RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by Underlord on 07-03-2006 at 10:05 AM

thumbs.db is the cache for the images in thumbnail view.

RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by alexp2_ad on 07-03-2006 at 10:07 AM

And it's only showing on your computer because you have display hidden files switched on on it.

RE: RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by Deano on 07-03-2006 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
thumbs.db is the cache for the images in thumbnail view.

but why wont it go away

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
And it's only showing on your computer because you have display hidden files switched on on it.

thanks for that now turning off hidden files ;)
RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by Vilkku on 07-03-2006 at 10:09 AM

Windows generates it each time you view the folder using the thumbnail view, that lets you see the images before you open them. It won't go away unless you disable it somewhere, can't remember excactly at the moment.

EDIT: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article03-204

RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by Deano on 07-03-2006 at 10:10 AM

I turned off hidden files and folders and now its gone :D

RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by CookieRevised on 07-03-2006 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deano
It's not gone...
You only don't see it anymore, but it is still there!
RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by xJ + on 07-03-2006 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Deano
It's not gone...
You only don't see it anymore, but it is still there!
Yes, it will still be there. Cause,
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Windows generates it each time you view the folder using the thumbnail view, that lets you see the images before you open them.
Anyway, If you don't wish to see it, just simply delete it.. That's what I'll always do. Since thumb.db isn't any important file to a certain extent. ;)
RE: Something wrong here with my sharing folder by CookieRevised on 07-03-2006 at 07:37 PM

xJ +, that wasn't the point though and not the reason why it is still there. It is still there because the file has the "hidden" attribute and Deano turned of the option "view hidden files". Even if the thumbnail file wasn't regenerated each time, that file would still be there.

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
Anyway, If you don't wish to see it, just simply delete it..
It will simply be regenerated and thus still existing as long as you didn't turn off the option listed by Vilkku.